IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2014

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish Yahoo would release a mobile app for Fantasy Golf. They have one for football. Maybe it's on their roadmap.

+1 to this. That would be way easier!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The downside to being proactive and setting your line-up on Monday - Not realizing until today that Justin Rose withdrew... Luckily he was only on my bench. What a wimp! :whistle:

In the Bag:

• Administrator

Tiger off to a poor start..

Eight pars, a birdie, and a double. He started on 10.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eight pars, a birdie, and a double. He started on 10.

And another birdie just now. Back to even.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Sweet. I just looked at the Yahoo Fantasy page and saw that he was over par. Happy that he's back to even.. I picked him.

+2 with one hole to play. T64. Not great on a day with LCP.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some of you guys should be playing DFS Golf on something like DraftStreet or DraftKings. I've been crushing NBA on FanDuel, but looking at some of the picks being thrown out.. I may need to transfer action and sponsor someone...

Crap! I was transitioning to a new job this week and was very busy... meaning I forgot to change my lineup from last week :doh:

In the Bag:

So I have Patrick Reed as my bench this weekend....should I probably throw him in there for Adam Scott? Reed is not always the greatest on Sundays but I have a pretty good feeling he'll at least finish out top 3.

If you don't know, he's got a 2 stroke lead going into tomorrow.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I would use the start for the probability of him getting into the bonus points.

Plus, Adam isn't having a very good tournament.  T-21st.

You would be leaving points on the bench if Reed plays better than Scott.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

So I have Patrick Reed as my bench this weekend....should I probably throw him in there for Adam Scott? Reed is not always the greatest on Sundays but I have a pretty good feeling he'll at least finish out top 3.

If you don't know, he's got a 2 stroke lead going into tomorrow.

hard to say, if reed doesn't finish in the top three and scott has a better round, then no.

one time it was either last year or the year before, i kept sergio on the bench because i felt he was out of contention, he ended shooting a low 60 number and finished in the top three.

• 2 weeks later...

a typical day in the life of a yahoo fantasy golf player...

so i set my lineup a day early, for fear that i may wait too late and not set a lineup at all. the dilemma: do i tweak, or don't i tweak. last week, i tweaked up until the final second, in fact, i was one tweak too late as i missed out on putting luke donald in my lineup, who ended up with a high finish. this week, i said, lets just leave the lineup alone. this is gonna be rickie fowler's week. a high finish in last year's api coupled with his work with butch harmon, he's going to break out. forget about this adam scott and patrick reed combination dancing through my head. i've been burned before by these 'hunches'.

scott beats fowler by 11 strokes and shoots the course record...i end up with a grand total of 4 points for the day. way to stick to your guns, yahoo fantasy golf player :pound: .

Its a lot like playing golf. Sometimes you get some bad breaks. I took a little chance with Summerhays this week on my bench hoping he may have a surprise week but figured Bubba would be a solid pick. Hard to see a WD coming, and Summerhays didn't cut it either.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!