• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tontj5

Cheyenne Woods Stuns Golf World With Win In Australia

36 posts in this topic

Cheyenne Woods Stuns Field and Wins LET Tournament

Cheyenne Woods has shocked the golf world by winning the Volvic RACV Ladies Masters. The tournament which took place in Queensland Australia was the second tournament on the Ladies European Tour of the 2014 season.

Woods, the 23 year old niece of Tiger Woods, finished with a 4 under par 68 to win by 2 strokes.

This was the first win for Cheyenne on a major tour.

This was not a weak field as it included such players as Yani Tseng, Jessica Korda, and Caroline Hedwall.

Woods had tried to qualify for the LPGA this past December but was unsuccessful.
She will be teeing it up as a sponsor exemption this coming week, when the LPGA plays in Australia.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

all I can say is AWESOME !!    Good for her ...

I guess it is a big deal ... it made the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2014/02/09/sports/golf/09reuters-golf-women-woods.html?ref=golf

(Reuters) - Cheyenne Woods, niece of 14-times major winner Tiger, claimed the biggest title of her professional career with a two-stroke victory in the Australian Ladies Masters on Sunday.

The 23-year-old American carded a final-round four-under-par 69 at the Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast for a total of 16-under and finished ahead of 17-year-old Australian amateur Minjee Lee for her first win on the Ladies European Tour.

"This is a huge accomplishment for me," Cheyenne, the daughter of Tiger's half brother Earl Junior, told reporters.

"I've been pro for two years and, for the majority of it, people just think of me as Tiger Woods' niece so now I have a game of my own and I have a title now, a win, which is exciting."

Cheyenne was happy she had finally proved that she did not just share the surname of her famous uncle.

"It's nice now to say to people that I can play and I'm not just a name," said Cheyenne, who won her first minor title in the United States in 2012.

"Growing up with the last name of Woods, there's a lot of expectations and pressure and spotlight on you but I always knew that I was able to win.

"I always knew I'd be able to compete with these ladies so now it's kind of a weight off my shoulders because now everybody knows not just me."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw her playing at the Dutch Open last year. Her flight had more followers than the avarage flight in the tournement. Sure this win will release some tension,

Saw her playing at the Dutch Open last year. Her flight had more followers than the avarage flight in the tournement. Sure this win will release some tension,

Euphemism?

Legs for miles... Such pretty skin.

Very cool for her. I was hoping she would get her tour card back in December. Now, she can play with sponsor exemptions. Did you all see the clip of her getting sprayed after the win? Who was the blonde wearing all black? Wow.

Big things to come!

There are so many responses I could use here....

She's beautiful. I think she's dating some football player from Wake Forest

It's like beating on a piñata without the blindfold...