IGNORED

TIGER WOODS 2008 - 2 More Days!

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You may want to check again, I downloaded the demo last night

Yep, got it today. It's okay, but I think I still prefer 07. It's kinda fun to play in 3-click mode -- like playing a more realistic Hot Shots or something. Hitting it straight takes some patience, but it can be done. It took me four rounds to do it, but I posted birdie, eagle, par on the three demo holes. I'm on the fence. I think I'll wait to see if it goes on sale this weekend in the Sunday flyers.

I was thinking about getting this but I still need to finish up 07. I bought Blue Dragon instead and with Assasins Creed and PGR4 coming out soon I don't know when I will be able to pick it up. I wish that they would come out with another Hot Shots game, I really enjoyed playing it for the original Xbox.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I was thinking about getting this but I still need to finish up 07. I bought Blue Dragon instead and with Assasins Creed and PGR4 coming out soon I don't know when I will be able to pick it up. I wish that they would come out with another Hot Shots game, I really enjoyed playing it for the original Xbox.

Not that my opinion matters, but i reviewed this game for the newspaper I worked for. I, personally, would stay away. If you are a xBox 360 owner, you will be VERY disappointed, and if you are a PS3 owner, like me, you will still be disappointed, just not as much.

The controls suck, thank god the brought back the 3 press method, cause the sticks don't work very well at all. It is darn near imposssible to hit a shot straight, even with a full powered Tiger. Well, it's much easier with Tiger, but still rough, lots of rough. You start off way to weak. Putting is a joke. Nailing 50 foot putts like 6 inch tap ins. Online is as glitchy as last year, maybe worse. I'd stick with 2007. Yeah, 5 new courses and 8 new players, but really a much worse game than last year. BTW, Hot Shots Golf 5 will be released on October 1st, and is a PS3 exclusive.
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

BTW, Hot Shots Golf 5 will be released on October 1st, and is a PS3 exclusive.

That sucks...

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Seems like I've been waiting for this on PS3 for months (probably since I got sick of 07), meant to be out tomorrow here in Ireland but a guy in a shop I tried to bribe today (to sell it early to me) told me that in fact it's not out until 1st Dec which would really suck (it IS out tomorrow for the 360 though)... Also waiting for Hot Shots 5, never played Hot Shots before but from what I've read it's meant to be pretty good fun...
In The Bag:
Cobra F-Speed Driver 10.5°
Cobra F-Speed 3W LD
Cobra Baffler 2 19°
Cobra Baffler 4 23°PING G5 5-WPING Tour 52°PING Tour 58°PING i5 PutterBushnell V2 Rangefinder

I dont know if you guyes errr um.. suck at video games but can it really be that touchy? I have a problem with the Tiger Woods series because im shooting 58 my 3rd time playing the supposed years new title. I agree the putting is something that should've been change in 2005. The mechanics are unrealistic and poor.. I get sick of making everything i look at. In that case i usually just turn caddy tip off and putt with no help what so ever. I will probably buy 07 (which i havent played yet) at discount and rent 08 for comparison and course's. IGN gave it an 8.5/10 so it cant be that horrid.

Hot shots is cool, but games like that and TW make me wish Microsoft would blow everyone away with a new Links golf sim game for 360.. maybe 2009? Im still playing Links 2003 on the regular because its hands down the best golf game ever created. Links players unite!

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I have to say I find it harder to hit it straight, but not impossible. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it. I'm picking up my copy today.
I have to say this is an awesome roster.
Tiger Woods
Vijay Singh
John Daly
Jim Furyk
Chris DiMarco
Luke Donald
Colin Montgomerie
Ian Poulter
Justin Rose
Adam Scott
Mike Weir
Michael Campbell
J.B. Holmes
Paul Casey
Camilo Villegas
Retief Goosen
Annika Sorenstam
Natalie Gulbis
Christie Kerr
Morgan Pressel
Paula Creamer
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

i heard it is looks good but the gameplay sucks... team xbox says 360 owners who own the TW 07 should just stick w/ it rather than pick up the new one...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

for those of us that dont own consoles. Has anyone played it on PC and can discuss it's playability?
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

for those of us that dont own consoles. Has anyone played it on PC and can discuss it's playability?

