IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes. Changes take lots of time. If the lessons or drills "stop working" it's because you've stopped doing them properly, not because you don't need to do them anymore.

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/630#post_964977"] Just a word of caution. Feels can change from day to day. Especially with swing changing drills you got to be patient with them. If you find you are not getting the same results as before, then post a video of your self doing the drill and you can get some feedback.  Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing that handicap drop.  [/quote] Thank you ya I was checking my club face throughout the backswing and doing everything pretty slow. Mike mentioned to me to post up the drills if I'm having any issues or wanna show progress

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Yes. Changes take lots of time. If the lessons or drills "stop working" it's because you've stopped doing them properly, not because you don't need to do them anymore.

Great minds..... ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"When you play, you just play....." Took me a while (and a point and a half on my index) to understand that. The swing changes will slowly creep in to your playing and you'll barely even notice the improvements.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

"When you play, you just play....."

Took me a while (and a point and a half on my index) to understand that. The swing changes will slowly creep in to your playing and you'll barely even notice the improvements.

And even if you're a guy that doesn't go to the range much, you can still do the slow swings at home. Anything helps. Like that thread says, make it slow and make it specific.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So I just played 45 hikes the first 27 were all that we scored. I shot a 41-45-49. I hit 6 fairways and 7 greens and 47 putts for the 27 holes. Had some really good shots. But most started straight and went left. I'll post more on that topic on my swing thread

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

went to the range today and hit a jumbo bucket. i worked on rotating more and it really helped. also i worked on hitting a controlled fade and that went better than i could imagine. 2 out of 20 didn't cut enough to be right on target but 16 landed within 20 feet of my target. i was pretty excited. 2 cut too much but all in all it was a GREAT day. my draws started right and came back how i wanted about 80% of the time some didn't curve back enough and some didn't start right enough so went too far left. later in the session i was getting tired so i started not swinging as hard and that actually helped me make better contract and get the ball started right and coming back on target. i will upload videos later tonight on my swing page. i can't thank mike enough for my lesson. i never thought i could learn so much in an hour

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I hit 250 balls yesterday, aside from about 30-35 being chips and pitches, and 20 with 3 wood and driver, all were mostly 9i, 7i and 4i swung anywhere from 30% to 60% max, and I would say 75% of those were at 50%. I hit my 9i consistently at my target and distance, same with my other irons. And yep, I had to Force myself not to go back to my old ways, so even after almost 5 months, my practice is still a work in progress, slower yields better shots and ingrains the correct moves.

Good to see your doing better Kyle, keep at it.

I hit 250 balls yesterday, aside from about 30-35 being chips and pitches, and 20 with 3 wood and driver, all were mostly 9i, 7i and 4i swung anywhere from 30% to 60% max, and I would say 75% of those were at 50%. I hit my 9i consistently at my target and distance, same with my other irons. And yep, I had to Force myself not to go back to my old ways, so even after almost 5 months, my practice is still a work in progress, slower yields better shots and ingrains the correct moves.

Good to see your doing better Kyle, keep at it.

thank you. ya I'm playing at diamond valley tomorrow and I'm going to focus more on target and not distance. so i may come up short on a couple greens but oh well good practice

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

thank you. ya I'm playing at diamond valley tomorrow and I'm going to focus more on target and not distance. so i may come up short on a couple greens but oh well good practice

I'm curious, what do you mean by that?

In David's bag....

I'm curious, what do you mean by that?

well i tend to force shots when i play. like i hit my 6 iron 180 and i feel like i need to hit it hard to get there. i really don't but in my head i think i do. so I'm going to focus on the ball ending on target and if its a little short i don't care. so i guess i won't be focusing on score as much as my shots being the ball flight i want.just taking a nice easy swing

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

well i tend to force shots when i play. like i hit my 6 iron 180 and i feel like i need to hit it hard to get there. i really don't but in my head i think i do. so I'm going to focus on the ball ending on target and if its a little short i don't care. so i guess i won't be focusing on score as much as my shots being the ball flight i want.just taking a nice easy swing

Or just take 5 iron instead of 6 and make that same swing..... ;-)

In David's bag....

[QUOTE name="KyleAnthony" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/648#post_966881"]   well i tend to force shots when i play. like i hit my 6 iron 180 and i feel like i need to hit it hard to get there. i really don't but in my head i think i do. so I'm going to focus on the ball ending on target and if its a little short i don't care. so i guess i won't be focusing on score as much as my shots being the ball flight i want.just taking a nice easy swing [/QUOTE] Or just take 5 iron instead of 6 and make that same swing.....  ;-)

I was going to ask why he wouldn't do that. My son hit his 6i 180 a couple times, and kept assuming he could always do it. Once he realized that his 5i was better for this distance and all other clubs accordingly, his scores just plummeted. Maybe next year he can hit one or two clubs down, but if he clubs up for now it's much easier on his game.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

well i got beat up today at diamond valley. my buddy thought we should walk it and i agreed for the extra exercise. well we were wrong. i was so tired by the 14th hole i could barely swing my club haha. any who i shot a 93 i hit 7/14 fairways 4/18 greens and 36 putts with 3 penalty strokes. not my best day, but i hit some great shots so i think i'll take the good out of the round and work on the bad at the range. my chipping was pretty good though today haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I was going to ask why he wouldn't do that. My son hit his 6i 180 a couple times, and kept assuming he could always do it. Once he realized that his 5i was better for this distance and all other clubs accordingly, his scores just plummeted.

Maybe next year he can hit one or two clubs down, but if he clubs up for now it's much easier on his game.

It's easy to get sucked into that. The other day I hit my 8 iron 155 yards, way over the green :doh: and immediately suckered myself into thinking that was my new 8 iron distance. Took a few holes for me to smarten up. My stock 8 iron is usually around 140-145. I'm sure I'll get better distance as my technique improves but it won't magically jump 15-20 yards overnight.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

well i got beat up today at diamond valley. my buddy thought we should walk it and i agreed for the extra exercise. well we were wrong. i was so tired by the 14th hole i could barely swing my club haha. any who i shot a 93 i hit 7/14 fairways 4/18 greens and 36 putts with 3 penalty strokes. not my best day, but i hit some great shots so i think i'll take the good out of the round and work on the bad at the range. my chipping was pretty good though today haha

I know how you feel. . . ;-) Good job on the rest of the round, though.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

It's easy to get sucked into that. The other day I hit my 8 iron 155 yards, way over the green and immediately suckered myself into thinking that was my new 8 iron distance. Took a few holes for me to smarten up. My stock 8 iron is usually around 140-145. I'm sure I'll get better distance as my technique improves but it won't magically jump 15-20 yards overnight.

On the flip side, you could also easily over hit a green too. I don't really know which is worse.

The other thing is your improved technique could be gaining you some distance. Maybe just not 20 yards yet.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What I was trying to get at with hitting harder is I hit about the same whether I swing hard or easy. I just need to except coming up short if that happens

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

On the flip side, you could also easily over hit a green too. I don't really know which is worse.

I think this one's easy.  It's worse to come up short 9/10 times than to go long 1/10 times.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!