IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thank you ya i thought about that. it sat in my back seat for about 3 hours before i used it and now its sitting there again haha. did ok at the putting green but it was so fast and such a big hill it was just frustrating to putt on lol

Are there no relatively flat areas on the practice green?

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are there no relatively flat areas on the practice green?

no. i never come to this course but it was closest. lesson learned lol

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

so ok i have a question for everyone. the last 2 rounds i have par'd out the firs 5 holes, then comes a triple bogey. has anyone else had this issue? i am thinking i am just getting over excited and speeding up my tempo, or else my body can only do good for so long and then gives in haha. but I'm thinking tempo. just curious if anyone has had this issue.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

9/18 is the most i've ever had. i think last round i had 7 and that was the most i've ever had. before that i had a few 6's and mostly 5 GIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

:-D That's okay. I was just curious. Ya'll make me feel bad most of the time when talking about GIRs. Not a strong point of my game (regrettably).

I'm with you,

With that many GIR's, that's more than I normally hit and yet I would score 8-10 shots better, odd.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS256

That's okay. I was just curious. Ya'll make me feel bad most of the time when talking about GIRs. Not a strong point of my game (regrettably).

I'm with you,

With that many GIR's, that's more than I normally hit and yet I would score 8-10 shots better, odd.

i had 41 putts that round :pound: 6 three putts… 1 three put was a par on a par 5, but still. I'm missing 5-10ft putts almost 90% of the time.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

so ok i have a question for everyone. the last 2 rounds i have par'd out the firs 5 holes, then comes a triple bogey. has anyone else had this issue? i am thinking i am just getting over excited and speeding up my tempo, or else my body can only do good for so long and then gives in haha. but I'm thinking tempo. just curious if anyone has had this issue.

I guess it depends on what type of triple bogey we're talking about.  I suspect it's, by and large, full swing issues?  If not ... and you're just chili-dipping pitches and leaving balls in the bunker and three-putting, then, by all means, get to work on your short game.

But if it is the full swing then I think this has already been asked and answered.  You have flaws in your swing.  Sometimes your compensations and timing lines up well for a hole or two or 10, and other times it doesn't.  You falsely allow yourself to believe that the guy who makes the 5 pars in a row is the golfer that you are.  No big deal ... I do the same thing.  Every time I hit a pure shot, I think "well, that was easy ... I should be doing this every time."  But it's still not because I have a perfect swing.  If we want to improve, we have to be honest with ourselves.  Our swings are flawed and that is the main reason why we make bogeys, doubles and triples.  We need to improve the swing to start mitigating all of the damage.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but if you don't take the advice given to you by instructors, and practice it (hard and correctly) then you are forever going to be beating your head against the wall.

I guess it depends on what type of triple bogey we're talking about.  I suspect it's, by and large, full swing issues?  If not ... and you're just chili-dipping pitches and leaving balls in the bunker and three-putting, then, by all means, get to work on your short game.

But if it is the full swing then I think this has already been asked and answered.  You have flaws in your swing.  Sometimes your compensations and timing lines up well for a hole or two or 10, and other times it doesn't.  You falsely allow yourself to believe that the guy who makes the 5 pars in a row is the golfer that you are.  No big deal ... I do the same thing.  Every time I hit a pure shot, I think "well, that was easy ... I should be doing this every time."  But it's still not because I have a perfect swing.  If we want to improve, we have to be honest with ourselves.  Our swings are flawed and that is the main reason why we make bogeys, doubles and triples.  We need to improve the swing to start mitigating all of the damage.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but if you don't take the advice given to you by instructors, and practice it (hard and correctly) then you are forever going to be beating your head against the wall.

ya true. ln the 6th holes yesterday i bladed a 6 iron into the water short of the green (par 3) took my drop. pitched it and 3 putted. i guess i'll just take notes on my rounds and in a couple weeks review everything and check back on tips given here and use those tips to get it figured out

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya true. ln the 6th holes yesterday i bladed a 6 iron into the water short of the green (par 3) took my drop. pitched it and 3 putted. i guess i'll just take notes on my rounds and in a couple weeks review everything and check back on tips given here and use those tips to get it figured out

Taking notes is a good idea.  I use golfshot ... its a free app for the iphone ... and enter my score after the round.  It'll compile your stats and make it easier to see where you lose the most strokes.

