IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow!!   Indiana beats Mizzou!   Good win for the B1G!   Looks like they are having a pretty good day, other than Utah beating Michigan (at home, no less!).  Not sure what that says about Mizzou but I am sure it isn't good.

Watching Miss St. beat LSU at the moment and seeing that several top 25 teams are struggling with their opponents.   Maybe this is one of those upset Saturdays.....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was at the OSU versus Cinci game today, and this happened!

Lets just say, OSU Assistant 1, Idiot who runs onto the field 0 :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POL-4Kg_H4c[/VIDEO]

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Of all the sports where you might run onto the field, college football has got to be one of the worst. You have two entire sidelines rammed full of guys that know how to make an open field tackle. The only worse idea I've ever seen was the idiot that jumped in a hockey penalty box with Tie Domi.

I don't know much about Brady Hoke but his explanations for leaving his quarterback in the game (and putting him back in after one play) are ridiculous.

The part about the player waving him off that he was okay. Players always want to stay in the game. The coaching staff is supposed to be the adult in the room at that point.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/brady-hoke-goes-on-the-defensive-in-monday-presser/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

I don't know much about Brady Hoke but his explanations for leaving his quarterback in the game (and putting him back in after one play) are ridiculous.

The part about the player waving him off that he was okay. Players always want to stay in the game. The coaching staff is supposed to be the adult in the room at that point.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/brady-hoke-goes-on-the-defensive-in-monday-presser/

Now did Hoke not know the player was being evaluated, I have no clue. If he did and still called his name to go back in, then he needs to be banned from coaching. There are few things that I think can get a coach banned. Playing a player who has concussion symptoms, and who has not been cleared by the medical team is one of them.

On clear issue is that Hoke doesn't wear a headset. So he NEEDS a person by his side that can tell him who is available or not. If not he needs to be more aware of the conditions of his players.

Quote:
Asked if he had spoken about his job performance or the Morris injury with Michigan Athletics Director Dave Brandon , Hoke said “No.” Hoke was also asked if he would wear a headset moving forward. “No,” was his response.

Quote:

Brandon's statement said the team neurologist noticed the symptoms of a concussion and made his way down the sideline to check Morris' health. Morris remained in the game for one play before he was pulled to the sideline. He returned to the field for one additional play later in that drive despite not being cleared for action by the medical staff.

Sounds to me that Hoke didn't know Morris was being evaluated by the medical staff, which is major oversight on his part. If he didn't care I am sure he would have played Morris the rest of the game. Sounds like he didn't know, and then was informed and then proceeded to take Morris out after that one additional play.

In the end, still major oversight on Hoke and his staff. Just adds to the plague of problems at *ichigan right now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I suppose the buck always stops with a head coach. If anything Hoke needed to have the procedures in place that would have made it clear that the player was unavailable. The medical staff needs to make it clear to a coach if a player is not available. Perhaps those procedures were not in place and Hoke really didn't know. Lord knows that enough things are going on during a football game that an HC doesn't really have time to go research the matter on his own.

Maybe this is a microcosm of what's gone wrong the TTUN's program overall. Hoke may be a good football coach (like an assistant coach), but he might not be a very good manager.

Man that coach who tackled the guy is jacked.

Driver-:cleve: 588 Custom 9.0   

Woods-:cleve: Launcher 3 and 5 wood 

Irons- :mizuno: JPX 825 4-GW

wedges-:cleve: CG14 60* and and :callaway: x series jaws 56*

putter-:nike: Method Core Drone

Man that coach who tackled the guy is jacked.

Former Ohio State Linebacker and now assistant strength and conditioning coach. ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Looking forward to the rubber hitting the road in the SEC West for the next few weeks. I'm still predicting that nobody is going undefeated in conference and a 2 loss winner wouldn't surprise me at all.

