IGNORED

San Diego trip 4th of July week

hackerandloveit
Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be going to San Diego Monday through Friday 4th of July week. I plan on hitting Torrey pines that week. I have a question for people with the resident card. Your cost is $61 a round. Do you get the same rate for a guest? If so, is there anybody that wants to play a round that week for free? I will pay for your round. $121 for two people vs $183 for one just makes more sense. And it would give me somebody to play with. I will have time one round while I'm there so I want to make sure it counts. Torrey pines is on my list of courses to play.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

I will be going to San Diego Monday through Friday 4th of July week. I plan on hitting Torrey pines that week. I have a question for people with the resident card. Your cost is $61 a round. Do you get the same rate for a guest? If so, is there anybody that wants to play a round that week for free? I will pay for your round. $121 for two people vs $183 for one just makes more sense. And it would give me somebody to play with.

I will have time one round while I'm there so I want to make sure it counts. Torrey pines is on my list of courses to play.

As far as I know, the resident card doesn't extend to guests. You could call Torrey Pines to double check.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good point.

and let us know what they say!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 2 weeks later...

As a birthday gift from my wife, we're flying to SD to visit my sister and play a round at Torrey that same week.  The website says residents get a better rate but can only make reservations 1 week in advance or camp out for early times.  Non-residents pay more, but can make reservations 90 days in advance.

My question for the San Deigeons among us:  North or South?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

As a birthday gift from my wife, we're flying to SD to visit my sister and play a round at Torrey that same week.  The website says residents get a better rate but can only make reservations 1 week in advance or camp out for early times.  Non-residents pay more, but can make reservations 90 days in advance.

My question for the San Deigeons among us:  North or South?

I say South.  It's longer, harder, more famous.

North is easier, shorter and still quite pretty.  Especially from the 6th tee...

But if you want to watch the US Open in 2021 or highlights of '08, and say "Hey, I birdied that hole!  Why can't you, Tiger?!?!?!" then you gotta play the South. :beer:

P.S.  Pretty sure it's "San Diego-ites."  Might also be "San Diego-Uns" but I'm not totally sure. :-P

• Upvote 1

I say South.  It's longer, harder, more famous.

North is easier, shorter and still quite pretty.  Especially from the 6th tee...

But if you want to watch the US Open in 2021 or highlights of '08, and say "Hey, I birdied that hole!  Why can't you, Tiger?!?!?!" then you gotta play the South.

P.S.  Pretty sure it's "San Diego-ites."  Might also be "San Diego-Uns" but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks for the advice!

And you're right, it would like to watch the US Open, or Farmer's and see the same holes I played.  I think I'll go with that.

I think Ron Burgundy settled on "San Diegans." :beer:

• 01:11:20 Ed, let's hold on. Let's count to 10.

• 01:11:23 That's a rash decision. ls this about something else?

• 01:11:27 Ed, there's 300 very angry San Diego-ites.

• 01:11:31 San Diego-ins. San Diego-uns.

• 01:11:34 - San Dieg-ons. - San Diegans.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

And you're right, it would like to watch the US Open, or Farmer's and see the same holes I played.  I think I'll go with that.

But you can do that with either course ... assuming you watch Thursday or Friday. :beer:

Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!