IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

if i do go to the range, i don't hit my driver. i never could hit it at the range b/c i'm always just trying to murder it so everything gets screwed up. i usually just work on my iron play... also.. look at the people who are at the range as well. most of the ranges i've gone to off of courses are just people out having some fun trying to hit some balls. at courses i mostly see people working on their iron play.

The range I go to has a 250 marker then a net which is 300. It has 3 tiers of grass, each one about 4 yards wide and 1 yard apart, and the range distances are measured from the front tier. So, you figure that if you hit the net from the front tier you're only doing 285, and if you hit it from the back portion of the back tier you're actually hitting 300.

Also, I don't have your problem with driving at the range. However, most of my range time is spent on iron play, and if I feel I need to work on something with my drive I do it about 3/4 through my bucket. Like last night I was getting used to my new irons and hit 50 with my 8 iron, 50 with my 6, and 50 with my 4, never touching my driver because I didn't go there for that.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I probably average 280 to 285 but recently, using my skycaddie to mark them, I averaged 312 for the day on some firm bentgrass fairways with little wind. I hit one 351 downhill but also went 334 on a flat fairway. Those were big for me.

Loo

My average today would have been weird. I have such a lack of consistancy. I hit about 1/2 of my drives today 250 very close to the middle of the fairway, how ever i hit the other 1/2 with severe slices, and probably only averaged 185 with them, I think many people (myself included) take an average of there best drives for the day, not including those shankers

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

215 is probably my average.

I'll have one or two 275's per round, but also some 180's .

in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I think many people (myself included) take an average of there best drives for the day, not including those shankers

You're making a good point here. I do that, as well. I don't count the worm burner, banana-ball, or duck-hook into my driving average. When I say I drove the ball (insert number here) yards today, I mean well-struck shots, not the mishits as well. For example, I drove the ball 280 today with my well-struck ones, but that doesn't count the "I intended to hit a draw but got a fade" shots (a fade kills my distance), or my toe hit on #9. The real average is probably 250, because that fade cuts my distance down to....220 on a lucky day.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Guest ShadowXOR
Well I went out today for the first time and mine seems to be right around 200 yards give or take (probably take).

I average right at the high end of the 201-260 yard range and, well, gave myself benefit of the doubt on the survey. The last three rounds I played, I ranged from 250-310, with the vast majority in the 255-265 range.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

i have been keeping track of all my drives since i got my new driver- drives have been between 240-270.. HUGE improvement compare to my last driver where I was struggling to the 200 yard marker..... getting fitted was the best thing i could of done...

not to start a thread highjack, but it would be nice to see the the % of fairways hit to be added to the distance or avarage too... my friends are big hitters and missers too...lol 260/280yd drives don't mean anything if there OB or in the next fairway... but then again most of you never miss the fairways....

Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

not to start a thread highjack, but it would be nice to see the the % of fairways hit to be added to the distance or avarage too... my friends are big hitters and missers too...lol 260/280yd drives don't mean anything if there OB or in the next fairway... but then again most of you never miss the fairways....

Actually, I used to be that way. I would hit the ball a long way, and not know in what area code it was going to land. It's taken me most of the summer, but a swing change and the realization I don't need to murder the ball to get it out there, I'm getting the ball under control. Sure, once every round or two I'll send one into the wrong state, but hey... it happens to everyone.

For the majority of people though, their monster drives are only matched by the monster lies they end up in - places on the course that don't see many visitors. Even for the straighter hitters, the odds are stacked against them, because it's harder to hit a 50 yard fairway with a 300 yard drive than it is with a 200 yard drive. Simple trigonometry, I'm afraid. Edit: I hit about 60 percent of the fairways and my misses usually aren't bad. It usually means my ball tricked about six inches into the rough.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

somewhere around 260-270 for my average i guess.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

on average i'll usually hit 7 fairways per round (not that great) but i'll also have 4 or 5 misses that are within a few yards of the fairway too.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I carry it about 280 yards, I know this as its been a wet summer and my ball has ended up about 2 yards in front of or behind its pitch mark

My driving accuracy has improved since switching to the Taylor Made Burner driver about a month ago, I probably hit around 60% fairways but I tend to miss real bad once a round, mainly right!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I am still doubting the number of posters who claim to be able to carry it 280+ yds. That is far & beyond anything that studies have shown regarding handicaps & driving distances.

I am still doubting the number of posters who claim to be able to carry it 280+ yds. That is far & beyond anything that studies have shown regarding handicaps & driving distances.

So do I. Most of these guys are fantasy merchants.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!