IGNORED

Best previous model 3 woods that are still relevant

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Global golf is legit. I know you said you want to avoid online, but I've ordered 3 clubs from them and every one of them came in much better condition than than they listed. I bought a demo driver that was said to be very good, it looked brand new.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Global golf is legit. I know you said you want to avoid online, but I've ordered 3 clubs from them and every one of them came in much better condition than than they listed. I bought a demo driver that was said to be very good, it looked brand new.

ok I will take a look and see what they ahve

Good idea, one I just looked up is priced good too.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Consider a Callaway Big Bertha Warbird, with the sole area recessed under the heel and toe. Might be good as is, or reshafted with a recent, lighter graphite. The Warbird shaft is a bore-through, so you would have to find the right clubsmith for a reshaft.

I got a Warbird "Strong 4" and it goes dead straight. The shaft, however, is a heavier, Stiff early graphite, and I don't get much distance.

(I bought it for $12 about two months after I got a Tour Edge XRail 4W and 7W).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Always great to hear members had a good experience with one of our sponsors, thanks

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I play a sonartec SS 2.5 3 wood.  I love the head, great size, I would consider it shallow by today's standard, not small but not really big either by today's standard.  Real fujikura shaft came standard.  I would consider it mid flight, not a ton of spin.

I have hit it outside against plenty of other newer woods, I really don't feel like I am giving up anything playing it over something new.  I would imagine that you could find one in good shape for $50 or less.

I play a sonartec SS 2.5 3 wood.  I love the head, great size, I would consider it shallow by today's standard, not small but not really big either by today's standard.  Real fujikura shaft came standard.  I would consider it mid flight, not a ton of spin.

I have hit it outside against plenty of other newer woods, I really don't feel like I am giving up anything playing it over something new.  I would imagine that you could find one in good shape for $50 or less.

what he said! i would add most any sonartec fairway wood.

Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 wood is a bomber. A great option off the tee on bad driver days. I will also say that the V-steel is a great club. Another solid performer is the Cleveland Launcher.

yeah I thought about reshafting that v-stee. But it is also gone now too. There is another old taylormade at golfgalaxy. Not sure what it is but I saw it yesterday. It's $7. Might go find out what it is and see what you guys know about it. I have been thinking about waiting around for a 910 because the pga store has a lefty one for 40 bucks. If I can find a righty for that price I will definitely buy it. Do they have two versions of the 910 like that have had in the past? If so, which is the shallow face one? And unfortunately I was also too slow to act on an R7 I found and it's gone too. Obviously I am in a golf hot spot (3 stores  within a mile of each other) and unfortunately most people around here have much more money to drop on a whim for an old school club so they disappear fast.

If you still want an R7 ST 3 wood, contact me?

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a used Taylormade RBZ stage 2 3 wood standard lie and I absolutely love it. I don't even hit my PING G10 driver anymore. I consistently hit this club 275 and sometimes even more. I got the club for $67 and it was essentially in brand new condition. The one thing I do urge you to do is go try different flexes. This rocketfuel shaft is a bit stiffer so I went with a regular shaft when everything else in my bag is stiff.

Dylan

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!