IGNORED

2014 Humana Challenge- Inside the Ropes Pics and Player swing videos

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's OK. Gary Player likes Gary Player enough for the both of you.

I'll add some love along with Gary haha.

I think he's incredibly interesting to listen to. Very intelligent.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Say what you will about GP, he made some sense when talking about keeping the weight down/losing it. Eat half as much, walk. It sounds like crazy homespun advice, but I'd agree with him.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anybody see the slo-mos of Reeds drives?  He has the same weird move as Bubba Watson where his front foot comes off the ground and rotates around 8 or 12 inches.

But, boy, is that dude on fire!  His current caddy is really ugly tho ... bummer.

Anybody see the slo-mos of Reeds drives?  He has the same weird move as Bubba Watson where his front foot comes off the ground and rotates around 8 or 12 inches.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I went a little loco w/my camera - here's a bunch of slow mo vids from La Quinta today. I mistakenly posted this in the Rickie Fowler thread. At the risk of duplication: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcIepsGiAiWM6oqhXGSkNJVM8odGVQUO6

Steve

If you think he's fat, then your perception is way off.  Everyone knows that Gary Player is a work out fanatic. He was one of the pioneers in golf when it comes to working out and doing golf specific exercises.

Gary is active and looks good for his age but has wacky work out routines and his dietary recommendations are marginal at best. I think he's over hyped but he is healthy. He does have belly fat too but at that age it's inevitable. I hope Reed brought his sun tan oil today.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

If you think he's fat, then your perception is way off.

Everyone knows that Gary Player is a work out fanatic. He was one of the pioneers in golf when it comes to working out and doing golf specific exercises.

Gary is active and looks good for his age but has wacky work out routines and his dietary recommendations are marginal at best.

I think he's over hyped but he is healthy. He does have belly fat too but at that age it's inevitable.

I hope Reed brought his sun tan oil today.

Totally agree...Player is just fit compared to most golfers his age (or in general). They showed a clip of him doing his wacky workouts and he was doing crunches...by far the least effective workout ever. Good for him for staying motivated, but his workouts are more than dated.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that would be the one, thanks! Pretty interesting move.

Really like the way his left knee works, inward and downward, keeps his hips cranking back.

Gary is active and looks good for his age but has wacky work out routines and his dietary recommendations are marginal at best.

I think he's over hyped but he is healthy. He does have belly fat too but at that age it's inevitable.

I hope Reed brought his sun tan oil today.

Yeah I heard him say to lose weight, "walk and eat half of what you eat now".  Not a great two point plan from a health enthusiast IMO.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Patrick Reed WITB – Humana

Big Bertha Alpha Driver (9°) – Fujikura Fuel 85x Shaft

Big Bertha Fairway Wood (16°) – Mitsubishi Ahina 80x Shaft

X Forged ’13 Irons (3-4) - Dynamic Gold shafts

RAZR X Muscleback Irons (5-PW)  - Dynamic Gold shafts

Mack Daddy 2 Wedges (50°, 56°, 60°)

Odyssey Metal-X Milled #6 Putter

An SR 3 Golf Ball

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!