IGNORED

Minimalist Golf Swing

Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry @Innercity Mini, but I'm with @Phil McGleno, here. You're not doing the MGS. You don't preset your shoulder turn 45 degrees, you hinge your wrists, and you turn your torso and hips back a lot more than Kanwar advocates (and demonstrates, herself). And you swing to the left with square hips at impact; very little lower body action. What you're doing is your typical armsy OTT swing action.

I'm glad you can golf, given your injuries, I truly am, but please stop promoting this thing. It's not what you do and it doesn't help anyone, yourself included. Feel ain't real, buddy.

Well Bill, my swing will get more MGS as my knee gets smaller! I am doing some of MGS with keeping a "right side in tilt" but still coming over the top of my knee, not my hip! ;-) Tomorrow will be better and the next day etc. But since when should a person stop trying something they don't do perfectly? There is a little strangeness "up in here!" And prior to my knee surgery I shot an 86, 83 and 82 with a stiff knee. attempting MGS. This swing is so good that doing just a few things right by a gimp like me can really make a difference!

And thanks for the the well-wishes and temperate comments :beer: !

Kind regards.

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

We have different definitions of "pretty dang good"-Must be. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019393"]And though I can hardly stand for 45 golfballs I still hit them pretty dang good! :smartass:[/quote] I havent.-Just saying I dont believe you that any of those 7-irons went 150, unless youre counting roll and the landing area was hard and baked.-Several questions have been asked of you and Kiran and you have not answered them-Ive talked with her online and she is often clueless and spouts similar things as you do and cannot answer basic questions. Your own swing clearly does not mirror the swing she demonstrates herself as @Billchao says. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019393"]I f  you stop accusing me and Kinwar of making stuff up I will be a new friend to you :-*  though my girlfriend who does hit her 7 iron 130 yards, might get jealous! :banana:[/quote] HOw about we talk about the mistakes you are making? Those pulls are clearly not what is intended and your swing is just a typical OTT pull-oriented swing like we see from a lot of duffers.- The only thing that video demonstrated to anyone is that you are not swinging as Kiran says you should. -It is not proof that you hit your clubs very far at all. -- I followed the video to the letter. Lost 150 yards with driver and couldnt hit irons solid. Its not lack of ability as I can flip a 7-iron over and hit it standing on one foot lefty style. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/90#post_1019393"] And whatever mistakes you are making with the Minimalist Golf Swing (c'mon admit it) [/quote] Feel aint real. Your swing is not what MGS says.-You cannot keep a right side tilt and turn your shoulders as you do and several other things. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/108#post_1019416"]Well Bill, my swing will get more MGS as my knee gets smaller! I am doing some of MGS with keeping a "right side in tilt" but still coming over the top of my knee, not my hip! ;-) [/quote] I have two questions for you. 1. How long have you been 'attempting MGS'? 2. Why-given the above length of time which I believe to be quite short-are you such an advocate? [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/108#post_1019416"]Tomorrow will be better and the next day etc. But since when should a person stop trying something they don't do perfectly? There is a little strangeness "up in here!" And prior to my knee surgery I shot an 86, 83 and 82 with a stiff knee. attempting MGS. This swing is so good that doing just a few things right by a gimp like me can really make a difference![/quote] My theory is that you dont know much about golf or the golf swing and simply got suckered in.-You "tried" the ideas and something helped a little and so you bought the whole thingk hook line sinker despite not taking a critical look at several of the compoenents and realizing they violate basic principles and physics and stuff. Please respond only to those two questions.-The rest of your responses is claptrap.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched the video. Didn't look anything like the swing Kanwar is advocating. This is "Logman" all over again. He would go on and on about how far he could hit the ball without breaking his wrists and then he'd post video where he CLEARLY was breaking his wrists. :doh: Use your eyes! I didn't even have to slow the video down to be able to tell that you weren't doing ANY of the stuff Kanwar is pushing, except maybe a slight neck tilt but that on it's own isn't all that unusual or revolutionary. As I have already said, good on ya for enjoying golf on a bum knee, but stop sellin' cuz nobody's buyin'.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Good enough to be said twice. [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/108#post_1019472"] As I have already said, good on ya for enjoying golf on a bum knee, but stop sellin' cuz nobody's buyin'. [/quote] Nobody is buying.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

We have different definitions of "pretty dang good"-Must be.

