IGNORED

Did anyone see the drive, chip, and putt competition Sunday at Augusta on golf channel.

tkomow2
Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought it was great to see all those kids out there playing great golf and getting the opportunity to play on the grounds of Augusta National. Golf channel covered it well considering this was the first go around. What did you think?

I missed it.  I wanted to see it too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Missed it. Hope it gets rerun.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I watched parts of this. Some of the kids were really good, especially with the nerves. I saw some 12 year old hit a 250yd, straight down the middle, really impressive.

Also their faces when they barely hit the putt and it went 10ft past on 18!

I watched it for awhile. Pretty cool stuff. Inspiring.

Of course, great PR for the club, and the pros participating. Nothing wrong with that either.

I saw a bit of it and recognized a bunch of the kids that were in "The Short Game" as well.  Fun stuff for all those kids.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I missed it.  I wanted to see it too.

Not enough black kids - PGA tour needs more black professional golfers to get a better following/demographic - to compete with the major sports. Just my opinion. No offense.

Perhaps the reason there weren't enough black kids is simply because bugger all black kids play golf? It's funny that some people see kids having a chance to play somewhere they will never get to play again while others only see the colour of the kids skin. Mailman

Mailman

I watched it. I was really impressed with the kids, not just their playing ability but their manners, attitude, and respect for the game of golf. Those kids showed a much more mature attitude towards sportsmanship and the game they love than kids who play any other sport. I say that as one who coached kids baseball for many years.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!