IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know the full details of the scholarship, like academic and other clauses that must be met to maintain it. If there is no clause in there about how a person should act outside the class room, then I think he could sue for his scholarship back. They are basically contracts.

In the end, don't run onto the field.

I would be VERY surprised if, given the nature of the Evans scholarship, it didn't have some sort of conduct clause.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would be VERY surprised if, given the nature of the Evans scholarship, it didn't have some sort of conduct clause.....

:doh:

I wonder what kind of explosion goes off in a fourth year engineering student's head to make him think it would be a good idea to go down and run around on the field.

I can see it from a freshmen that's only going to college to have a semester or two of partying on daddy's dime before he flunks out.

:doh: I wonder what kind of explosion goes off in a fourth year engineering student's head to make him think it would be a good idea to go down and run around on the field. I can see it from a freshmen that's only going to college to have a semester or two of partying on daddy's dime before he flunks out.

There couldn't POSSIBLY have been any alcohol involved ........ ;-)

In David's bag....

I wonder what kind of explosion goes off in a fourth year engineering student's head to make him think it would be a good idea to go down and run around on the field.

I can see it from a freshmen that's only going to college to have a semester or two of partying on daddy's dime before he flunks out.

This

There couldn't POSSIBLY have been any alcohol involved ........

I bet there were a few of his buddies keep talking him into it. Usually it is peer pressure + some form of inhibitor reducing substance.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

There couldn't POSSIBLY have been any alcohol involved ........

As someone who will admit to enjoying alcohol entirely too much, it never was enough to make that seem like a good idea .

Punishment does seem a tad bit harsh, but he knew the deal going in.

Hey I didn't realize Oregon/Arizona was tonight until a few minutes ago. Could be a decent game.

Of course I would pick Oregon (as I always do no matter who they are playing) but maybe Arizona will put up a fight.

Hey I didn't realize Oregon/Arizona was tonight until a few minutes ago. Could be a decent game. Of course I would pick Oregon (as I always do no matter who they are playing) but maybe Arizona will put up a fight.

I'm just hoping for a better game than the NFL one tonight.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I'm just hoping for a better game than the NFL one tonight.

What the heck do you mean? This has been an OUTSTANDING game tonight! :banana:

In David's bag....

Good grief. I thought I was watching a football game but instead I'm watching officials throw flags...whether there is a penalty or not.

Hey I didn't realize Oregon/Arizona was tonight until a few minutes ago. Could be a decent game. Of course I would pick Oregon (as I always do no matter who they are playing) but maybe Arizona will put up a fight.

And they did put up quite a fight.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quack, Quack...I heard a lot of chirping from Oregon fans about how the Noles shouldn't be number 1. Welp, that worked itself out. B-)

Until Bama whips Ole Miss and they take #1. I'm not an Oregon fan either but FSU doesn't look like a #1 to me. They struggled with Okie St, Clemson, and NC State.

Kevin

Until Bama whips Ole Miss and they take #1. I'm not an Oregon fan either but FSU doesn't look like a #1 to me. They struggled with Okie St, Clemson, and NC State.

Truth be told...I agree. I actually feel lucky that they got to 4-0. I'm hoping they worked some of the kinks out and blow out Wake this weekend like they are supposed to.

• Upvote 1

Truth be told...I agree. I actually feel lucky that they got to 4-0. I'm hoping they worked some of the kinks out and blow out Wake this weekend like they are supposed to.

That's fair. I'm kinda hoping none of the power conferences run the table this year. I wanna see how Taysom Hill (BYU QB) holds up in the playoff. Oh yeah, and Hook 'em!! We're going to destroy Baylor tomorrow and OU next weekend. You heard it here first. Charlie Strong is the savior!! //end sarcasm//

Kevin

That's fair. I'm kinda hoping none of the power conferences run the table this year. I wanna see how Taysom Hill (BYU QB) holds up in the playoff.

Oh yeah, and Hook 'em!! We're going to destroy Baylor tomorrow and OU next weekend. You heard it here first. Charlie Strong is the savior!! //end sarcasm//

Yeah, I have to be realistic. FSU was supposed to have the best o-line in the country, but they have looked fairly average so far, especially run-blocking.

