IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the range. Nothing went right. Contemplating selling the dang clubs. Might take awhile off

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

• Administrator
Went to the range. Nothing went right. Contemplating selling the dang clubs. Might take awhile off

Where's the video?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stick with doing the drills. Remember it's not a mystery why things could be going wrong, you KNOW what to do. Review one of the videos I sent you.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Dude, things really can't go bad at the range unless you don't know what you are working on. The results of your swings on the range don't really mean shit... If you are doing the drills that you know you need to do, and you are doing them correctly then you are changing the picture. That's what you want to be doing. Things are going to feel weird when you make changes and that's going to lead to shots that aren't so pretty. Don't worry about them. Stick to the drills and you'll be fine.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Where's the video?

it was a spur of the moment thing. Didn't take video. I will tomorrow tho [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/690#post_976806"] Stick with doing the drills. Remember it's not a mystery why things could be going wrong, you KNOW what to do. Review one of the videos I sent you. [/quote] ya I was doing the drills and I could only hit pushes. Push fades. And straight draws. No push draws at all. Not even one it really got to me [quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/690#post_976808"]Dude, things really can't go bad at the range unless you don't know what you are working on. The results of your swings on the range don't really mean shit... If you are doing the drills that you know you need to do, and you are doing them correctly then you are changing the picture. That's what you want to be doing. Things are going to feel weird when you make changes and that's going to lead to shots that aren't so pretty. Don't worry about them. Stick to the drills and you'll be fine. [/quote] it really got to me to have no success after a terrible round Friday. Everything is just building up

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

it was a spur of the moment thing. Didn't take video. I will tomorrow tho

ya I was doing the drills and I could only hit pushes. Push fades. And straight draws. No push draws at all. Not even one it really got to me

it really got to me to have no success after a terrible round Friday. Everything is just building up

Without the video you can't be sure that you were doing the drills right... Hard to check what you are doing if you can't see it. If I was you, I'd go back and review your lesson from Mike and really work on those things, and ONLY those things. I know that it can be easy to get sidetracked and all of a sudden you are working on something different. Resist the temptation to do that as in the long run it will only slow your progress. If possible, keep your camera in your bag, or get one of those Proto Sport holsters for your iPhone so you can just attach your phone to an alignment stick, that way even if you practice "spur of the moment" you'll still be prepared. My camera and tripod are always in my bag so I can take video when at the range.

Quick question... did you work on the posture thing at all? I know that in your My Swing thread it was pointed out that it got all out of whack, so if you were doing your drills but starting from that position, it's not really going to help you out. Get that posture issue fixed and then get back to Mike's lesson.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I know that it can be frustrating, but come on!! You are barely one month removed from your lesson with Mike? I have been working on key#1 for the past 3months and soon it will be 4 months.. Hitting push draws now as opposed to hitting straight fades or pull fades is going from one extreme to another, do you see what I mean? Changinging the picture and making it stick will take a lot of effort and not just on the range, but at home (actually most of my picture changing is at home)! It is interesting that you have gotten the most attention I have seen from anyone on this site since you joined and getting frustrated is part of the journey! So suck it up, and just #%^% do as Mike instructed damn it!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

ya I was doing the drills and I could only hit pushes. Push fades. And straight draws. No push draws at all. Not even one it really got to me=

Again, review your video, everything you need to know is there. You might feel like you're doing it enough but you probably need to do it more.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I might be interested in the X-Forged.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Out.-@ @KyleAnthony you have been coddled and treated with kid gloves since you signed up.Im done and I think youve reached your last straw with others too. I wont be rude to you but I kind of hope someone is as you deserve it.-YOu are always gonna shoot in the 90s and maybe 80s because of the six inches between yer ears-And I dont mean it like Bobby Jones said it, I mean it because you never listen and dont do what youre told. I'd fire you as a client because I wouldn't want you out there telling people you took lessons from me.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Have you learnt nothing from your time on here and lessons with Mike?...

