IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

While Kaili and I need to wait around before hastily lugging a 90# harp to the audition, we'll be forelornly thinking about those empty spots.

Well, hope it gets filled, and have a great time!

Yep will be thinking about the fun will miss while playing Diamond Bar Sunday afternoon, does not even come close to the TST fun!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Yep will be thinking about the fun will miss while playing Diamond Bar Sunday afternoon, does not even come close to the TST fun!

At least you'll be playing golf. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmm, Tristan, Mike and Barrett are all split up.  Who's going to take home the trophy now?

I'm gonna go with Mike's group, as I'm sure Drew brought in a ringer.  13.8 handicap that will shoot 79.  Book it!

LOL ... if he is a ringer, it's not my fault!  He's the dad of one of my daughters preschool classmates.  I've hung out with him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy, but I've never golfed with him. ;)

I'd still put my money on Barrett ... the dude's never lost.  Tristan and Mike have played in other groups and/or outings that Barrett didn't attend.  He is the only one who is undefeated.

LOL ... if he is a ringer, it's not my fault!  He's the dad of one of my daughters preschool classmates.  I've hung out with him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy, but I've never golfed with him. ;)

I'd still put my money on Barrett ... the dude's never lost.  Tristan and Mike have played in other groups and/or outings that Barrett didn't attend.  He is the only one who is undefeated.

Just wait!!!

I can have him playing at "my level" by about the 3rd or 4th hole :dance:

Oh, wait--I'm on the same team :~(

An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein

Hmm, Tristan, Mike and Barrett are all split up.  Who's going to take home the trophy now?

I'm gonna go with Mike's group, as I'm sure Drew brought in a ringer.  13.8 handicap that will shoot 79.  Book it!

Sounds good to me :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
10am is the first time right?

10pm, Mike. You're on the west coast, remember?

Anyway, take lots of pictures, eh? We always forget to do that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10am is the first time right?

Yup... 10am.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Quick reminder to my team, play to the center of the greens. Everyone else can go for the flag ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Quick reminder to my team, play to the center of the greens. Everyone else can go for the flag ;-)

I was already planning to. That course has kicked my (redacted) enough the last two times I played it to even consider the flag. Question about the rules for tomorrow: are we considered teammates for purposes of advice and such during the round? For example, if you see me about to hit an 8-iron, are you allowed to say "no, hit a 7-iron at (whatever target) instead"? I know in foursomes you can, but that's not what we're playing tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I was already planning to. That course has kicked my (redacted) enough the last two times I played it to even consider the flag.

Question about the rules for tomorrow: are we considered teammates for purposes of advice and such during the round? For example, if you see me about to hit an 8-iron, are you allowed to say "no, hit a 7-iron at (whatever target) instead"? I know in foursomes you can, but that's not what we're playing tomorrow.

I don't see why not.  It's a team competition.  Plus it's a really laid back competition, and we're not really playing for any big prizes or anything (unless Mike surprises us tomorrow! ;)), just for a bit of bragging rights and fun.

By the way, it looks like the course has a fairly decent restaurant on site (Derricks) for anybody who wants to hang around after golf for a late lunch/early dinner, or just a drink or something.  I'm hoping to be able to stick around a bit - depending of course, on how crazy the kids are driving the wife by then. :beer:

By the way, it looks like the course has a fairly decent restaurant on site (Derricks) for anybody who wants to hang around after golf for a late lunch/early dinner, or just a drink or something.  I'm hoping to be able to stick around a bit - depending of course, on how crazy the kids are driving the wife by then. :beer:

I will almost certainly be up for it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Question about the rules for tomorrow: are we considered teammates for purposes of advice and such during the round? For example, if you see me about to hit an 8-iron, are you allowed to say "no, hit a 7-iron at (whatever target) instead"? I know in foursomes you can, but that's not what we're playing tomorrow.

The committee rules that this is all good.

(unless Mike surprises us tomorrow! ;)), just for a bit of bragging rights and fun.

There will be a prize for the winning team and MVP, sorry no TaylorMade lockers this time.

Mike McLoughlin

Lol, got here early. Grabbing some breakfast in the restaurant if anyone cares to join me...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Lol, got here early. Grabbing some breakfast in the restaurant if anyone cares to join me...

Have fun, and give us shot by shot details. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Net double eagle bitches! Not me, Jeff, the ringer @Golfingdad brought.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
Net double eagle bitches!

Not me, Jeff, the ringer @Golfingdad brought.

Hmmmmm…

The committee rules that none of Jeff's scores count. Sorry. Tristan slipped me a fiver.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!