IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GameDay will be at Miss State this weekend for the Auburn game, a mere two hours from me. Alas, fate curses me into not being able to attend. So many sign ideas, so little opportunity.

Yeah looking good for Auburn right now. I'm as big an Alabama fan as there is (it was required to live in our household as a kid) but I have no problem with losing some games. Maybe some of the bandwagon riders will jump over to ya'll if we lose a couple more. ;-) We did attend all Auburn games that were played at Legion Field and a few down at Auburn so I'm not a hater either. Even went down to Jacksonville and watched Auburn play Texas in the Gator Bowl one year. Should be a big deal in Starkville on Saturday (sort of like it was in "The Grove" last Saturday). You have to watch teams that are playing for something bigger than they've ever played for in their lives.
  • Upvote 1

As for Bama, I ain't a hater. All my poor Bama friends are beside themselves. There are going to be years like this. You can't play for the title every season. Great win for Ole Miss. Terrible about Kenyan Drake. Reminded me of Tyrone Prothro's injury. Hope it won't be as bad as that.

Sorry Alabama fans but you can't horde players like you use to. Though you do like to oversign players and then ruthlessly cut them if they get an injury or underperform. Still, back in Bear Bryant's days he had over 100 players. It is no shocker that he won a lot when you can go three deep.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry Alabama fans but you can't horde players like you use to. Though you do like to oversign players and then ruthlessly cut them if they get an injury or underperform. Still, back in Bear Bryant's days he had over 100 players. It is no shocker that he won a lot when you can go three deep.

I read an article about this a while back.  Alabama was specifically noted as one of the worst offenders, IIRC, though it was noted to be occurring at a lot of schools and most of the SEC schools in particular.   But I thought I read something earlier this year about an attempt to curb this practice...    I am sure they should crack down on it.   IMHO, once you give a kid a scholarship, you shouldn't be able to revoke it just because you found somebody you think is better..  You thought he was good enough in the first place, so live with the choice.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

OMG. The horror.

Verbal commitments are not binding either so it cuts both ways. On National Signing Day kids can and do change their minds all the time and teams almost have to figure in some no-shows for signing day.

I read an article about this a while back.  Alabama was specifically noted as one of the worst offenders, IIRC, though it was noted to be occurring at a lot of schools and most of the SEC schools in particular.   But I thought I read something earlier this year about an attempt to curb this practice...    I am sure they should crack down on it.   IMHO, once you give a kid a scholarship, you shouldn't be able to revoke it just because you found somebody you think is better..  You thought he was good enough in the first place, so live with the choice.

Couldn't agree more, especially in the case of injuries.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

We've been hearing all these ideas about players wanting unionize and get paid. It might be more practical to guarantee the scholarships as long as the athlete goes to class and follows the rules.

Do you think the SEC schools precipitated the current unionization themes in college athletics?

Sorry OP, somebody had to ask.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

At Florida the scholarship is renewed for 4 years (maybe even the 5th). We had a coach a while back (won't say who) that would ride a kid until he quit so it would free up the scholarship. Everywhere, kids that don't pan out are encouraged to find a better situation rather than ride the pine.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I know Ohio State offers the most 4 year scholarships across all thei athletics. Not sure about football, but I think it is a great idea. Though I think in some instances they should be performance based, and if they can't maybe it can be rolled over into a general scholarship. So let's say a kid is on a 4 year scholarship and gets injured and can't play again. I don't think it's fair to either the kid or the school to loose an athletic scholarship spot. So why not roll it over into a general scholarship. Really I think the schools can afford it for those rare cases. Not sure how often it happens.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Lol "scholarship". The wordsmiths on this site should be cringing. I do know of men that made the most of the offering, but I suspect the majority are there for a "sportsmanship".

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Wow!!! From out of left field...Todd Gurley suspended indefinitely.

I think that puts them down to about their 4th string running back this Saturday against Missou.

No details yet.

And the Bulldogs lose out again....

Tom R.

And the Bulldogs lose out again....

Looks like he may have sold autographs or something. Of course Johnny Manziel did the same thing with only a half game suspension.

Usually suspended Georgia players end up playing quarterback for Auburn. ;-)

Auburn may need some help. It looks like they are losing their fan base.

Tom R.

Usually suspended Georgia players end up playing quarterback for Auburn.

Don't forget the ones from Florida too.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

@MS256 How you feel about this classy lady? Not a true fan if you quit your team after a loss. If that was OK, I would have quit Auburn two seasons ago and I'd have to quit the Browns every year. I have no patience for frontrunners.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/video-alabama-fan-quits-tide-pledges-allegiance-another-sec-west-team/

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

@MS256 How you feel about this classy lady? Not a true fan if you quit your team after a loss. If that was OK, I would have quit Auburn two seasons ago and I'd have to quit the Browns every year. I have no patience for frontrunners.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/video-alabama-fan-quits-tide-pledges-allegiance-another-sec-west-team/

First of all good riddance to her.

I figure she will jump ship on MSU after tomorrow and will make another video wearing her new Auburn colors.

P.S. I wish Alabama would pick up one of those suspended quarterbacks. The last Alabama quarterback to be a legitimate starter in the NFL was Richard Todd...in the mid 70s. :bugout:

To go that many years without a quarterback has to be some kind of a record.

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!