Henry

it was a spur of the moment thing. Didn't take video. I will tomorrow tho ya I was doing the drills and I could only hit pushes. Push fades. And straight draws. No push draws at all. Not even one it really got to me it really got to me to have no success after a terrible round Friday. Everything is just building up

Kyle, I've been though exactly as you have been describing 4 months ago. I went back to see Mike and Dana twice before getting the idea that following the keys allows me to slow down before I could see real improvement without them being right next to me. Two times, right after their lessons, I was hitting really well. Then two times, I degraded as I drifted back to my old habits. Then reviewing the lessons 4 months ago, I decided to follow the keys in slow motion. The reason the keys fpwork well for me is that I can consciously think about doing them in slow motion. Almost like doing Tai Chi. Really slow. You can watch my last lesson with Mike on my swing thread for my wrist refinements. My progress has been really slow, but the thing that makes me know I am improving is not the distance I hit or if I can shape the ball well. It's simply the fact that the swing feels good when I do it. My scores have not dropped, but I assure you that I am making close to GIR or GIR much more. There are other things like putting and chipping that are holding me back from the single digits, and if I practiced them once or twice a week I know I could improve several strokes per round. However, I want to challenge myself to get GIR and get my drives and approach shots much more accurate and controlled. I have the time, I'm not on a team and I don't have anything to prove to anyone. So, frankly, I don't care about my score but I am still in the 17-18 handicap range. I devote all my practice time >98% to full swing. Why? Because it feels good. To be honest, many of us are a little bit jealous of the attention from the instructors that you are getting. I for one, would probably be in the single digits with this much instruction. Not really :-P but not far from it.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

“It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.” - Anonymous
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Out.-@ @KyleAnthony you have been coddled and treated with kid gloves since you signed up.Im done and I think youve reached your last straw with others too. I wont be rude to you but I kind of hope someone is as you deserve it.-YOu are always gonna shoot in the 90s and maybe 80s because of the six inches between yer ears-And I dont mean it like Bobby Jones said it, I mean it because you never listen and dont do what youre told. I'd fire you as a client because I wouldn't want you out there telling people you took lessons from me.

[quote name="Phil McGleno" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/702#post_976958"]“It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.” - Anonymous[/quote] Sigh. It's not an impossible task to make single digits in 2014, but only if you figure things out yourself. The instructors can only guide you so far. I went through three instructors before finally getting it. Now, I get to play with my new toy. Until I get tired of it and want to score better. :-) I should be "the warning to others", but also a light that it is possible to get good (enough). ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Without the video you can't be sure that you were doing the drills right... Hard to check what you are doing if you can't see it. If I was you, I'd go back and review your lesson from Mike and really work on those things, and ONLY those things. I know that it can be easy to get sidetracked and all of a sudden you are working on something different. Resist the temptation to do that as in the long run it will only slow your progress. If possible, keep your camera in your bag, or get one of those Proto Sport holsters for your iPhone so you can just attach your phone to an alignment stick, that way even if you practice "spur of the moment" you'll still be prepared. My camera and tripod are always in my bag so I can take video when at the range.

Quick question... did you work on the posture thing at all? I know that in your My Swing thread it was pointed out that it got all out of whack, so if you were doing your drills but starting from that position, it's not really going to help you out. Get that posture issue fixed and then get back to Mike's lesson.

ya i should take my camera every time with me. i was going to go to the range today but its crazy windy today so i'll be there tomorrow before my round. i will post a video of my drills so maybe i can find out what I'm doing wrong. also ya the posture thing was something i wanted to try out last time because i thought it was a step in the right direction, but since finding out it isn't I'm back to my more relaxed posture

I know that it can be frustrating, but come on!! You are barely one month removed from your lesson with Mike?

I have been working on key#1 for the past 3months and soon it will be 4 months.. Hitting push draws now as opposed to hitting straight fades or pull fades is going from one extreme to another, do you see what I mean? Changinging the picture and making it stick will take a lot of effort and not just on the range, but at home (actually most of my picture changing is at home)!

It is interesting that you have gotten the most attention I have seen from anyone on this site since you joined and getting frustrated is part of the journey! So suck it up, and just #%^% do as Mike instructed damn it!

haha ya i understand. i think the part that really got to me was friday was a terrible round for me. and it was out of the ordinary so i figured it was just a bad round, but when i went to the range and did the same thing it freaked me out. i was so happy with how my drills were going and my irons were not really "on" but my driver and 3 wood were great 80% of the time off the tee. otherwise it was a slight push. i think the immediate success and then fall off is what made it worse. lol

Again, review your video, everything you need to know is there. You might feel like you're doing it enough but you probably need to do it more.

ya i think i will watch it literally every time i swing my club. range, round, or practice in the mirror

Kyle, I've been though exactly as you have been describing 4 months ago. I went back to see Mike and Dana twice before getting the idea that following the keys allows me to slow down before I could see real improvement without them being right next to me.