I havent.-Just saying I dont believe you that any of those 7-irons went 150, unless youre counting roll and the landing area was hard and baked.-Several questions have been asked of you and Kiran and you have not answered them-Ive talked with her online and she is often clueless and spouts similar things as you do and cannot answer basic questions.

Your own swing clearly does not mirror the swing she demonstrates herself as @Billchao says.

HOw about we talk about the mistakes you are making? Those pulls are clearly not what is intended and your swing is just a typical OTT pull-oriented swing like we see from a lot of duffers.-The only thing that video demonstrated to anyone is that you are not swinging as Kiran says you should.-It is not proof that you hit your clubs very far at all.

-- I followed the video to the letter. Lost 150 yards with driver and couldnt hit irons solid. Its not lack of ability as I can flip a 7-iron over and hit it standing on one foot lefty style.

Feel aint real. Your swing is not what MGS says.-You cannot keep a right side tilt and turn your shoulders as you do and several other things.

I have two questions for you.

1. How long have you been 'attempting MGS'?

2. Why-given the above length of time which I believe to be quite short-are you such an advocate?

My theory is that you dont know much about golf or the golf swing and simply got suckered in.-You "tried" the ideas and something helped a little and so you bought the whole thingk hook line sinker despite not taking a critical look at several of the compoenents and realizing they violate basic principles and physics and stuff.

Please respond only to those two questions.-The rest of your responses is claptrap.

The premise of your approach to all this is incorrect-I am not engaged in an intellectual spoof or debate. I am a teacher and I love to learn new valuable things to teach them to others-I'm not sure you get that Phil-it seems you are some type of "protect  your ego guy at all costs by winning a blogging argument."  You questions are weird and all based on your premise that you are all knowing and I am lying. At the end of April I knocked in a hole in one using Kiran's MGS components with a stiff but not surgically replaced right knee-school in session-just rehabbed from 3 herniated discs and torn shoulder muscles from Sept 2013- and I saw the power of a "non-backswing-swing," using a driver on a 190 yard uphill par 3.

I still get teased by the guys about that since they hit a 5 iron on that hole or a hybrid. I don't care-finding consistent ball compression is big for me. School was out June 21st and my knee was bad and to be surgically replaced. I put Kiran's pieces together with a much more inside turn/tilt and a rt knee that was out of the way and her swing really allowed me to compress the ball like crazy :banana: . I mean do it on purpose when I wanted to! A golfer with a better short game would've busted par on two of those 3 rounds but my shock att being on new places on the golf course did not permit me to convert all the birdie chances. :cry:

Your attitude Phil is lowering your altitude-take a bubble bath or drink a Fresca-eat a cheeseburger with grilled onions or get a lap-dance!

My new knee is swollen and much bigger and guess what?  It is in the way of my inside path and I'll fix it! THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A LIAR OR YOU ANY BRIGHTER! IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT KIRAN'S MGS WORKS BECAUSE THE PHYSICS WORK ALONG WITH THE BIOMECHANICS! GRAVITY AND BALL DEFORMATION/COMPRESSION WORK NO MATTER HOW MANY KNEES YOU HAVE, LMFAO!

THIS THREAD WAS A PERSONAL VENDETTA AND YOU GoT CALLED ON IT AND CAN'T TAKE IT!

We have different definitions of "pretty dang good"-Must be.

I havent.-Just saying I dont believe you that any of those 7-irons went 150, unless youre counting roll and the landing area was hard and baked.-Several questions have been asked of you and Kiran and you have not answered them-Ive talked with her online and she is often clueless and spouts similar things as you do and cannot answer basic questions.

Your own swing clearly does not mirror the swing she demonstrates herself as @Billchao says.

