IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can screencap it later, but I use the characters from the 8-bit episode of the TV show Community as my various hard drives. Some guys on Reddit were making an unofficial version of the video game one particular season 3 episode is about, and I got then to send me jpegs of their character models. So I have Jeff as my main hard drive, Britta as my Windows partition, Troy as my second internal hard drive, etc. I guess if you're not a fan of the show, none of that makes sense.

And old-ish screenshot that misses a few and was before I changed the labels to simply the character names:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

And old-ish screenshot that misses a few and was before I changed the labels to simply the character names:

Yeah, no kidding! Ya gotta change the names!

I typically change the sharing name and the main HD name to be the same. Though, my desktop isn't quite like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lol...I like the Ken Jeong one...

I tried to keep the labeling kinda-sorta related to the characters. Jeff is the main character, so he's the boot drive. Britta is the Windows of people, so she's the Bootcamp partition. The Abed drive has a bunch of DVD rips of TV shows (including Community, so it's meta!). The Dean likes to pop in and out, so he's my flash drive. Chang (the Ken Jeong one) is the HDD that came with my computer that I swapped out later for an SSD. I've got it hooked up via a USB adapter, but I haven't really figured out what to do with it. The show hasn't really figured out what to do with Jeong's character, hence... you get the point. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/330_30#post_1044230"] Yeah, no kidding! Ya gotta change the names! [/quote] I did a while ago, I just don't have enough USB plugs to hook 'em all up and take another screenshot.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I tried to keep the labeling kinda-sorta related to the characters. Jeff is the main character, so he's the boot drive. Britta is the Windows of people, so she's the Bootcamp partition. The Abed drive has a bunch of DVD rips of TV shows (including Community, so it's meta!). The Dean likes to pop in and out, so he's my flash drive. Chang (the Ken Jeong one) is the HDD that came with my computer that I swapped out later for an SSD. I've got it hooked up via a USB adapter, but I haven't really figured out what to do with it. The show hasn't really figured out what to do with Jeong's character, hence... you get the point. I did a while ago, I just don't have enough USB plugs to hook 'em all up and take another screenshot.

You put wayyyyyyyyy too much thought into this. It is fantastic and I love it lol. :-D

Riley

I was in the union for 20 years, have been in management for 6 years. Unions are an excuse for an average of 50% of the work force to be slackers. Union members have a gang mentality, I know because I was in it for so long....

http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/the_inside_track/2014/08/top_chef_finds_local_flavor_bitter http://deadline.com/2014/08/padma-lakshmi-boston-teamsters-attack-top-chef-820137/ Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi was harassed pretty badly from these stories. Reminded me of this thread. [quote] Angry that the show had not signed a Teamsters contract and that the production hired local PA’s to drive cast and crew vehicles, the dozen or so picketers from Boston’s Teamsters Local 25 kept at it for hours, raining down racist, sexist and homophobic threats and slurs as staffers came to and left the set that summer day. Jenn Levy, Bravo’s SVP Production, wasn’t spared. Arriving at the restaurant in her black SUV, she soon found herself running a gauntlet of vitriol. “She got of her car in front of the location and quickly ran through the picket line,” a source said. “They were yelling, ‘You bitch! You ****! We’re gonna get you!’ It went on like that all day.” John King, Milton’s Deputy Police Chief, said the Teamsters were “threatening, heckling and harassing.” The first officer on the scene, he said, had to call for back-up after the Teamsters “gave the officer trouble.” Reading from the police report, he said the Teamsters were “hostile, swearing, and refusing to let people come in and out. Officers repeatedly tried to de-escalate the situation.” When more police arrived, the Teamsters went to the show’s hospitality tent and “harassed the crew there.” When the officers went there, King said, “A group of them slashed the tires on 14 different cars owned by the crew.” [/quote]

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

High school football scrimmage. Getting our butts handed to us. Gonna be a long year. ::groan::

Do you coach? The team at my school last year went 0-10 /Rimshot

Riley

Got a new MacBook Pro (Retina). I'd originally thought I might name it "Iris," but the icon options for that word are pretty… lame.

So now I'm not sure what to name it. My desktop computer is named "Bunny" and the four hard drives are all famous rabbits (like Roger, Harvey, etc.). My previous MacBook Air is named "Brainy" and has a Brainy Smurf icon. It was my (not always enjoyed) nickname in school.

Any suggestions? Gotta have a good icon (a picture I can make into an icon is fine too).

You know, as an IT guy I use computer names that are logical and fit into the scheme of whatever environment the machine is in. The idea of using cute/fancy names for a computer so that I can have interesting icons associated with the computer name makes absolutely no sense to me.....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Played soccer tonight. Other team only had five, so they were gassed and we won like 10 or 11 to 0. :P

Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out.

Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played soccer tonight. Other team only had five, so they were gassed and we won like 10 or 11 to 0. :P Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out. Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…

Are there any highlight videos of this? :-P

Riley

Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out.

Video, or it didn't happen :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…

I find most of the prepared food at Wegman's overpriced and kinda mediocre, but I have some friends who swear by it.

In my bag:

• Administrator

Video, or it didn't happen

Watch SportsCenter later tonight. Should be in the top ten.

I find most of the prepared food at Wegman's overpriced and kinda mediocre, but I have some friends who swear by it.

I think it may be regional. Ours is pretty darn good. Even their rotisserie chickens are good (not that you can really mess those up).

Note: This thread is 3286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!