IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the comment, but my swing is still under construction. @mvmac, my son, and many others on this site are helping me!

I have a Swingbyte, and would like to do simultaneous video with that. V1 looks interesting, but there is also Evolvr which looks equally interesting. Probably should do something like that to take the next step up?

Having your private lessons with @mvmac has to be best, evolvr somewhere after that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Thanks for the comment, but my swing is still under construction. @mvmac, my son, and many others on this site are helping me!

I have a Swingbyte, and would like to do simultaneous video with that. V1 looks interesting, but there is also Evolvr which looks equally interesting. Probably should do something like that to take the next step up?

Having your private lessons with @mvmac has to be best, evolvr somewhere after that.

So far, yup. :-)

Quote:

I only use the V1 free version but I've been told the paid version is worth the money it costs in every way. I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but it lets you do all kinds of cool stuff with video. If your a member on GolfWRX as well as here, Member "Reasonability" is there my swing coach and has a mean eye for the golf swing, may be another option for you as well sir if you can get in touch with him.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind for the future, but right now I'm pretty happy with @mvmac .

I didn't do my 5 minute practice today. I'm busy trying to setup the Swingbyte video feature. The accelerometer based readings and the video do not agree with each other, at least where I can compare them. Took 100 shots to get any kind of alignment, and now it's too dark to take blur free video. Will continue tomorrow. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played a practice round at San Gabriel CC and spent a little extra time hitting a few pitches around the greens since it's kikuyu gras, different than my home course.

Do you have some time for a lesson at my house? Or maybe meet for coffee/tea?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Do you have some time for a lesson at my house?

Or maybe meet for coffee/tea?

Probably not, busy with the tournament and visiting friends. I'll let you know if I do get some free time.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/504#post_1142112"] Do you have some time for a lesson at my house? Or maybe meet for coffee/tea?[/QUOTE] Probably not, busy with the tournament and visiting friends. I'll let you know if I do get some free time.

Okay, thanks. I only asked because, I'm only a couple miles north of you next town up. Have a nice stay. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went on the course today and played 9 holes after work (and the tournament) in less than 1:15 on the shorter course. Played awesome for me, lowest 9 hole score yet and it felt so easy to do. My drives found the fairways or first cut with the average drive proportional to my iron distances. Only one went far off line, but was recoverable.

I guess I'm still only 1 inch back with the club head behind my hands at A3? Still this made a night and day difference in my accuracy. Nice controlled draw flights on more than a third of my shots. I'm inspired to work to be able to do this on every shot.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went on the course today and played 9 holes after work (and the tournament) in less than 1:15 on the shorter course. Played awesome for me, lowest 9 hole score yet and it felt so easy to do. My drives found the fairways or first cut with the average drive proportional to my iron distances. Only one went far off line, but was recoverable. I guess I'm still only 1 inch back with the club head behind my hands at A3? Still this made a night and day difference in my accuracy. Nice controlled draw flights on more than a third of my shots. I'm inspired to work to be able to do this on every shot.

That's great! I'm happy you were able to find success on the course! Keep it up.

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

GL stats:

1-1-15/5-15-1516

LS-77

HS-87

AS-81

Ea-0

Bi-9

Pa-83

Bo-85

DB-23

B3+-2

49.7%-F

35.1%-G

24 >3-Putts

Scble 31%-P

Scble 68%- B or W

AVGD-246; Average last round was 265

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hoping to get more than 2" of club head behind the hands at A3.

Did 5 mirror drills, so I know it's possible. . .going to do outdoor drills and video it next.

On the range, I did it about 1/3 of the time. Still working on it.

Here is a PW sample. The video does not appear to display in my signed in account. Average 4 degrees in to out.

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/23216caai

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/1bd6d01ei

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/583181d8i

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/5f6fa7ai

https://my.swingbyte.com/e/27c9a19di

The "speed" and ball path data were confirmed on a GC2 (foresight) for the average of all 5 swings. GC2 measures ball speed and Swingbyte measures the angular change, so I verified actual distances and flight at the driving range which appeared to be consistent with the readings (assuming the range markers are correct). I also noticed the time stamp for the swings is off, not sure why this is the case. I took the data at about 11:00am this morning. Another mystery to figure out.