HOw about we talk about the mistakes you are making? Those pulls are clearly not what is intended and your swing is just a typical OTT pull-oriented swing like we see from a lot of duffers.-The only thing that video demonstrated to anyone is that you are not swinging as Kiran says you should.-It is not proof that you hit your clubs very far at all.

-- I followed the video to the letter. Lost 150 yards with driver and couldnt hit irons solid. Its not lack of ability as I can flip a 7-iron over and hit it standing on one foot lefty style.

Feel aint real. Your swing is not what MGS says.-You cannot keep a right side tilt and turn your shoulders as you do and several other things.

I have two questions for you.

1. How long have you been 'attempting MGS'?

2. Why-given the above length of time which I believe to be quite short-are you such an advocate?

My theory is that you dont know much about golf or the golf swing and simply got suckered in.-You "tried" the ideas and something helped a little and so you bought the whole thingk hook line sinker despite not taking a critical look at several of the compoenents and realizing they violate basic principles and physics and stuff.

Please respond only to those two questions.-The rest of your responses is claptrap.

Your attitude on this Phil is claptrap-you forgot the joy of learning and love of the game! She has 70 videos, which video? What time of day? Which location? You see Phil anyone can be a moron by insisting on their point past absurdity! You 'lost" 150 yards-well what was the total-220 with a good knee your first time? I hit 250 with a good knee, 245 with a new knee and I'm outrageous? Figures lie Phil and liars like you figure-you see liars everywhere because of your own ghosts and demons. Some of those 7 irons rolled out past 160 Phil but I thought "it was hot and the ground was hard and range balls off of cement are juiced anyway."  Phil, a great golf instructor must realize that an easy swing with a straight/more straight left arm from a shallow inside path at impact can make a ball fly!

Watched the video. Didn't look anything like the swing Kanwar is advocating. This is "Logman" all over again. He would go on and on about how far he could hit the ball without breaking his wrists and then he'd post video where he CLEARLY was breaking his wrists.

Use your eyes! I didn't even have to slow the video down to be able to tell that you weren't doing ANY of the stuff Kanwar is pushing, except maybe a slight neck tilt but that on it's own isn't all that unusual or revolutionary.

As I have already said, good on ya for enjoying golf on a bum knee, but stop sellin' cuz nobody's buyin'.

Neck tilt-check-standing up breathing-check, lol!  Buying and selling is a daily event for me and this is a process that works long-term! Besides, Kiran has 70 videos showing people trying bits and pieces-it is an evolutionary process that is sure of the what and experimenting with the how. The more you protest my advocacy for her system and make these lame rules for the discussion, the more you reveal your own insecurity.

Good enough to be said twice.

Nobody is buying.

Nobody? Why try so hard to shout me down?  a 5-iron 130 yards-did you expect anyone to believe you Phil? I can backhand my putter out of the woods 130 yards on one leg, lmfao! :w00t:

Please note that I used multi-quote on this O:) My mom would be proud!

Kindest Regards Boys,

Patrick

P.S.  since Phil is the moderator of this thread, and he is a "hater" of MGS, let me suggest that we agree not to call each other liars anymore since it advances nothing and either close this thread or try to create a friendly discussion of why it works/does not work and how. I will not stop posting willingly. Perhaps you guys can get me thrown-off the site because of your relationships but you sure don't have the intellectual firepower to win the argument straight out.

Patrick

MGS Fan

Please note that I used multi-quote on this O:)  My mom would be proud!

Congratulations! :beer: Let's work on spelling, grammar, and syntax next. Surely a teacher is concerned with all 3. ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congratulations!

Let's work on spelling, grammar, and syntax next. Surely a teacher is concerned with all 3.

Hey, I'm on vacation and meds! You do make a good point however-top marks!

Patrick

MGS Fan

• Administrator
@Innercity Mini , chill out. This thread exists to talk about the swing, not to behave like your recent post. I've asked @phil mcgleno to just avoid the thread, but it will be particularly easy since you're making such a fool of yourself. Discuss the swing only. P.S. Your video doesn't prove anything… except that feel isn't real, perhaps.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Innercity Mini, chill out.