Downloaded it off BitTorrent for PC to give it a spin anyways (I don't trust EA any further than I can throw it, which believe me is not very far - and I'm definitely not going to plop down $50+ for a game I might end up hating). Not too much special about it, really. Graphics are a tad better but it seems they recycled all the old names and stuff - yet again. Also, the lack of optimization means my laptop is struggling with the graphics, although they aren't that spectacular.

They got rid of the annoying "Shot Mastery" attribute - early in in '07 if you were a hack there's a good chance you couldn't do a shot when you needed. Drives are unrealistically short for the pro's, though - I could only get 300 plus change out of Tiger Woods when you and I both know he's driving it a lot further than that. Bottom line - Not worth $50, although not a terrible game either.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I guess I am the only one, but I love it. :) I have it on the 360. I don't have it on my Wii yet though. Will probably rent it and see how it is on there too.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Drives are unrealistically short for the pro's, though - I could only get 300 plus change out of Tiger Woods when you and I both know he's driving it a lot further than that.

Switch drivers to an 8° and make sure you're both tapping power on the downstroke and having good tempo on the downswing. With my maxed out character, I can routinely hit 330-340 and I've hit a few in the 370 range.

The games still isn't for sale yet in Ireland for the PS3 (release date is apparently 21st Sept) but I've played the 3 hole demo available to download at the Playstation 3 Store, seems to be ok, if the new GamerNet & Gamerface options work as advertised then it could be worth getting, at least to tide me over until Hot Shots 5 gets released (I think in Oct)...
In The Bag:
Cobra F-Speed Driver 10.5°
Cobra F-Speed 3W LD
Cobra Baffler 2 19°
Cobra Baffler 4 23°PING G5 5-WPING Tour 52°PING Tour 58°PING i5 PutterBushnell V2 Rangefinder

I'm torn on the gameplay for the Tiger Woods games. On one hand, I enjoy being able to pull out the miracle shots each and every hole, and seeing just how low I can shoot (My record 18-hole round in that game is -24. Insane round with a double eagle, several eagles, and nothing worse than birdie). But on the other hand, I wish it was a bit more realistic.

One thing I've noticed is you can be playing a tournament, and if your player jumps out to a big lead in the first round the computer will start adjusting the scores of the other players in the next rounds. For instance, I played a tournament where after the first round I was -16, and the guy tied for second on the leaderboard was only at -7. I started the next round, and after completing the first hole I looked at the leaderboard and now the leader is -25. I ended up finishing the tournament at -53, and I somehow didn't place first (I think I was 10th). The computer kept lapping the other players over me after each round.

I like hitting the crazy awesome shots, but I wish they'd make birdies and eagles a little harder to come by. That way, when you get one it would feel like more of an accomplishment.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

I realize these games can be easy but everyone does realize that there are different diffculty settings right?

If you play it on the hardest difficulty it's not quite as easy as everyone seems to think.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I guess i just suck. I bougth 08' for my PS2 and find that when i get in a bunker or rough my scores usually turn to quadruple bogeys and crazy numbers. Oh well i'll play some more practice rounds and maybe get a little better!
Driver 907D1
Hibore XL 9.5 V2 67G S
3 Wood 200 Steel S90 Rifle
Hybrid 3 Baffler
Irons x20 Tours Flighted 6.0's 4-PWedges Oil Can 52.08 Bent to 51* 56:14 Raw Vokey & Mizuno 60*Putter Anser 5 " Probably had it for 12 yearsBall ProV1x

I'm pretty stoked to play it. I probably won't purchase it, but I will at least rent it once. I play TW 2007 on PSP all the time, and I love it. What are the new features for 2008?
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!