Alabama "fans" are driving me crazy:

1. They start taking "Championships" before anybody even knows if they are any good at all.

2. They can't accept that Sims is the quarterback for a reason. He's better than Coker (by quite a bit).

3. They can't accept the Lane Kiffin is the OC. He's the best OC we've had in the Saban era (by quite a bit).

My "fan" predictions (that are going to have me completely nuts by the end of the season):

1. We will lose and when we do it will be Sims' fault (in their minds).

2. We will lose and when we do it will be Kiffin's fault (in their minds).

"That's Edward Mears, Michigan law student, wearing an Ohio State sweatshirt in protest; he told Jesse he wouldn't wear Wolverine gear again until Brandon was gone."

You know the current conditions at that school up north are bad when you get the students to wear Ohio State Merchandise! :bugout:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Looking forward to this weekend's games.

Get to see (once again) if the Mississippi teams are good or if they just thought they were good.

Don't know what to make of LSU/Auburn. The smart money is probably on Auburn but I'm not so sure that LSU isn't better than what they've shown so far.

Notre Dame/Stanford will be interesting.

I figure Ohio State and Oklahoma are safe this week but definitely not gimmie games.

I think Florida and Tennessee play this week (haven't checked for sure). For some reason I'm intrigued by that game even though it should mean nothing to me other than I do want both teams to start being legitimate again.

Good chance of a few upsets this week.

Update on this knucklehead......he's an Evans Scholarship engineering student.  Soon to be a former Evans Scholarship recipient......

** UPDATE **

According to the Western Golf Association Evans Scholars Foundation, Wunder has been suspended from all Evans Scholars activities and removed from the residence, but remains on scholarship pending the outcome of an internal investigation. Wunder's lawyer, Mark Collins, told media that Wunder had lost his scholarship.

** ORIGINAL STORY **

The Ohio State student who became an Internet joke after being body-slammed by an Ohio State coach is losing his academic scholarship.

Anthony Wunder, 21, ran onto the field during last Saturday’s Ohio State home victory against Cincinnati and as he got close to the Ohio State bench, he was stopped and slammed by assistant strength and conditioning coach Anthony Schlegel, a former Ohio State linebacker.

Wunder, a fourth-year engineering student, is part of the Evans Scholars program, which provides tuition and housing for former golf caddies. Because Wunder is facing charges of misdemeanor criminal trespassing, the program revoked his scholarship and housing privileges, according to his attorney Mark Collins.

Collins entered a not-guilty plea.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he did have a talk with Schlegel about the hit.

"I appreciated him protecting our players," Meyer said earlier this week. "[But] I'd rather him not have a lawsuit if something bad would happen, you drill a guy like that.

"So we had a partial-serious conversation. And we also gave him a 'Hit City' award, our team, and had a little fun with it, too."

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Update on this knucklehead......he's an Evans Scholarship engineering student.  Soon to be a former Evans Scholarship recipient......

google_ad_section_start ** UPDATE **

According to the Western Golf Association Evans Scholars Foundation, Wunder has been suspended from all Evans Scholars activities and removed from the residence, but remains on scholarship pending the outcome of an internal investigation. Wunder's lawyer, Mark Collins, told media that Wunder had lost his scholarship.

** ORIGINAL STORY **

The Ohio State student who became an Internet joke after being body-slammed by an Ohio State coach is losing his academic scholarship.

Anthony Wunder, 21, ran onto the field during last Saturday’s Ohio State home victory against Cincinnati and as he got close to the Ohio State bench, he was stopped and slammed by assistant strength and conditioning coach Anthony Schlegel, a former Ohio State linebacker.

Wunder, a fourth-year engineering student, is part of the Evans Scholars program, which provides tuition and housing for former golf caddies. Because Wunder is facing charges of misdemeanor criminal trespassing, the program revoked his scholarship and housing privileges, according to his attorney Mark Collins.

Collins entered a not-guilty plea.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he did have a talk with Schlegel about the hit.

"I appreciated him protecting our players," Meyer said earlier this week. "[But] I'd rather him not have a lawsuit if something bad would happen, you drill a guy like that.

"So we had a partial-serious conversation. And we also gave him a 'Hit City' award, our team, and had a little fun with it, too."

I don't know the full details of the scholarship, like academic and other clauses that must be met to maintain it. If there is no clause in there about how a person should act outside the class room, then I think he could sue for his scholarship back. They are basically contracts.

In the end, don't run onto the field.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!