IGNORED

not a very good first drive...

infoe
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First swing of the day, fourth time using brand new purchased Ping g25, must have caught it off the hosel because i didn't get any of the ground.

On a lighter note...the driver head must have cleared 50 yards...low spin and pretty good launch angle.

on a hopeful note...can this be fixed as in remove whats inside left of the shaft in the head of the club and replaced with a new shaft?  Or send it to Ping and see what they charge me to fix/replace it?

What is up with Ping and their shafts breaking? I've heard a few other times were Ping's shafts would just break near the hossel.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First swing of the day, fourth time using brand new purchased Ping g25, must have caught it off the hosel because i didn't get any of the ground.

On a lighter note...the driver head must have cleared 50 yards...low spin and pretty good launch angle.

on a hopeful note...can this be fixed as in remove whats inside left of the shaft in the head of the club and replaced with a new shaft?  Or send it to Ping and see what they charge me to fix/replace it?

No problem to fix it but I would expect Ping to do it for no charge since it's brand new. If they didn't I would...well nothing I guess (other than fix it myself and not buy another Ping). ;-)

Hmmm. I'm looking to get a new driver in a couple of months, and my 2 choices were between the Bomb Tech, and G25. All this news about shafts breaking on the G25 is not good, and is making me lean more toward the Bomb Tech driver now.

Not sure were you got it but if it was a big box store they should replace it?

Rodger Dunn is very good with there 90 day play policy, I have never had any issue with them.

Matter of fact when I wanted to try a stiff shaft they let me and said if I liked it keep it, if not bring it back and they would give me my reg one back.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

You can either bring it to where you bought it and have them send it to PING or contact PING and they'll send you a shipping label. BTW had my G25 since it came out, hit range balls with it all the time, traveled with it at least six times in the last year and have had no issues.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yikes! Should have bought a Titleist driver.

I had that happen once, on a brand new Tayormade driver many years ago. I took it back to the golf shop I purchased it at, and they replaced it.

I've heard, that with new drivers. If the shaft is gonna break, it will break within a few weeks of use. If it doesn't break within that time period, it will never break. Probably a poor job of installation.

Is that an older model? I thought the new G25s were adjustable.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Ping sent me a label and is expediting repairs. I asked local dealer and they said same thing about shaft. Sometimes shaft have problems from the get go. In either case i should be good shortly

A buddy of mine had that happen last year with a brand new (as in this was the first time he took it to the course) Adams driver.    He bought it at Golfsmith, so he went back there.   They swapped him a new shaft while we shopped around in the store.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!