I noticed that my tempo is all over the map, which I am sure Swingbyte measures pretty accurately. This is another avenue for improvement for sure.

For now, I am focused on path, but the data confirms that my swing is crap and there is a lot more work to do. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

GL stats:

1-1-15/5-18-15(17)

LS-77

HS-87

AS-81

Ea-0

Bi-10

Pa-89

Bo-87

DB-23

B3+-2

50.8%-F

35.5%-G

25 >3-Putts

Scble 32%-P

Scble 67%- B or W

AVGD-248; Average last round was 266

More mirror work at 5:30am today before playing 18 holes on the longer course and shot pretty decently, but I started falling back on my old ways and could see it in the ball flight. I had to do some of the drills in between holes to kind of get my swing back in gear.

Played an extra 4 practice holes on the shorter course where I did a slow swing drill for about 2 minutes before every single shot. This was a really good, all my shots were straight draws***. I doubt if I can get away with doing a 2 minute pre-shot routine with playing partners around, but it is really great for practice rounds where I am by myself. The only thing missing is a mirror.

***Still working on making them slight push draws.

Going to spend more time using the Swingbyte, and figuring out how to link the synchronized video in the linked page. This seems to give me decent feedback for my path issues. I also noticed that I am striking really steep at impact (15 degrees), and my divots are the size of beaver pelts. Also, I can't hit out of divots that well. These probably need some addressing too.

Doing the drill on the course prior to each shot really helps a lot. I feel like this could lead to better golf. . .but the swing still feels unnatural.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I made a good show on the first tee with a long drive 30 yards short of the green, and the second and third holes. Once I was out of sight of all the low handicap golfers, my game fell apart completely. :-D

Seriously, my next round will be a practice 2 minutes before each shot, round. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Seriously, my next round will be a practice 2 minutes before each shot, round. . .

That sounds dreadful. With few exceptions: practice on the practice tee, play on the golf course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/504#post_1144157"]   Seriously, my next round will be a practice 2 minutes before each shot, round. . . [/QUOTE] That sounds dreadful. With few exceptions: practice on the practice tee, play on the golf course.

Yeah, I thought a bit about this. It seems like I need more time getting used to my swing changes in a more controlled setting, and wait until they feel a bit more natural before hitting the course again. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Swing thought that worked for me today: "Unwrap arms from body." Pretty sure my over drawn clubs are from me overexaggerating my inside out swing? Drives are longer with straight draws, shot my lowest 18 hole round on the blue tees long course.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:

Drives are longer with straight draws, shot my lowest 18 hole round on the blue tees long course.

Nice work @Lihu.

Thanks, but there's a lot more work to do.

I still lose my balance sometimes, and I know I am not making optimum movements. My swing feels really "smooth and loose" sometimes, but not all the time. If I could get that ease of movement, I think I can get more consistent.

I think this is the "slot" a lot of people are talking about? Not sure, but it feels good the rare instances it happens.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I still lose my balance sometimes, and I know I am not making optimum movements. My swing feels really "smooth and loose" sometimes, but not all the time. If I could get that ease of movement, I think I can get more consistent.

I think this is the "slot" a lot of people are talking about? Not sure, but it feels good the rare instances it happens.

I can certainly relate. You know you've done something right but it's fleeting. Start over-thinking to the point of concentrating on details when the "broad strokes" are still wrong - for me anyway. Maybe when those core moves are closer to being right, the swing feels smooth, loose and easy???

As you said, there's always a lot more work to do.

Jon

Quote:

I can certainly relate. You know you've done something right but it's fleeting. Start over-thinking to the point of concentrating on details when the "broad strokes" are still wrong - for me anyway. Maybe when those core moves are closer to being right, the swing feels smooth, loose and easy???

As you said, there's always a lot more work to do.

That's what I am trying to feel again when I am practicing. If I get it I repeat.

The slow movement thing is more just to feel out if I can get into the desired positions withing the entire swing movement without any resistance or "pinch points".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!