IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...it never ends with Winston. The kid lacks any shred of common sense or maturity.

It's a weird time to be an FSU fan. Thrilled with the on-field success (after 10+ years of sputtering) but I can't take any more of the off-field stuff that comes with Winston.

Nervous that he might miss time and cost FSU games, but also strangely relieved that the Winston saga might be over. Mixed feelings for sure.

I'd worry more about the NCAA bringing down the hammer. Penn State didn't investigate the Sandusky incident. Now FSU and the police are being investigate for misleading a possible rape investigation. In that case it doesn't matter if Winston is guilty or not. If the school is found that they did mislead a criminal investigation about a star football player. I don't see how the NCAA doesn't bring down the hammer on FSU like they did PSU. I would see similar penalties, both in recruiting and multi-year bowl ban, as well as fines.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

...it never ends with Winston. The kid lacks any shred of common sense or maturity.

It's a weird time to be an FSU fan. Thrilled with the on-field success (after 10+ years of sputtering) but I can't take any more of the off-field stuff that comes with Winston.

Nervous that he might miss time and cost FSU games, but also strangely relieved that the Winston saga might be over. Mixed feelings for sure.

Florida State was one of only a few teams besides Alabama that I rooted for. Last year I rooted for them even through the Winston saga because I knew the defensive coordinator and wanted him to have success.

I can't say the same this year and enough is enough. He epitomizes the athlete that gets off scot free for his actions that will probably end up committing a crime he can't get out of some day.

I'd worry more about the NCAA bringing down the hammer. Penn State didn't investigate the Sandusky incident. Now FSU and the police are being investigate for misleading a possible rape investigation. In that case it doesn't matter if Winston is guilty or not. If the school is found that they did mislead a criminal investigation about a star football player. I don't see how the NCAA doesn't bring down the hammer on FSU like they did PSU. I would see similar penalties, both in recruiting and multi-year bowl ban, as well as fines.

No doubt. That scenario is a very real concern for me. I didn't even want to mention it in my first post and I'm trying to remain positive.

No doubt. That scenario is a very real concern for me. I didn't even want to mention it in my first post and I'm trying to remain positive.

One thing I know for sure is that FSU put me in a bind for this weekend's game. I have never rooted for Notre Dame in a sporting event of any kind in my life. I would have rooted for the University of Moscow against them during the cold war.

As I said I usually was sort of an FSU fan before all of this (especially during the Bowden years)...so...

:hmm:

LoL the radio guys said FSU fans would forgive Winston if he joined ISIS

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

If any of the allegations against Winston and/or FSU turn out out to be true, FSU will be in deep excrement.   Hindering an investigation into rape/sexual assault would be the next best (worst) thing to what happened at Penn State and if proven true, the repercussions will be severe and long lasting.

The autographs thing is small potatoes compared to the rape/sexual assault charges but, with that said, I  think Georgia suspending Gurley will probably save them from dealing with a situation like Ohio State had a couple years back.     If one remembers the Auburn/Cam Newton deal, Auburn suspended Cam and then appealed to the NCAA to reinstate him.   The NCAA did so and thus relieved Auburn for culpability/forfeited wins/lost scholarships.    Not choosing to go this route should be troubling to FSU fans.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

It goes way beyond Winston at FSU. It is the culture in Tallahassee, particularly with the cops. NYT did an extensive report on the goings-on down there and it is quite revealing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?module=Search&mabReward;=relbias%3Ar%2C%7B%221%22%3A%22RI%3A7%22%7D

Bill M

It goes way beyond Winston at FSU. It is the culture in Tallahassee, particularly with the cops. NYT did an extensive report on the goings-on down there and it is quite revealing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?module=Search&mabReward;=relbias%3Ar%2C%7B%221%22%3A%22RI%3A7%22%7D

If the NCAA does anything right, it will bring down the hammer on FSU. This is a clear case of "lack of institutional control".

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Bo Jackson about trying to give Jamis Winston advice:

"I really don't know who is giving this young man guidance. I have communicated with him and I just talked to him like I was his dad. The things that you need to do. And this was before the incident where he was (suspended) from the baseball team (for stealing crab legs).

I'm the type of person, I will go out of my way to help anybody. Normally, I don't like giving people advice if I haven't been down that road myself. But if I give you advice on something that I know more about than you by just falling out of bed in the morning, if you can't take that advice and learn from it, then I've got nothing else to do with the situation. You're on your own."

"If I told you what I told him, it'll probably singe the hairs in your ears."

Of all the people to take an interest in you, Bo Jackson is someone you'd think would carry some weight. There's just no talking to some people.

I guess I find it a little odd that Bo would say anything about it. Not sure why he feels the need.

Bo was and is humane. Winston is not cut from that cloth.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Could Tennessee be a trap for Ole Miss?

One side of me thinks not a chance but the other side says Tennessee is due (or overdue) for something like that.

Could Tennessee be a trap for Ole Miss?

One side of me thinks not a chance but the other side says Tennessee is due (or overdue) for something like that.

No turnovers, keep it a low scoring game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Indiana looks respectable, but those helmets are terrible.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

While watching the Alabama game it dawned on me what this year's team reminds me of. I coached a couple of twins one time in baseball that would watch the opposing pitcher warming up and decide among themselves if they could hit him or not. If they decided they could hit him I could count on at least a couple of home runs each out of them. If they decided they could not I might as well go ahead and write them both down for 0 for 4s. Alabama is just like those twins. If they decide they can beat you, you better look out and if they decide they can't they might as well pack up and go home. ;-)

Indiana looks respectable, but those helmets are terrible.

FTFY, errr, FTFM.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

While watching the Alabama game it dawned on me what this year's team reminds me of. I coached a couple of twins one time in baseball that would watch the opposing pitcher warming up and decide among themselves if they could hit him or not. If they decided they could hit him I could count on at least a couple of home runs each out of them. If they decided they could not I might as well go ahead and write them both down for 0 for 4s. Alabama is just like those twins. If they decide they can beat you, you better look out and if they decide they can't they might as well pack up and go home. ;-)

Naw, not gonna go there. I was listening to Blake Sims after the game. The recievers, he said, finally realized they had to get open and he would get them the ball. Sims is meeting the media head on. Saban is letting him talk. Sims led me to believe some gel occurred last game as a team. He used a team roar late as an example. There is an inspirational excellence working I hope. Uh, did I just sound like a Bama Fan? Hell yeah. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Tom R.

Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!