IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the announcer chick is the hottest of all of them.     Glad Renee didn't get bounced - pulling for her

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the announcer chick is the hottest of all of them.     Glad Renee didn't get bounced - pulling for her

Agreed. I am not sure sure if I am rooting for good golf or who looks best in a golf skirt...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
The hostess and Renée are the only attractive ones. Not that it should matter. Good to see an early hole-out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some one should have talked that redneck chick out of the rose tattoo...

I'm curious to see if that wonky home made swing will hold up ... gotta like a chick that drives a race car, knows her way around a shotgun & has enough golf game to make Big Break  (gotta be a country song in there somewhere ....)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'm curious to see if that wonky home made swing will hold up ... gotta like a chick that drives a race car, knows her way around a shotgun & has enough golf game to make Big Break  (gotta be a country song in there somewhere ....)

I'm rooting for her. She hits balls at the same range I do/did. (I don't live near there anymore)

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Okay that was a lack luster ending

I liked the twist.  It was strange at first, but I decided that the pressure associated with being out there ALONE - even to accomplish such a 'simple' task as parring a 450 yard par 5 - would be exponentially more (slight bit of hyperbole) than playing a match against somebody else.

If I'm alone being chased by a tiger then I have to somehow outrun a tiger, but if I'm there with somebody else, all I have to do is outrun them. :-P

The hostess and Renée are the only attractive ones. Not that it should matter.

Good to see an early hole-out.

Wow, you have really high standards. ;-) I don't find any of them (cept Marla Hooch down below) to be unattractive.  Also, she may not exactly be "hot" but I am pulling for Tonya because she's a mom.  I'm also not liking Courtney so far - she's a bit annoying what with her dancing and her "freaking monkeys" that I have a feeling we're going to hear every week.

Not so much in this picture ... but when she was doing her "confessionals" last night, she really reminded me (looks and voice) of Catherine Martin (the one from Silence of the Lambs who 'places the lotion in the basket':

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92774/] [/URL]

Lmao! So far I can't stand Courtney.. That crap with her dancing after the glass break pissed me off a bit and she's super annoying.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I watched it on my DVR this morning.  The elimination challenge was a joke.  Make par to stay on the show?? At least make it a hard hole and not a par 5 that could be reached in two if she wanted to go for it.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Okay that was a lack luster ending

The elimination challenge was a joke.  Make par to stay on the show?? At least make it a hard hole and not a par 5 that could be reached in two if she wanted to go for it.

And I don't think you guys are quite appreciating the pressure associated with her having to go do that ALONE.  Yes, it was a short hole.  But, it did have water on one side, and OB on the other.  I'm trying to imagine what I would feel like knowing that my entire life's dream hinged on one swing with a driver where I had no bailout.  I don't know that I would even be able to swing the club.

At least if she was competing against somebody else, there was always the possibility that her opponent would hit a bad shot as well.

The challenge was very simple, yes, but it was also really "raw" and I thought that was part of the beauty of it.

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/72227/big-break-florida-thread/30_30#post_954601"] Okay that was a lack luster ending[/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="grubby98" url="/t/72227/big-break-florida-thread/30_30#post_954814"]   The elimination challenge was a joke.  Make par to stay on the show?? At least make it a hard hole and not a par 5 that could be reached in two if she wanted to go for it. [/QUOTE] And I don't think you guys are quite appreciating the pressure associated with her having to go do that ALONE.  Yes, it was a short hole.  But, it did have water on one side, and OB on the other.  I'm trying to imagine what I would feel like knowing that my entire life's dream hinged on one swing with a driver where I had no bailout.  I don't know that I would even be able to swing the club. At least if she was competing against somebody else, there was always the possibility that her opponent would hit a bad shot as well. The challenge was very simple, yes, but it was also really "raw" and I thought that was part of the beauty of it.

[quote name="grubby98" url="/t/72227/big-break-florida-thread/40_10#post_954814"]I watched it on my DVR this morning.  The elimination challenge was a joke.  Make par to stay on the show?? At least make it a hard hole and not a par 5 that could be reached in two if she wanted to go for it. [/quote] Challenge to a hack like me but to potential professional? I am sure it was stressful but easy for a competitive golfer.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I could imagine it be stressful.  But I would of liked it spiced up a little.  Like bogey your off the show, par you play tmro, but if you birdie you get 500 cash or gift card, and exempt from elimination on the next show if you make eagle.  Then she would of had a bigger challenge on either to lay up or go for it.

I don't care what pressure though, but if an aspiring tour pro cant make par or better on a short par 5 95% of the time, they will not be on the tour very long.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I could imagine it be stressful.  But I would of liked it spiced up a little.  Like bogey your off the show, par you play tmro, but if you birdie you get 500 cash or gift card, and exempt from elimination on the next show if you make eagle.  Then she would of had a bigger challenge on either to lay up or go for it.

Now you're talking!  I like this idea.  If they continue with the "solo" elimination challenges (they won't because there is a finite number of shows) then little things like this would be nice.  I agree with you guys that it would have been nicer to see her go for it in two.

I don't care what pressure though, but if an aspiring tour pro cant make par or better on a short par 5 95% of the time, they will not be on the tour very long.

Absolutely ... however, if you've watched past seasons of this show - especially the recent all-girls ones - you'd know that very few of them are really tour caliber.

I am optimistic, though, after the showing they put up in the second challenge last night.  A hole out, and nearly 2 more!

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!