IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I love this YouTube channel. Specifically the VFX reactions. It is interesting what movie makers could get away with pre computer generation and also motion control cameras. Some crazy shots can be done by just manipulating perspective with the camera. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

The Flash, gets a tap in par for me. 

My fist DC movie in a long time. I enjoyed the throw back to more of a cheesy super hero movie. The MCU was based more in reality, while this to me was more of a throwback. I really like Ezra Miller as The Flash. I might have to check out a few more of the DC movies. I was glad to see Michael Keaton reprise his roll as Batman. I was a huge Batman fan when I was younger. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• 2 weeks later...

I give Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse a hole out eagle. 

I am big into animation, and I love the style they have for these movies. The characters are great. They are funny. The action scenes are great. I have no complaints. Just really good. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Indian Jones and The Dial of Destiny gets a Par

It was an enjoyable movie. I liked this much more than the previous one. Indiana Jones went back to its roots more. Man, old Indiana Jones is a bit unbelievable in this movie. Still, It was a fun movie to watch, so it gets the par. 

One thing, this poor guy. I swear he was hired just to be a punching bag for the good guys. It was a bit noticeable he was getting knocked out at the beginning of nearly every fight scene he was in. Luckily he looked like a guy you'd want to deck anyways, 🤣

The last thing is the amount of CG in this movie. It is noticeable. It is probably around par for the course for what can be done now of days. 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

19 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Indian Jones and The Dial of Destiny gets a Par

It was an enjoyable movie. I liked this much more than the previous one. Indiana Jones went back to its roots more. Man, old Indiana Jones is a bit unbelievable in this movie. Still, It was a fun movie to watch, so it gets the par. 

One thing, this poor guy. I swear he was hired just to be a punching bag for the good guys. It was a bit noticeable he was getting knocked out at the beginning of nearly every fight scene he was in. Luckily he looked like a guy you'd want to deck anyways, 🤣

The last thing is the amount of CG in this movie. It is noticeable. It is probably around par for the course for what can be done now of days. 😉

The first hour was very Indiana Jones. It fell off for me towards the back end of the middle. Par is a fair score. Maybe another viewing down the line will change. Man did he get old. Such a great character. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

List of Movies I plan on seeing

Probably 
Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
Blue Beetle
The Marvels

Absolutely
Dune - Part 2
Oppenheimer

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - I give it an easy birdie. Terrific chase scenes and good story. Way better than Crystal Skull and a bit better than Temple of Doom except for Short Round.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Oppenheimer: Gets a Hole in One

This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Somehow Nolan created a movie that feels so grounded in reality, but is able to use sound and visualization to stylize the movie that makes it a fascinating movie watch from that aspect. Let alone the story and the acting. You have Robert Downey Jr. probably at the peak of his powers. Cillian Murphy as Oppenheimer is just amazing. The story is just fascinating because of its relevancy to the world we live in now and how much influence all this had.

I am trying to remember a movie that seems similar to this, but I can't. Maybe Lincoln in 2012. That was more of Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field just being amazing in that movie. That movie felt like a period piece. This movie felt modern, but was able to convey the era of the story too. It amazed me how well Nolan straddle all these lines and was able to put together such a great movie. 

It is 3 hours long, but it paces well. The story and acting is good enough to string you along to the end. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The Barbie franchise is strong! Also, WB spent more in marketing than what they did to make the movie. 🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The Barbie franchise is strong! Also, WB spent more in marketing than what they did to make the movie. 🤣

I heard that people are doing the double header Barbie and Oppenheimer on the same night.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 7/15/2023 at 5:07 PM, boogielicious said:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - I give it an easy birdie. Terrific chase scenes and good story. Way better than Crystal Skull and a bit better than Temple of Doom except for Short Round.

I've not seen Dial of Destiny yet but will, probably wait for it to stream.  Of the ones I have seen I rank them:

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  2. The Last Crusade
  3. Crystal Skull
  4. Temple of Doom

PS.:

Raiders & Last Crusade could easily be a tie.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

15 minutes ago, StuM said:

I've not seen Dial of Destiny yet but will, probably wait for it to stream.  Of the ones I have seen I rank them:

2. The Last Crusade
  3. Crystal Skull
  4. Temple of Doom

PS.:

From an impact on the action movie history, Raiders is a much more significant movie. It is also a fantastic movie. I have major nostalgia for The Last Crusade. It got me into the Indiana Jones series. I am a huge fan of Sean Connery. Ford and Connery are awesome in that movie. 

Tied 1: Raiders and The Last Crusade
3rd: Dial of Destiny

Off the list: Crystal Skull and TOD. They are just both bad movies. In a ranking system, you have Raiders and TLC at like 95+ grades. Dial of Destiny gets like a 80-85. CS and TOD are like <50. HUGE drop off. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

On 7/13/2023 at 6:13 PM, iacas said:

Looks interesting.  At first I was a little worried thinking doing a remake of a remake but it appears to be a unique story line, basically a Prequel.  He has large shoes to fill with the prior performances of Gene Wilder & Johnny Depp.  Pretty sure I will watch this but likely not in a theater.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, StuM said:

2. The Last Crusade
  3. Crystal Skull
  4. Temple of Doom

PS.:

I really liked Dial of Destiny. We saw it in the theater. Great chase scenes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Barbie - Easy Birdie. Fun story line, really funny, great music and acting. My only question is was that really Ryan Gosling’s body.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1999d4a295b68045b20077560fa397193e-top-g

Look, the only way to really make sense of Tom Cruise’s latest is as an Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge sitch.

What do y'all think of this one?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I'm not sure if this looks good or terrible.