I'd love to see BYU get their shot in a playoff.

Gonna be a great Saturday though. Tremendous slate of games! :beer:

And they did put up quite a fight.

Good game (except for the penalties).

I didn't realize how weak Oregon's offensive line was and I thought Arizona had the better team.

P.S. I wonder what Michigan fans thought while watching Arizona last night???

I'm not looking forward to the Alabama/Ole Miss game Saturday. Just don't have a good feeling about it. Fortunately I have to work so I won't be able to watch live. If they lose I'll hit delete.

Good game (except for the penalties).

I didn't realize how weak Oregon's offensive line was and I thought Arizona had the better team.

P.S. I wonder what Michigan fans thought while watching Arizona last night???

I'm not looking forward to the Alabama/Ole Miss game Saturday. Just don't have a good feeling about it. Fortunately I have to work so I won't be able to watch live. If they lose I'll hit delete.

I thought about that too!   What I really wonder is, just how badly they wish they hadn't run Carr out of the job in the first place.  When RichRod was at Michigan, they scored a lot of points, but they couldn't stop anybody else from scoring.   All he really needed was an upgrade at D-coordinator.  Had he done that they would've been tough to handle in the B1G.  His biggest problem was, he didnt energize their fan base.  Honestly, Michigan seems to have gotten caught up in the same type of deal that Mizzou dealt with for years...    Letting the alum have too much say in who the coach is.   That drug Mizzou down for a lot of years in the Big 8/12 and it seems to be doing the same to Michigan in the B1G.

Speaking of Mizzou....    Lose to a perrenial bottom feeder in a weak conference one week, then beat #13 in the country the next.....    Wow!    Pinkel sure knows how to keep fans on their toes!  LOL   I just hope that win was the start of another run and not just the years top highlight..

I have said all year I didn't think FSU was unbeatable and frankly, I am curious now to see how Winston would react to losing.   He seems a little too immature to handle it well....

And yeah, my favorite play of the week was that OSU coach slamming the idiot.   Damn I loved that!!  I just hope he doesnt get sued over it..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I thought about that too!   What I really wonder is, just how badly they wish they hadn't run Carr out of the job in the first place.  When RichRod was at Michigan, they scored a lot of points, but they couldn't stop anybody else from scoring.   All he really needed was an upgrade at D-coordinator.  Had he done that they would've been tough to handle in the B1G.  His biggest problem was, he didnt energize their fan base.  Honestly, Michigan seems to have gotten caught up in the same type of deal that Mizzou dealt with for years...    Letting the alum have too much say in who the coach is.   That drug Mizzou down for a lot of years in the Big 8/12 and it seems to be doing the same to Michigan in the B1G.

I agree with that a lot, though for all the points Rich Rod's offenses put up at *ichigan. His teams averaged 8 points against OSU in their rivalry games. :whistle:

Honestly I don't think it is fair to kick Hoke to the curb for his results. This being his 3rd year, his first year recruits are finally juniors. He has brought in very good recruiting classes the past 2 years. With the style of play he wants to run, he is a 180 from Rich Rod. So I think he's done a good job using the players he probably would not have recruited. In a scenario like that, I think they should at least give him 4-5 years in the system. Allow those first two recruiting classes get to juniors and seniors so you can actually see the true form of what he can accomplish. If he fails during that time, then he's gone. Now if he recruited like crap the past three years, then he needs to be kicked out. *ichigan should be able to bring in recruits, that is the main requirement of any big program like *ichigan, recruiting.

I agree, *ichigan is what ND is fighting with as well, there is a disconnect between tradition and the future. OSU has done a great job transitioning away from Woody Hayes, and still keeping the fan base engaged. I think *ichigan, those who have the money and the power are fighting the modern trend in football. You can see it in the stands now, the students don't want to show up.

One of Meyer's biggest goals at OSU was to engage the student body. Get them involved, have some vested interest in the football team.*ichigan has lost that. They don't realize that their brand is dying.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!