And its pretty obvious from a few of your previous posts that you need to work on putting.  Seven 3-putts is ... umm ... not good. :-P

So after a bad hole does your whole round go straight downhill? A book I read "The Unstoppable Golfer" By Dr. Bob Rotella would aways say after a round to reflect on your good shots you have (not saying this helps)... but don't over think and good shots will come.

In my :cobra: Bio Bag ~Tyler Westra~
:cobra: Bio Cell Driver 10.5 Draw/Stiff
:cobra: S3 E9 face technology Irons 5-GW/Regular
:cobra: Amp Cell 3-4 Hybrid/Stiff
:mizuno: MP-T4 Wedges 55, 62
:scotty_cameron: Del Mar (With two 20g weights) Cut about 34 in. (SuperStroke Grip 5.0)
:bushnell: Tournament series Pro 1600 Rangefinder
Puma Shoes (Red&Black) (Red&White) (Size 11)

• Administrator

No. I would say that you reverted to the mean.

I suspect it's, by and large, full swing issues?

But if it is the full swing then I think this has already been asked and answered.  You have flaws in your swing.

Yup.

Sometimes your compensations and timing lines up well for a hole or two or 10, and other times it doesn't.  You falsely allow yourself to believe that the guy who makes the 5 pars in a row is the golfer that you are.  No big deal ... I do the same thing.  Every time I hit a pure shot, I think "well, that was easy ... I should be doing this every time."  But it's still not because I have a perfect swing.  If we want to improve, we have to be honest with ourselves.  Our swings are flawed and that is the main reason why we make bogeys, doubles and triples.  We need to improve the swing to start mitigating all of the damage.

Yes. The good shots are the anomalies when your handicap is north of single digits.

And forever blaming stuff like "tempo" for your poor golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The penny might drop eventually.....

Kyle, I really think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate.

You are getting plenty of hints and tips from people who you should be taking advice from (not me), but I have yet to see you follow through with any intent on a good tip you have received from them, it seems you are jumping from one round to another and looking for the magic, quick fix, cure.

You seem like a decent guy, but can you not see that some people, who you really would benefit from you listening to are losing/have lost patience.

It's probably down to over enthusiasm (and that is kinda understandable) on your part, but it's time to slow down and get back to basics! (that time was probably 2 weeks ago to be fair)

You are destined to remain at the same level for a long time if you keep looking for a quick fix after every round.

• Upvote 1

Taking notes is a good idea.  I use golfshot ... its a free app for the iphone ... and enter my score after the round.  It'll compile your stats and make it easier to see where you lose the most strokes.

And its pretty obvious from a few of your previous posts that you need to work on putting.  Seven 3-putts is ... umm ... not good.

ya i use golf logix for my stats to keep track of where I'm messing up lol

So after a bad hole does your whole round go straight downhill? A book I read "The Unstoppable Golfer" By Dr. Bob Rotella would aways say after a round to reflect on your good shots you have (not saying this helps)... but don't over think and good shots will come.

no it doesn't go straight downhill. it doesn't come back fully tho. i start getting nervous over putts when they are for birdies and pars after a bad hole

The penny might drop eventually.....

Kyle, I really think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate.

You are getting plenty of hints and tips from people who you should be taking advice from (not me), but I have yet to see you follow through with any intent on a good tip you have received from them, it seems you are jumping from one round to another and looking for the magic, quick fix, cure.

You seem like a decent guy, but can you not see that some people, who you really would benefit from you listening to are losing/have lost patience.

It's probably down to over enthusiasm (and that is kinda understandable) on your part, but it's time to slow down and get back to basics! (that time was probably 2 weeks ago to be fair)

You are destined to remain at the same level for a long time if you keep looking for a quick fix after every round.

ya i tend to be very optimistic at times and @mvmac gave me advice to keep my head still and that helped me a lot with consistency. @iacas mention and sent me a thread on deeper hands. I'm trying that with my drive a lot because my normal AoA is so steep with my new shaft the ball flight is way low. so i've been working on deeper hands to help get higher ball flight and it has been working. those are the 2 tips that have helped me immediately that i am also pursuing to get better with. i think those will be what i focus on and then as i get consistent with those i'll start working on other improvements. i don't understand why someone would lose patience with me though. i come on here to bounce ideas off people. i take some tips and they help me out. i do have more than one issue with my swing, but i know i'll get overwhelmed with focusing on too much. i already have a tendency to do this =/

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

So here is what i will be focusing on for the month of February

Distance Control (putting)

Head Still

Deeper Hands (with driver)

