IGNORED

I am so frustrated and want to quit golf

golftlist
Note: This thread is 2337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've never wanted to quit golf but I would have liked to have improved more than I have.

This is the first year that I've played where I played more than a round or two in a year.  I became a weekend warrior.

I showed some big improvement as I played more earlier this year and for the last three or four months, gradual improvement on my scores.  My goal when I first started this season was to shoot under 100 and, considering the first few times I went out I shot a 143, 130, 132, and 135, I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I did it five months later.  I did it again a month after that and felt some validation.

My next goal is to shoot consistently under 100 and break 90 but that will likely have to wait until next spring.  I think taking some indoor lessons and practicing some things indoors will certainly help with reaching my goal.

Have you taken any lessons.? If not, I would strongly suggest you do, it will help a bunch..in most cases.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

I've never wanted to quit golf but I would have liked to have improved more than I have.

This is the first year that I've played where I played more than a round or two in a year.  I became a weekend warrior.

I showed some big improvement as I played more earlier this year and for the last three or four months, gradual improvement on my scores.  My goal when I first started this season was to shoot under 100 and, considering the first few times I went out I shot a 143, 130, 132, and 135, I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I did it five months later.  I did it again a month after that and felt some validation.

My next goal is to shoot consistently under 100 and break 90 but that will likely have to wait until next spring.  I think taking some indoor lessons and practicing some things indoors will certainly help with reaching my goal.

Have you taken any lessons.? If not, I would strongly suggest you do, it will help a bunch..in most cases.

I posted this in another thread recently:

I've taken four lessons from three different instructors this year.

The first used video but was indoors which I wasn't a fan of because I wanted to see what the ball did.  Plus, I went into the store one day and ran into him and asked him a question about what we had discussed during my lesson and I felt like he was just pushing me into another lesson.  I can understand an instructor not wanting to give away information for free, but I like to build a rapport with someone and am more willing to keep working with them if I feel like they're not just after my money.

The second guy I took two lessons from, the first time he helped me with my grip, said not to use a baseball grip.  The second time I went to him I asked him to help me with my slice on my driver and he said to keep doing what I had been doing.  Felt like I paid him for nothing and, tbh, I had been slicing all season up to that point, so something had to be changed.

The third one I've taken one lesson from and focused more on my stance and grip.  He seems nice enough, but I don't really feel a connection with him.  Might be dumb, but I think I want that in an instructor.

I think I'm going to see about getting lessons from a friend who is a PGA instructor who uses flightscope outdoors and can record me so I can get a better idea.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Hate to say it, but you seem to have bad luck with instructors. I was lucky and found a great instructor first time, although he went on to teach a well known private club here in L.A. the second was similar to ones you described. Don't give up, things are bound to work out for you.

Hate to say it, but you seem to have bad luck with instructors. I was lucky and found a great instructor first time, although he went on to teach a well known private club here in L.A. the second was similar to ones you described. Don't give up, things are bound to work out for you.

I don't know about, "bound to," haha, but I'm not going to give up!  There's got to be someone out there for me. :)

Worst some to worst, I'll just take a trip to PA.

Christian

Have to tried getting References from golfing friends, ect..? At any rate, good luck.

Well, I'm going to do that Flightscope lesson with my friend who's an instructor (teaches college, gives lessons) and seems to know what he's talking about.  Haha.

I'm hoping at the very least, he'll help me with my swing path.

Christian

Worst comes to worst, I'll just take a trip to PA.

And it would be worth every penny of it. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Worst comes to worst, I'll just take a trip to PA.

And it would be worth every penny of it.

You've been?

Christian

You've been?

Not exactly, but I have worked with Mike (MVMAC). The 5SK has helped me tremendously.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

You've been?

Not exactly, but I have worked with Mike (MVMAC). The 5SK has helped me tremendously.

Evolvr?

Christian

Evolvr?

Not exactly, I did face to face lessons.

However, I got videos and review from Mike so that I could "re-live" the lesson. It really helps to be able to review things after the lesson is over. I am convinced that Evolvr would work for me, and might start it sometime.

If you live close enough to get there, consider yourself lucky. Watch the 5SK videos, it looks like a pretty nice facility.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:

Evolvr?

Not exactly, I did face to face lessons.

However, I got videos and review from Mike so that I could "re-live" the lesson. It really helps to be able to review things after the lesson is over. I am convinced that Evolvr would work for me, and might start it sometime.

If you live close enough to get there, consider yourself lucky. Watch the 5SK videos, it looks like a pretty nice facility.

Five an a half hours away.  Haha

Christian

Five an a half hours away.  Haha

That is a long drive, where in NY do you live?

Maybe, Evolvr? I would need to try it to recommend it.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/71085/i-am-so-frustrated-and-want-to-quit-golf/18#post_921897"]   Five an a half hours away.  Haha [/QUOTE] That is a long drive, where in NY do you live?

Albany. Moved here from NYC in February.

Christian

Albany. Moved here from NYC in February.

I see, it's all the way across NY state. :surrender:

Admittedly, before I had my first meeting with Mike, I was a bit skeptical. A long trip like that is pretty hard to justify. I was having difficulty even justifying 150 miles.

At this point, if I needed to go to San Diego, I would. Lucky for me Mike makes occasional trips closer to my area.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/71085/i-am-so-frustrated-and-want-to-quit-golf/18#post_921902"] Albany. Moved here from NYC in February.[/QUOTE] I see, it's all the way across NY state. :surrender: Admittedly, before I had my first meeting with Mike, I was a bit skeptical. A long trip like that is pretty hard to justify. I was having difficulty even justifying 150 miles. At this point, if I needed to go to San Diego, I would. Lucky for me Mike makes occasional trips closer to my area.

Yeah, would certainly have to make a weekend out of it. Would just be disappointed if it weren't all I'd hope for it to be. Not that I'd expect to all of a sudden be a scratch golfer but I'd probably want to see some immediate results and some improvement on the course shortly thereafter. Where's your area?

Christian

Yeah, would certainly have to make a weekend out of it. Would just be disappointed if it weren't all I'd hope for it to be. Not that I'd expect to all of a sudden be a scratch golfer but I'd probably want to see some immediate results and some improvement on the course shortly thereafter. Where's your area?

These guys are good, I can at least vouch for that. I live in the greater Los Angeles area.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!