IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

i have no clue how far i carry it, but an average drive for me is 265-275, with the occasional 290 (maybe once a round). Then comes the 240 hook... How do u guys figure your carry distances?? I just see where mine end up lol

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

I don't even want to talk about my average lol. The farthest that I can hit (full swing btw) is about 155 yds with a driver off the tee. I guess I'm not physically strong enough like the rest of you guys in here to hit it 200+. But then again, like 95% of the people at the driving range where I play can only hit it as far as I can; rarely do I see anyone can hit it 200 yards, let alone hit it over 200 yds.

I don't even want to talk about my average lol. The farthest that I can hit (full swing btw) is about 155 yds with a driver off the tee. I guess I'm not physically strong enough like the rest of you guys in here to hit it 200+. But then again, like 95% of the people at the driving range where I play can only hit it as far as I can; rarely do I see anyone can hit it 200 yards, let alone hit it over 200 yds.

at least your honest with yourself man, thats more than a lot of "300 yard avg." can say about themselves. Golf is a bitchy sport that takes a while to get good at, but keep it up and youll get to 200 sooner than you think.

Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Do you have a 460cc titanium driver? I gave one to my 70 year old father as a gift this year. He has arthritis and is hunched over a little so instead of a senior shaft, he simply plays a shorter ladies club. He has played for years and has a smooth swing but very little power. The 460cc Big Bertha added about 30 yards to his drives and he is in the 180-210 yard range on average.

To the gentlemen that called anyone hitting over 300 yards delusional, I say that is an unfair and callous statement possibly inspired by jealousy. I personally said I average in the 261-285 group, but I have had a couple of drives over 300 fairly recently after taking a few lessons. I have noticed that on the PGA Tour and everywhere else, the longest drive does not result in the lowest score. As long as you keep it in play, you should be happy. The shots worth bragging about are the ones landing close to the pin and the one putts.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

Did anyone notice the yardages at Westchester???

I thought, as opposed to some recent tourneys, the players hit the ball more reasonable distances, 165 was a 6 iron for KJ, 210 was a 4 iron, and a lot of 250- 270 yard drives for the field. Or was I just imagining things??

If so, was it the moisture, slope of the course, etc.

thanks

Brook

I am a beginner. Mid and short irons, I have a enough consistency to determine average yardage. Long irons, metal woods, I am still having issues with. I guess on my driver, I hit it too close to the bottom of the arc, instead of on the up swing. My trajectroy is low, fly about 160yr, then roll to just short of 200.

Do you have a 460cc titanium driver? I gave one to my 70 year old father as a gift this year. He has arthritis and is hunched over a little so instead of a senior shaft, he simply plays a shorter ladies club. He has played for years and has a smooth swing but very little power. The 460cc Big Bertha added about 30 yards to his drives and he is in the 180-210 yard range on average.

um i wasnt trying to be callous or unfair, though i apologize if it came off that way. I was merely trying to say that the average golfer (myself included) often tends to be generous when talking about driving distance. I was not trying to say that everyone who hits the ball 300 yards is a liar.. And i can promise you that it was not inspired by jealousy; i have no problem with my driver distance.

No, I don't have the 460 cc driver. Mine is 1 wood Wilson hyperdrive titanium composite. Is the 460 cc the club that most people use to hit their longest drives?

asianpsuation, Maybe one day I can hit 200 yds, who knows.

Sweet spot is a sweet spot, doesn't matter club head size. How big are you? 200 should be reachable in a few years if you're new to the game. I recently hit my first 300 yard drive, (45 of roll though lol), and today my average drive was probably 250, which for me is a real poke. But when I started earlier this year i was only hitting around 190-210, so in time I'm sure you'll improve alot.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Inconsistency seems to be the theme in my game.

Decent hits go about 230. Better ones go about 260. 1 in around 20 drives will go 280+. Rarely hit it under 200. I'm guessing my average is around 235.

280+ consistantly.. SS 114+
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Sweet spot is a sweet spot, doesn't matter club head size.

I get the logic in that statement but at the same time, don't the 460cc drivers have a larger sweet spot than an older smaller driver? Hitting the sweet spot on either makes for a good drive but hitting the sweet spot on a 460cc club head should be easier shouldn't it? Or is all that extra size just for extra forgiveness on mishits? Either way, moving up to a 460cc driver helped my 70 year old father by around 30 yards on average. Maybe it's all the placement of the weight and/or the hotter face? Seems like newer technology has some benefits.

WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

• Administrator
I get the logic in that statement but at the same time, don't the 460cc drivers have a larger sweet spot than an older smaller driver?

No. Technically, the "sweet spot" is infinitely small. Smaller than the tip of a pencil or a Sharpie. It's ONE spot on the clubhead which lies on the center of gravity.

A lot of people will generalize the sweet spot as any area on the club that results in a pretty reasonable ball flight, but that's more like an "acceptable ball speed zone" rather than a true "sweet spot."
Hitting the sweet spot on either makes for a good drive but hitting the sweet spot on a 460cc club head should be easier shouldn't it? Or is all that extra size just for extra forgiveness on mishits?

Ah, yes, that's it - it's just for mishits. Missing the sweet spot by 1/4" on a huge driver is better than missing by 1/4" on an old persimmon driver. 1/4" is still within that "acceptable zone" on the new drivers but was 20 yards into the trees on the old persimmon drivers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to say 200-210.

I now own a Sky Caddie so I use the "mark" feature a lot. I'll bomb one out there (quite rare) and think that's gotta be close to 275-285, and then Sky Caddie tells me it's 230

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I usually drive around 280 to 300 on a straight drive. With roll I'm usually around 300 to 305. My longest drive I've ever measured was 307 in high school. I don't drive straight very often, so I'm usually about 265 to 275 with my slice.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Depends on the conditions, really. I posted earlier that I drive it about 250, and then 270, and now I'm getting up to 300. It's all about the roll, especially with how dry it's been here in Kentucky. The rough is a scrubby light brown with dead patches everywhere, and the fairways are really a series of green circles about 40 yards in diameter where the sprinklers reach and everything outside of that is pretty much dead. I probably averaged 300 the other day, only carrying about 230-240, with some drives well past 300, perhaps 350 if it was downhill. I mean, I'm hitting driver, sand wedge into a 440 yard par 4...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Constantly 260 yards. But sometimes I do my swing better and reach 280.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I usually drive around 280 to 300 on a straight drive. With roll I'm usually around 300 to 305. My longest drive I've ever measured was 307 in high school. I don't drive straight very often, so I'm usually about 265 to 275 with my slice.

Usually 280-300? ...and your handicap index says 30? GitRDone dude!!

Just messing with you (both)

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!