IGNORED

2nd time golfing hitting from Championship tees

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Strength alone doesnt make 300yd drives. Muscle only increases backspin on shots. The technique necessary to pull off what you are saying takes alot of practice. Not sure where you are playing, but I know alot of the country is dry and fast right now...... so those 300yd drives are more likely 250 with good roll. I could be wrong, but 300 is a number that some PGA tour players cant reach.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

So it was in fact your 2nd time playing golf and not just your 2nd time playing from the "Championship" tees? Well honestly I guess I can see someone being able to hit a tee shot that was straight, but I find it hard to believe that it went 300 yards. Again, I am not calling you a liar and do not mean to come off as negative, but given my experiences on and off the golf course with myself and others I just find that far fetched. But if in fact you actually have the natural ability to do so then congratulations and keep practicing to dial the rest of your game in.

What is your handicap by the way?

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

So it was in fact your 2nd time playing golf and not just your 2nd time playing from the "Championship" tees? Well honestly I guess I can see someone being able to hit a tee shot that was straight, but I find it hard to believe that it went 300 yards. Again, I am not calling you a liar and do not mean to come off as negative, but given my experiences on and off the golf course with myself and others I just find that far fetched. But if in fact you actually have the natural ability to do so then congratulations and keep practicing to dial the rest of your game in.

Fiji..... someone that has only played golf twice cant have a handicap. not enough qualifying rounds. Like 18 short.... to have a real cap anyway. I guess you can get a cap in as little as 5 rounds, but the number means nothing until you have at least 20 rounds under your belt.

In My Bag
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Dang, this is a tough crowd.

He must putt with his tongue.

A person who fits this description is a freak of nature. If I took my wife, who shoots about 125, and placed her ball 300 yards down the fairway on 8 of 10 holes, she'd probably break 100. If I did the same thing, I feel certain I'd score in the mid 70s (I'm an 11, so I almost never break 80). Are you sure you're not exaggerating some part of this? Honestly, this sort of person would definitely be able to get on TV on some sort of Golf Channel teaching thing.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fiji..... someone that has only played golf twice cant have a handicap. not enough qualifying rounds. Like 18 short.... to have a real cap anyway. I guess you can get a cap in as little as 5 rounds, but the number means nothing until you have at least 20 rounds under your belt.

I understand that bud. I guess I should have worded it, "What have your scores been?" And the number of rounds is technically 10 since it takes the best 10 of the last 20 rounds.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I understand that bud. I guess I should have worded it, "What have your scores been?" And the number of rounds is technically 10 since it takes the best 10 of the last 20 rounds.

You can have a USGA handicap with as little as 5 rounds, but like I said, the number means nothing until you have at least 20 rounds under your belt. But yes, it does take the average of your best 10 rounds out of your last 20.

In My Bag

But yes, it does take the average of your best 10 rounds out of your last 20.

Well kind of, actually your handicap is not an average really it is a calculation of your potential. It is a fairly complicated formula. Most people don't realize this but, you should have to play good to shoot your handicap and great to shoot under your handicap. If your scoring average is 85 (+13) then your handicap should be around an 11 or so. So in turn to shoot your handicap you should have to shoot 2 under your scoring average approximately. Sorry sort of off topic but.....

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If this guy really can hit it 300 yards and it hitting 11/14 fairways I find it impossible he normally shoots in the 100's. You could put me 300 yards out in the middle of the fairway 11 times a round with nothing more than a putter and I could break 90. Please if someone has the athletic ability to hit a driver like that there is no freakin way they can suck that bad with every other club. Get a range finder and stop exaggerating cause chances are if he really doesn't break 100 he hits about 5 drives straight a round and they go no farther than 275.

Seriously, you don't know me. How hard is it to believe? I know plenty of people who can hit it off of a tee, but not off of the ground. I'm not going to argue like I am so newcomer to golf and try to sway you but I have no reason to make that up. The dude can drive it 300 or more nearly everytime, but can easily take him 3 or 4 more shots to get to a green. He chunks them everytime and hits the ball 5 foot in front of him. He does get into the 90's but it's a struggle for him. Believe what you will.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Although I know a lot of people who can hit the ball a long way but still struggle to post a socially acceptable score, I have a really hard time believing someone hits the ball 300 yards down the middle of the fairway and still can't break 100. Put my ball 300 yards out in the fairway on every hole and I could break 90 with my putter.

To prove you either right or wrong, get on a launch monitor. There's nothing else to be said or done about it until you get it.

(Personally, I'm betting it's a 220 yard drive with a fade. The average Joe hits the ball somewhere between 193 and 205, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Although I know a lot of people who can hit the ball a long way but still struggle to post a socially acceptable score, I have a really hard time believing someone hits the ball 300 yards down the middle of the fairway and still can't break 100. Put my ball 300 yards out in the fairway on every hole and I could break 90 with my putter.

Who said he ended up in the middle of the fairway? I said he hits it straight. It may go right or left, but it goes straight with no fade and no draw. He is in the fairway maybe half the time.

I have never gotten a tape measure and measured his drive, but I have seem him drive 300 yard par 4's, put it with in 150 of 450 yard par 5's plenty of times. I will take back the 8 out of 10 straight statement and reword it to 8 out of 10 with no fade or draw. But he can drive it 300 consistently. The guy is a ball of muscle with good driving mechanics but can't get his irons up in the air, can't chip and can't putt. I can't figure out why it is that hard to believe. I know when I started I could drive a pretty good distance but not hit my irons for anything. On that note, now I can't drive for nothing and my iron play is solid :) Figure that one out.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

If hitting it "straight" includes a lot of pulls and pushes, then it isn't very straight. Like I said, get the man on a launch monitor and let's see the result.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yea I agree with T.J.K
I've got a buddy who can kill the ball of the tee box but his short game is terrible

Drive for show, Putt for dough

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!