This thread exists to talk about the swing, not to behave like your recent post.

I've asked @phil mcgleno to just avoid the thread, but it will be particularly easy since you're making such a fool of yourself.

Discuss the swing only.

P.S. Your video doesn't prove anything… except that feel isn't real, perhaps.

Right. Minimalist Golf Swing only. My video proves that a big right knee and a swollen right leg can be detriments to an inside path and a lot of other things. I know that there are other places to post "My Swing" on the blog but did so hear to try to respond to some of the challenges and attacks.

Kiran Kanwar's MGS swing is about guaranteeing a shallow inside club head path to the ball repeatedly because 1) the club design, 2) the ball design and making physical changes in the golfer's swing that are bio-mechanically "friendly."

On of Dr. Jim Suttie's  pupils/assistants struggled with coming "over the top." In the following video Kiran get's Anthony to lower his right side and twist his chest closed  as pre-sets and lift his arm up his chest to start his swing. At the end of the video are favorable comments by Dr. Suttie about MGS.

The result of Anthony's Pre-twist and Tilt is to completely remove his "over the top" problem and to reduce pressure on his joints and reduce rotational sheer forces on his back.

How does Anthony come down? More on that to come.

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

Problem is that his swing looks nothing like what most of the others are doing and it was a pretty good swing before and a pretty good swing after. BTW I'm still trying to figure out what you mean when you talk about "thumbs horizontal". When are they horizontal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innercity Mini

Right. Minimalist Golf Swing only. My video proves that a big right knee and a swollen right leg can be detriments to an inside path and a lot of other things. I know that there are other places to post "My Swing" on the blog but did so hear to try to respond to some of the challenges and attacks.

Kiran Kanwar's MGS swing is about guaranteeing a shallow inside club head path to the ball repeatedly because 1) the club design, 2) the ball design and making physical changes in the golfer's swing that are bio-mechanically "friendly."

On of Dr. Jim Suttie's  pupils/assistants struggled with coming "over the top." In the following video Kiran get's Anthony to lower his right side and twist his chest closed  as pre-sets and lift his arm up his chest to start his swing. At the end of the video are favorable comments by Dr. Suttie about MGS.

The result of Anthony's Pre-twist and Tilt is to completely remove his "over the top" problem and to reduce pressure on his joints and reduce rotational sheer forces on his back.

How does Anthony come down? More on that to come.

Patrick

Problem is that his swing looks nothing like what most of the others are doing and it was a pretty good swing before and a pretty good swing after.

BTW I'm still trying to figure out what you mean when you talk about "thumbs horizontal". When are they horizontal?

Kiran says that in the video and agrees with your assessment. It is a very good swing with an "over-the-top" problem. The fix is in the spine's pre-twist which sets the weight forward and left side, left knee bent forward, shoulder high while setting the right hip and shoulder back and lower-pre-twisted. As the left arm lifts up the chest from the tricep against the chest the hands and right arm feel dead with both thumbs pointing behind the golfer until the arm gets to about 10 O'clock. Both feet were set with equal weight mid-step but back foot pushes the right hip and shoulder back sending left knee bent and forward creating the shallow guide for the arm lift and club face in the Angle of Approach. The hips are very powerful albeit slow muscles in creating torque and pre-setting them eliminates a lot of problems as does Jim Sutties "No Backswing Swing," especially timing issues, "over-the-top" issues, head movement issues and arm drop issues as the hands are already in the slot as the hip turns to impact.

It is hard to unlearn the use of "Power Accumulator #2" the vertically cocked left wrist, but the gain in timing allows for full control of the back of left hand for controlling the club face!