Two times, right after their lessons, I was hitting really well. Then two times, I degraded as I drifted back to my old habits. Then reviewing the lessons 4 months ago, I decided to follow the keys in slow motion. The reason the keys fpwork well for me is that I can consciously think about doing them in slow motion. Almost like doing Tai Chi. Really slow. You can watch my last lesson with Mike on my swing thread for my wrist refinements.

My progress has been really slow, but the thing that makes me know I am improving is not the distance I hit or if I can shape the ball well. It's simply the fact that the swing feels good when I do it. My scores have not dropped, but I assure you that I am making close to GIR or GIR much more. There are other things like putting and chipping that are holding me back from the single digits, and if I practiced them once or twice a week I know I could improve several strokes per round. However, I want to challenge myself to get GIR and get my drives and approach shots much more accurate and controlled. I have the time, I'm not on a team and I don't have anything to prove to anyone. So, frankly, I don't care about my score but I am still in the 17-18 handicap range. I devote all my practice time >98% to full swing. Why? Because it feels good.

To be honest, many of us are a little bit jealous of the attention from the instructors that you are getting. I for one, would probably be in the single digits with this much instruction. Not really but not far from it.

ya i have noticed in my videos i took last time (which wouldn't load on my computer) they were a little fast. maybe if i do it EXTREMELY slow it will be at the right speed. when you practice slow does it feel like you're doing it slower than you actually are? i think i will head to your my swing page to check it out. haha and ya i did noticed a bunch of posts on my thread over a few others haha. i guess I'm just "that guy" whether its good or bad haha. and my round two fridays ago was great i shot an 85 from the back tees which was a 9 differential which took my handicap from 11.8 to 11.3 so that was cool haha

“It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.”

- Anonymous

it could be haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator

Simply put, you need to find a way to make practicing properly enjoyable.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ya i have noticed in my videos i took last time (which wouldn't load on my computer) they were a little fast. maybe if i do it EXTREMELY slow it will be at the right speed. when you practice slow does it feel like you're doing it slower than you actually are? i think i will head to your my swing page to check it out. haha and ya i did noticed a bunch of posts on my thread over a few others haha. i guess I'm just "that guy" whether its good or bad haha. and my round two fridays ago was great i shot an 85 from the back tees which was a 9 differential which took my handicap from 11.8 to 11.3 so that was cool haha

It feels like half the speed and you might only be 90% speed.

Keep in mind that I am only working on the first three keys.

The point is until you can go in slow motion (literally like Tai Chi), I move slowly enough to think about each key in my mind. It is really hard to keep my balance unless I am in a good position. I know you (and possibly others) are thinking "what a bunch of crock", but it is the only way to consciously understand the keys.

I still make lots of errors, but for the most part I am making greens and enjoying hitting the ball more solidly than ever. I am even confident enough to say that my average drive is approaching 250 yards.

My son (who has a naturally good swing) is a better example of improvement, and closer to making the single digits. Until he started being able to understand the keys, he played pretty erratic. Even he is just starting to slow things down and understand the moves better. There is some hope that he could be in the single digits before the end of the year.

Having the ability to arbitrarily move slowly is really the key to improvement. I make a bad shot and think "What the heck did I just do?" I slow down and :doh:

It's easier to fix something if you "know" what you did wrong.

EDIT: What Erik said is true, but you only enjoy the practice if you are seeing improvement. Also, Kyle hits far. If he can't hit far, it does not sound like he has fun. I think the main difference is that I have nothing to prove to the person in the next stall.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

It feels like half the speed and you might only be 90% speed. Keep in mind that I am only working on the first three keys. The point is until you can go in slow motion (literally like Tai Chi), I move slowly enough to think about each key in my mind. It is really hard to keep my balance unless I am in a good position. I know you (and possibly others) are thinking "what a bunch of crock", but it is the only way to consciously understand the keys. I still make lots of errors, but for the most part I am making greens and enjoying hitting the ball more solidly than ever. I am even confident enough to say that my average drive is approaching 250 yards. My son (who has a naturally good swing) is a better example of improvement, and closer to making the single digits. Until he started being able to understand the keys, he played pretty erratic. Even he is just starting to slow things down and understand the moves better. There is some hope that he could be in the single digits before the end of the year. Having the ability to arbitrarily move slowly is really the key to improvement. I make a bad shot and think "What the heck did I just do?" I slow down and :doh: It's easier to fix something if you "know" what you did wrong.

That's awesome you are hitting more greens. That's a huge struggle in my game. I average about 5 a round. I'd love to improve that so I think I'm going to try the slow motion to make sure I'm in the right position.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!