IGNORED

My Swing (Valleygolfer)

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A narrower stance will help you, yes. It's also not about how much you turn but the rates at which you turn. Your backswing is very "arms" oriented. Let your turn carry your arms farther. And let your hips turning carry your torso turning.

I did notice I was a little armsy. I will try those things. Thanks for the input.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went to the range today after celebrating a small victory with a couple of margaritas.... I worked on @iacas 's recommendations and it made a huge difference. Good catch. Thank you so much.

• Administrator

Went to the range today after celebrating a small victory with a couple of margaritas.... I worked on @iacas 's recommendations and it made a huge difference. Good catch. Thank you so much.

Keep it up. It's gonna take awhile before it "bakes in."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Keep it up. It's gonna take awhile before it "bakes in."

I agree. I just didn't realize I wasn't doing this again. One of these days most of it will stick.

Played a couple rounds since the practice session, was thinking a lot about my swing during the round,and it seems like I was interrupting focus by not swinging freely. Took a couple swings after without thinking about mechanics and it was much more accurate shot.

• 3 weeks later...
After today I honestly want to quit. Embarrassing day of fat iron shots. Over and over. I could not stay on my front foot weight kept shifting to the right. I couldn't stop the bleeding. The only thing that was working was my driver. Complete 180 in my game. I sux. I was fuming, plus I was playing with two of the better players of my club. I think I am ready for winter now.

• 2 weeks later...

The last local golf course the was open closed yesterday and I managed to get out for a round of 18 after playing 2 rounds of 18 over the weekend absolutely horribly due to the continued fat shots. I did a little research the evening before the round and decided that my left wrist was breaking down. So I worked on keeping a flat wrist and shortening my back swing and wala I only hit 1 fat shot that I remember. I was extremely happy. I may just hang it up for the winter...

• 9 months later...

Starting the year over.... Back to hitting fat shots again. I wish I knew why I regressed to the same habits....ie: poor shoulder turn, foot flair etc

• 2 weeks later...
Starting the year over.... Back to hitting fat shots again. I wish I knew why I regressed to the same habits....ie: poor shoulder turn, foot flair etc

Amazing. Change one thing and go from mid to high nineties back to low eighties... Still can't chip though...

• 6 months later...

While trying to get my iron swing speed back, I also introduced in a severe pull with the occasional duck hook. My initial assessment is that I have a chicken wing issue but I would think that I would end up with a "slicing" type ball flight.  More than likely (and what I was trying to fix during the round (unsuccessfully)) was that I was rotating at my torso causing a change in face direction and moving the ball back in the swing path. Although I thought I knew what was going on, I could not control my swing plane.

• 1 month later...

Took the plunge this year and joined the range at my club and what a difference that has had on my game. Sorted out a major swing flaw the first day and it has improved my ball striking by a ton. Hoping to get my cap at a 10 by the end of June.

• Upvote 1

Today's lesson: You gotta see the ball to hit it.

• 1 month later...

At the range ironing out my slice and working on my new spine angle.

DTL was pre-postural changes

9 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

At the range ironing out my slice and working on my new spine angle.

DTL was pre-postural changes

Face on looks pretty good Anthony. For the DTL, have it line up on your toe line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Face on looks pretty good Anthony. For the DTL, have it line up on your toe line.

Thanks Scott.I tried to. I didn't have a lot of maneuverability with the camera with the way I had it set up. I'll try to post more. I would be interested in seeing my swing plane better.

Edited by Valleygolfer

After a dismal early driving distance early this season, I finally regained my yardage plus 10. At least on solid fairway shots. Talk about a satisfying situation. I thought I was done on distance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have playing much better with my full swing shots, I however have resigned to the fact that my putting is horrible. It costs me at least 3-4 extra strokes per round... I have no confidence which really costs me. I need to catch up quick.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting round today. I started off the day practicing chipping until I felt this "lobbing" type technique develop. I became very accurate after that (later on the course I had a little confidence wavering and couldn't trust myself right away but came around) and then hit my short irons due to frequent pulls. The pulls were due to me sneaking up and standing too close to the ball. This was some what sorted out by the time I ran out of balls.

My tee time was too close to the time I start eating and although I had a good tee shot, I became pretty jittery. It was abnormally hot this morning and I started sweating like a turkey on Thanksgiving and not feeling well. I completely screwed up the 2nd hole with 2 ob balls which was usual to let alone have one there. My iron accuracy, when I wasn't in the trees was excellent. My drives during holes 2-8 was abominable. Iron accuracy saved me a par and a few bogeys. I managed to corral my drives to a much better result after 9 except for a miscue on 14. It really appears I am almost forming a natural relaxed driver swing. May take a while yet but I have been hitting them where I am aiming them more often.

My iron accuracy is very satisfactory. If I could putt just a little better, I would be doubling the birdies per round. I even managed to hit the flag stick with my nine iron which left me with a 10 foot birdie putt that I should have made.

Untitled.png

Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!