• Upvote 1

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya i tend to be very optimistic at times and @mvmac gave me advice to keep my head still and that helped me a lot with consistency. @iacas mention and sent me a thread on deeper hands. I'm trying that with my drive a lot because my normal AoA is so steep with my new shaft the ball flight is way low. so i've been working on deeper hands to help get higher ball flight and it has been working. those are the 2 tips that have helped me immediately that i am also pursuing to get better with. i think those will be what i focus on and then as i get consistent with those i'll start working on other improvements. i don't understand why someone would lose patience with me though. i come on here to bounce ideas off people. i take some tips and they help me out. i do have more than one issue with my swing, but i know i'll get overwhelmed with focusing on too much. i already have a tendency to do this =/

I completely get where you are coming from... I have a very similar personality, but seriously....SLOW DOWN MAN

In fact, reading this thread and your swing thread has helped me so much....in the sense that when I read them I say, "he's a bit like you, he's nut's, try not to be like him"

Harsh, but true.

There are plenty of golfing emails that you can subscribe to, they'll send you a different "tip" each day... maybe you should sign up to several of them if you want to select some tips and see if they help you or not.....

Or maybe you could listen to the experts.... nah, that's not a quick enough fix.

The concept of this thread is symbolic of your problems....too much, too soon, the quick route is the only route.

Sorry man, you're a nice guy but I'm out.

Edit:

Just seeing your post above.... that's what a lot of people want to see

I'm back in again :dance:

And I genuinely would be happy to see big improvements.

And its pretty obvious from a few of your previous posts that you need to work on putting.  Seven 3-putts is ... umm ... not good. :-P

The 3-putts don't quite tell all the story, although the 87 is better, the over 100 at times is perplexing as someone who can hit 9 of 18 greens and then can shoot a 100. Not trying to be trite, but it is just odd. Kyle- what ephinay did your have that you wanted to be a scratch golfer? And why did you think you could make it? Just curious? I'll be fifty this year, and wish I had the time and energy to get that low again.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
ya i tend to be very optimistic at times and @mvmac gave me advice to keep my head still and that helped me a lot with consistency. @iacas mention and sent me a thread on deeper hands. I'm trying that

How? You can't just "try" something. Especially just "keeping your head steady" (nobody says "still") and you can't just "try" deeper hands.

so i've been working on deeper hands to help get higher ball flight and it has been working. those are the 2 tips that have helped me immediately that i am also pursuing to get better with.

Deeper hands will likely help with that, but that's not the main reason why I recommended that to you. Since this isn't your My Swing thread, I'm trying to keep this related more to the "operation" you built here - and you still aren't really working on anything. "Trying" stuff without knowing HOW to do it is going to get you nowhere.

Also, if I was wagering, I'd imagine your swing looks almost identical to what it did a few months ago.

i don't understand why someone would lose patience with me though.

I do. I'll admit to having lost patience a few times (for a few days), particularly when you went off about my posts being "rude" and suggested I put myself in the Penalty Box.

You get good advice - advice people often pay to get - and you blow it off by constantly hopping from tip to tip.

Distance Control (putting)

How will you be focusing on this?

Head Still

How will you be focusing on this? And it's "steady."

Deeper Hands (with driver)

How will you be focusing on this? Also, this is for ALL CLUBS. Not just the driver.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How? You can't just "try" something. Especially just "keeping your head steady" (nobody says "still") and you can't just "try" deeper hands. Deeper hands will likely help with that, but that's not the main reason why I recommended that to you. Since this isn't your My Swing thread, I'm trying to keep this related more to the "operation" you built here - and you still aren't really working on anything. "Trying" stuff without knowing HOW to do it is going to get you nowhere. Also, if I was wagering, I'd imagine your swing looks almost identical to what it did a few months ago.   I do. I'll admit to having lost patience a few times (for a few days), particularly when you went off about my posts being "rude" and suggested I put myself in the Penalty Box. You get good advice - advice people often pay to get - and you blow it off by constantly hopping from tip to tip. How will you be focusing on this? How will you be focusing on this? And it's "steady." How will you be focusing on this? Also, this is for ALL CLUBS. Not just the driver.

I'm going to practice lag putting so that I don't leave myself more than 3 feet away to eliminate 3 putts The feeling I get from trying to keep my head still has helped me make better contact and I have been hitting it better so I think it's helping I'm trying deeper hands on my driver because it helps my ball flight with the driver and it's easier to learn when teed up so I wanna get the feeling down then transfer the movement over to my iron game

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!