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

I'm sure his thumbs have to flash past "horizontal" at some point (like in any other swing) but they are nowhere near horizontal when his left arm is at 9:00 o'clock. And the club shaft and his left arm are forming a right triangle when the left arm is at 9:00 o'clock (which means his wrists cocked to that point from what they were at address. After 9:00 o'clock that angle increases even more. Seems people are saying one thing and doing quite another and throwing out the phrase "over the top" where it doesn't exist. I'm at work so I can't put the swing on V1 or anything, and I doubt it I would waste the time to do it anyway, but there's not much, if any, over the top in that before swing. Big shock that closing the shoulders encourages an in to out path (sarcasm).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innercity Mini

Kiran says that in the video and agrees with your assessment. It is a very good swing with an "over-the-top" problem. The fix is in the spine's pre-twist which sets the weight forward and left side, left knee bent forward, shoulder high while setting the right hip and shoulder back and lower-pre-twisted. As the left arm lifts up the chest from the tricep against the chest the hands and right arm feel dead with both thumbs pointing behind the golfer until the arm gets to about 10 O'clock. Both feet were set with equal weight mid-step but back foot pushes the right hip and shoulder back sending left knee bent and forward creating the shallow guide for the arm lift and club face in the Angle of Approach. The hips are very powerful albeit slow muscles in creating torque and pre-setting them eliminates a lot of problems as does Jim Sutties "No Backswing Swing," especially timing issues, "over-the-top" issues, head movement issues and arm drop issues as the hands are already in the slot as the hip turns to impact.

It is hard to unlearn the use of "Power Accumulator #2" the vertically cocked left wrist, but the gain in timing allows for full control of the back of left hand for controlling the club face!

Patrick

I'm sure his thumbs have to flash past "horizontal" at some point (like in any other swing) but they are nowhere near horizontal when his left arm is at 9:00 o'clock.

And the club shaft and his left arm are forming a right triangle when the left arm is at 9:00 o'clock (which means his wrists cocked to that point from what they were at address. After 9:00 o'clock that angle increases even more.

Seems people are saying one thing and doing quite another and throwing out the phrase "over the top" where it doesn't exist.

I'm at work so I can't put the swing on V1 or anything, and I doubt it I would waste the time to do it anyway, but there's not much, if any, over the top in that before swing.

Big shock that closing the shoulders encourages an in to out path (sarcasm).

Kiran would be the first to say that keeping the right side lower than the left and the pre-twist are the magic moves of her system-there are only a very few of her student videos who do her entire system perfectly. Keeping the left arm lifting along the chest with "dead hands" and horizontal thumbs adds extra linear acceleration to the pre-set body mass into the ball. I still forget that sometimes and the swing works well-when I remember the dead hands feeling, I get extra power and distance.

Kiran says the "what " of her system is set while the "how" is evolving.

As Americans we are use to perfectly thought out solutions which are advertised as such-Kiran's MGS is not perfect but highly effective in my opinion.

Cheers :beer: good luck in trying it!

Patrick

MGS Fan

you sure don't have the intellectual firepower to win the argument straight out.

LOL. Nothing like bringing it back to the 90's by trash talking on the internet.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

LOL.

Nothing like bringing it back to the 90's by trash talking on the internet.

Sometimes that stuff happens but we are on the straight and narrow now and just talking about the good and bad parts of the MGS swing, The Pre-Set Kinwar uses lowers the right side and head below the left and pre-turns the shoulders. You can see it here:

Good luck in trying it!

Patrick

MGS Fan

Sometimes that stuff happens but we are on the straight and narrow now and just talking about the good and bad parts of the MGS swing, The Pre-Set Kinwar uses lowers the right side and head below the left and pre-turns the shoulders. You can see it here: Good luck in trying it!

Please don't mistake my posting in this thread for anything more than finding internet fighting to be humorous and therefore not a suggestion that I have any interest in trying it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Heck I wouldn't even know where to begin if I did want to try it because everybody does it differently. The only thing I know for sure is that I sure wouldn't use either the version of it that the woman that invented it uses or any facsimile thereof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Please don't mistake my posting in this thread for anything more than finding internet fighting to be humorous and therefore not a suggestion that I have any interest in trying it.

Heck I wouldn't even know where to begin if I did want to try it because everybody does it differently.

The only thing I know for sure is that I sure wouldn't use either the version of it that the woman that invented it uses or any facsimile thereof.

No worries, good luck!

Patrick

MGS Fan

Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!