IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok cool ill do dtl for my tee shots and vary for my approach shots. It'll be fun

Hey @KyleAnthony Post them all in your swing thread, it's kind fun to watch someone's round like that, especially if your sitting in -25ºC weather looking at the ice and snow building up in your driveway. :-(

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey @KyleAnthony Post them all in your swing thread, it's kind fun to watch someone's round like that, especially if your sitting in -25ºC weather looking at the ice and snow building up in your driveway.

well my camera died on the 2nd hole. i have the worst luck with cameras. any who i didn't have the best round today 50-41 91 10 FIR 4/18 GIR 32 putts 4 penalty strokes. once i slowed my swing down on my approach shots i was able to hit more greens. the greens on the back nine i missed because poor tee shots except one. although i did finish the round with a 20 yard pitch in for birdie haha. tomorrow i'll be playing my practice round at Talega

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

well my camera died on the 2nd hole. i have the worst luck with cameras. any who i didn't have the best round today 50-41 91 10 FIR 4/18 GIR 32 putts 4 penalty strokes. once i slowed my swing down on my approach shots i was able to hit more greens. the greens on the back nine i missed because poor tee shots except one. although i did finish the round with a 20 yard pitch in for birdie haha. tomorrow i'll be playing my practice round at Talega

Yeah, it's a tough course if you're not hitting the driver straight.  (I shot a 91 the first time I played there too!)

So, how did you play the first hole??

Yeah, it's a tough course if you're not hitting the driver straight.  (I shot a 91 the first time I played there too!)

So, how did you play the first hole??

haha i hit driver, but skied it so it landed in the fairway. i was 100 yards out used a 3/4 pitching wedge. (front pin location) landed on top of sand trap and roll back in. got out and on in 1. missed my 4 foot putt 1 inch to the left. made bogey =/ that pretty much sums up the front 9 haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

OH OH OH question. so my yardages were like a club off (i was hitting 1 club less than normal) until like the 8th hole. does the coldness or humidity effect distance?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

OH OH OH question. so my yardages were like a club off (i was hitting 1 club less than normal) until like the 8th hole. does the coldness or humidity effect distance?

Less meaning 8 instead of 9? or the other way around?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Less meaning 8 instead of 9? or the other way around?

ya like if I'm 160 out. normally that is an 8 iron. but i was coming up short and then at the turn (9:30am) my distances came back. the guy i got paired up with was doing the same thing

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I have a question for everyone. do you attack every pin? what is your approach for different pin locations? what pin would you and would you not attack? for me i attack almost every pin. if its a right pin location i play maybe 4 yards left (i have a fade so it kicks right on landing) any tips from some people on when to attack and when to play conservative. sometimes i kick to hard right on landing and will roll off the side of the green which sucks sometimes i come up short on front pins too

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I have a question for everyone. do you attack every pin? what is your approach for different pin locations? what pin would you and would you not attack? for me i attack almost every pin. if its a right pin location i play maybe 4 yards left (i have a fade so it kicks right on landing) any tips from some people on when to attack and when to play conservative. sometimes i kick to hard right on landing and will roll off the side of the green which sucks sometimes i come up short on front pins too

If only a perfectly struck shot will get me there I will usually play out right a bit just in case I over cook it, I'm trying to get myself from drawing my irons too much, I don't mind a couple yards but sometimes I'll come in from 10+ and that is way too much. Needless to say trouble short and left I'll play out right, if there is trouble on the right I usually take dead aim as long as the landing is deep enough and I'm comfortable with carry yardages.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Definitely not.

A)  I'm not nearly good enough to be aiming directly at pins that are near edges of greens.  And

B)  Even when I do become confident enough with my "shot cone" I'm still not aiming at pins on the wrong side of the green.

For example, you say that you play a 4 yard fade.  And you say that you attack a pin that is on the right side of the green.  Well, that makes sense, because if your ball doesn't fade, then you're still on the green.  But what about when the pin is tucked left?  You would be taking a really big risk by aiming OFF the green to the left just to try and stick it close, when you should probably be starting it at the pin and letting it fade right a bit.

For now, though, since I'm working on a little draw, I will use the pin as my target when it's in the center of the green and when it's to the left side, until it starts getting too close to the edge.  Any right pins, then I'm usually just aiming center of the green.  And I'm talking mid/short irons here, 8-9-PW.  Longer irons I'm pretty much always just aiming for the center of the green, and wedges I'm a lot more aggressive.

EDIT:  Obviously, these are just general rules.  When you factor in bunkers, hazards, big tiers in greens, and all that good stuff, things change. :)

• Upvote 1

Long irons(Gawd only know what shot shape) -  I just hope to be near the green.

Mid irons(Draw) - Pin on the right, I try for right center.  Everything else I go for it unless there is a short sided bunker.

Wedges(fairly straight) - go for every pin.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

When playing on any course the biggest thing to keep in mind is usually to stay below the hole. When you're below the hole putting for birdie it not only gives you a little mental boost of confidence (you don't have to worry about running it 10' past) but it also gives you a slightly larger margin for error on your distance control since it takes a larger amount of force to hit it proportionally further past the hole.

When analyzing a green as to where I want to aim on it, here's a mental checklist I run through before the shot:

- Greenside hazards. If I see a bunker or a lake, I'm going to err on the side of caution for missing it.

- Slope of the green. If the green slops right to left then I want to be just a tad bit to the left of the pin

- Noticeable breaks. If you see a large ridge on a portion of the green try to aim your shot so that you don't have to putt over that ridge

- Pin proximity to edge of green. If the pin is tucked back in a corner or right up against the front collar it's best to play it safe towards the center of the green than risk leaving yourself a short-sided chip to get up and down.

Just finished Talega. Here are the stats Score - 87 FIR - 8/13 GIR - 7/18 Putts - 34 (yikes!!) Penalty Shots - Goose Egg ;)

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Hole #12 was first birdie of the day.

Ended up

Birdies - 2

Pars - 5

Bogeys - 6

Doubles - 4

Triples - 1

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

question- are you still optimistic?

ya of course. i had 2 duffs off the tee today, but i felt pretty good out there today. i feel progress and i think with now starting to hit the gym and practicing non stop its only a matter of time before everything comes together. today my putting wasn't great, but i felt good off the tee and my irons weren't to bad either today. 2 missed greens were on the fringe so that was nice. also the yesterday and todays rounds dropped my index from 13.9 to 13.0 and will update at the end of the month

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Is your goal to get your index to +0 or is it to play one round at scratch?

i want to get my index to 0

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!