IGNORED

2nd time golfing hitting from Championship tees

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not saying it is impossible by any means, but this was your 2nd time playing golf and your tee shots were 300 yards? No offense, but that seems a little far fetched.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Seems a little far fetched is an understatement. I think "never happened" is the more appropriate phrase here.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Not saying it is impossible by any means, but this was your 2nd time playing golf and your tee shots were 300 yards? No offense, but that seems a little far fetched.

Someone is exaggerating just a tiny bit, methinks...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll get the contract out...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Im thinking it was around 200-230 you were hitting, Try getting a rangefinder.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Amazingly enough after hitting those 300 yard drives he still had 175 yards left to the 400 yard par 4.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Probably the most ridiculous golf claim I have ever heard.

In my Golf Bag:

Driver: W-506 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon 59g, Stiff, High Bp
3-Metal: Eye-O-Matic, Aldila NV-S, Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3, 19°, StiffIrons: 3-PW CompEZ, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold, S300Wedges: CG-10 46°, Vokey 58°Putter: Zing2Ball: Pro V1x (only if they are...

Dang, this is a tough crowd.

It does seem a little far fetched but I play with a guy who can drive it 300 and straight 8 out of 10 times. Unfortunately he can't hit an iron off of the ground to save his life. He usually shoots in the 100's.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

He never said this was his second time golfing. He said that this was his second golfing

I never said that he didn't actually hit the ball that far. Now that I look at the title again it seems as though it can be taken either way. And if it is just his 2nd time teeing off from the tips then congrats?

Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I always called the Tournament Tees the tips. Championship Tees are the blues around here. Am I off on this one?

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I always called the Tournament Tees the tips. Championship Tees are the blues around here. Am I off on this one?

I think every place/person may call them a different name. Championship/Tips/Tournament tees all mean the same to me. Around here a lot of places back tees are a different color (black, blue, gold, orange) so I generally refer to them as the Tips.

What you call the "Championship tees" would be the regular men's tees here. The back tees are the Championship tees or "the tips". That is pretty typical for the courses I play.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Dang, this is a tough crowd.

If this guy really can hit it 300 yards and it hitting 11/14 fairways I find it impossible he normally shoots in the 100's. You could put me 300 yards out in the middle of the fairway 11 times a round with nothing more than a putter and I could break 90. Please if someone has the athletic ability to hit a driver like that there is no freakin way they can suck that bad with every other club. Get a range finder and stop exaggerating cause chances are if he really doesn't break 100 he hits about 5 drives straight a round and they go no farther than 275.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

If this guy really can hit it 300 yards and it hitting 11/14 fairways I find it impossible he normally shoots in the 100's. You could put me 300 yards out in the middle of the fairway 11 times a round with nothing more than a putter and I could break 90. Please if someone has the athletic ability to hit a driver like that there is no freakin way they can suck that bad with every other club. Get a range finder and stop exaggerating cause chances are if he really doesn't break 100 he hits about 5 drives straight a round and they go no farther than 275.

I would tend to agree with this, but who knows. I know when I first starting and was struggling to break a 100 I didn't hit the driver straight at all and never even came close to 275, never mind 300.

Hell, I'd take 5 straight drives of 275 right now.

What's with all the negativity guys?

A young guy in very good shape may have the strength/flexibility/coordination to really drive a ball well

By no means am I saying I hit every shot perfectly; I was simply saying how enjoyable it was to birdie and par from the championship tees and hit 300 yard drives. Are all my drives perfect shots onto the fairway? Of course not. But I'm just learning the game. I've been to various golf ranges 10-20 times thru my life on dates with girls or with friends just messing around. But I hadn't been on a golf course and actually played until just very recently.

Currently from the farthest tee box my game is: I rarely birdie, par a decent amount, and bogey quite a bit. The bogeys are due to bad putting or errant tee shots. Just cause you can reach the green in 2 on any hole doesn't mean you're gonna be a scratch golfer :)

Hope that clears things up

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!