IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

due to my consistant fade with my driver. i hit my driver an average of 270-280 yards. (my 2 iron isnt too far behind at times, at around 245)

c
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Id say my average is probly 225ish or so. If i could solve my slice issue, itd be closer to 250.
Driver - Nike Sumo2 5900 10.5
Hybrids (1,2,3) - Nickent Genex 3DX
Irons (4-PW) - Wilson Staff Di5
Wedges (52*,56*) - Wilson Staff TW7
Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #9

I just couldn't resist. I went to the local GolfSmith last night and hit a Cleveland HiBore XL. Luckily I hit it just as consistant as my old driver but with the added advantage of about 15 yards on average. Guess what has a new home in my bag

Good deal. A love affair with a driver is rare and precious. Have a great season.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Of the ones that I hit good and find the fairway I would say they average around 270, and this an honest 270. I have hit many over 300 but that swing usually misses the fairway.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I can consistantly drive 290 & keep it in the fairway. I have, on occation, when everything comes together, hit 325+. I was playing a round this past fall, in about 40 degress, and had a 340 yard drive. Those are once every 50 drive attempts. Actually, I do not use my driver very much. I really prefer my 2 iron wood to tee off. I consistantly hit that 260-270, and am very accurate with it. If I could ever get a putter, I could consistanly shoot in the 70's.

It depends on where i hit the clubface

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

If i'm having a good day i can roll it up to 300 (if i don't slice it!), but more like 260/270 on average.....bare in mind we are 5000ft above sea level which adds 10yds or so, my biggest was 350 but that was in the dead of winter with fairways as dry and hard as concrete!

I think some of the confusion comes from differences in driving ranges and golf courses. I dont think the majority of people on here that say they have hit it 300 yards are lying. I even believe the guy with the high handicap that says he hit his 3-wood 300 yards as crazy as that seems. I was at a range in grimes, Iowa That had markers clear out to 300 yards but the yardages didn't make any since. My friend argued with me that the yardages were fairly accurate and to dispute his claim I hit my pitching wedge as hard as I could a few times and with a strong wind at our back and the elevated tees I could carry a range ball to the 200 and almost 250 yard marker after successive tries. I was delofting the club and hitting a huge draw but still. In reality I probably hit the driver 250 and the pw 135-140. We have also had drives on a straight 400 yard par four at a municpal golf course that suggest we hit the ball 325 yards because there is 75 yards to the front of the green after our first shots. Thats wrong too.

I'm not long at all but i hit most fairways 255-260 (carry)

mlb12

Titleist 915D2 Aldila Rogue black stiff
Titleist 913 f 15° Diamana stiff
Titleist 913 f 19 Diamana stiff
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw dg s300
Vokey sm5 56 m grind
Vokey sm5 60 m grind

putter odyssey collection 6m milled 34

High Handicappers can still uncork it. When I was a 12 Handi, I could still hammer over 300 and I played in a handied tourney and my playing partners were like what are you a sandbagger. All I said was watch me chip and sure enough they saw what I meant. Now my short game is much better and the handi is way down. Short game is so huge.

About 275. If I catch it good a few yards longer. If I'm teeing it up following a double bogey, then that ball is going 300 yards...

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

190-200 ish

Hey She's being modest but she is being honest...

I carry my driver about 290 but I hit the ball so high I get almost no roll... I carry an 8.5-degree driver... I hit 300 a lot... but I hit Driver at my home course 3 times a round... I hit mostly 3-wood and 2-iron... off the tee... and she probably chips and pitches better than i do... and I'm a SCRATCH!!!!

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
I think everyone exaadurrates distance. I hit it solid and at most hit it 290 but on average 280.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I would guess I carry the ball 240-250 with 10-15 yards of roll. Best drives get out there about 270-275 or maybe a little more.

However, if you want my exaggerated long drive story, here it is. I have hit a 392 yard drive. It was a par five that has a fairway split by a cartpath. There is a large slope downwards at the end of the first fairway. I usually carry the ball just short of that, but that day I really caught one and hit the downslope. I couldn;t see it roll, out, so I was shocked to see that it had rolled almost 140 yards. Granted the course conditions were quite firm that day and it was rolling downhill, but I'm still proud of it. The hole was about 535 and I hit 9 iron into the green.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 4732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!