IGNORED

Brett Favre :-(

BruceMGF
Note: This thread is 3776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nonsense. He did it for millions of dollars........NOT for our entertainment.

If you believe that you don't know shit about Mr Favre.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you believe that you don't know shit about Mr Favre.

If you refer to him as "Mr Favre", you must be a Vikings fan.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you refer to him as "Mr Favre", you must be a Vikings fan.......

Nope grew up and live in Wisconsin. Why would you say I'm a queens fan?

Nope grew up and live in Wisconsin. Why would you say I'm a queens fan?

Because Brett Favre is dead to all real Packer fans......

In David's bag....

Maybe to someone who doesn't understand what happened. Or someone who is dumb enough to take a game personal. He's one of the best qb's of all time and enjoyed watching him.

Maybe to someone who doesn't understand what happened. Or someone who is dumb enough to take a game personal. He's one of the best qb's of all time and enjoyed watching him.

Yep. A Vikings fan...... .....real Packers fans DO take it personally.

In David's bag....

Yep. A Vikings fan...... .....real Packers fans DO take it personally.

Ha funny I guess I'm not a real fan then. It really pains me that you don't approve of how I feel about Brett.

Ha funny I guess I'm not a real fan then. It really pains me that you don't approve of how I feel about Brett.

It's all about loyalty. He could have retired as a KING in Wisconsin, but he lost me (and most Packer fans) when he decided to leave Green Bay and play for the Jets, and then the Queens..... .....that can never be forgiven. Now, let's talk about how we get Rodgers back on the field as soon as possible!

In David's bag....

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Tony Dorsett has signs of CTE: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9937304

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sad, this does not help a lot of us who have a waning interest in football.

It's all about loyalty. He could have retired as a KING in Wisconsin, but he lost me (and most Packer fans) when he decided to leave Green Bay and play for the Jets, and then the Queens.....

.....that can never be forgiven.

How can you fault a guy who obviously still had a couple years left in him for wanting to play?  Well, other than his retire, un-retire bit.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

I've lost interest each of the past five or six years. I've watched all of about two or three games this year.

The NFL is bad. I know parents who aren't letting their kids play, and I support that decision.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've lost interest each of the past five or six years. I've watched all of about two or three games this year.

The NFL is bad. I know parents who aren't letting their kids play, and I support that decision.

I will be in that camp. I will probably not allow my son to play.  I never played or wanted to because of these reasons as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Sad, this does not help a lot of us who have a waning interest in football. How can you fault a guy who obviously still had a couple years left in him for wanting to play?  Well, other than his retire, un-retire bit.

He could have played for as long as he wanted with the Packers, had he just made up his mind.

In David's bag....

He could have played for as long as he wanted with the Packers, had he just made up his mind.

Maybe technically, but he would have had TT constantly in his ear trying to get him to retire.  I don't think he wanted to deal with that.  Thompson was afraid of losing Rodgers.  I don't personally fault either party for any of it.

Nate

Brett Favre is the biggest diva to ever play QB in the league. Tom Brady wears ugs but Favre is STILL a bigger diva in my opinion. But no matter how much I dislike the guy I cant wish CTE or anything like that on anyone. Yes he made a ton of money but the NFL has covered up the dangers of CTE for years. I believe the name of the documentary was League of Denial, but there's some good info on the subject. I watched it and was pretty surprised how far Goodell and his Goon Squad went to keep players in the dark on this. Made me feel a little bad to be a football fan.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

It's all about loyalty. He could have retired as a KING in Wisconsin, but he lost me (and most Packer fans) when he decided to leave Green Bay and play for the Jets, and then the Queens.....

.....that can never be forgiven.

How can you fault a guy who obviously still had a couple years left in him for wanting to play?  Well, other than his retire, un-retire bit.

It's a shame for someone like Favre, who didn't need the money, to not be able to see the writing on the wall and get out when the time was right.  Even as a Viking fan, I wasn't that excited when he signed on.  Why spend that kind of money on Favre when you should be working on actually building a team with youth.

That's one reason I have great respect for John Elway.  He could easily have pulled a Favre and played another year or two, but he had nothing left to prove, and he was honest about it.  He said that the play during the season would be missed, but training camp would not.  Monday mornings after a game would not be missed.  He got out, ultimately joined the front office, and he is still the next thing to a god in Colorado.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It's a shame for someone like Favre, who didn't need the money, to not be able to see the writing on the wall and get out when the time was right.  Even as a Viking fan, I wasn't that excited when he signed on.  Why spend that kind of money on Favre when you should be working on actually building a team with youth.

Because they were one play away from going to the super bowl.  I lived in MN for 30 years and am a Vikings fan as well(I use the term fan loosely ;-) ).  In trying to be objective, I am just saying that I get Thompson's point of view and I get that Farve still wanted to play.

Nate

Note: This thread is 3776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!