IGNORED

2014 NHL Playoffs

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Annnnnnnnd Matt Cooke once again proves that he's a dirty POS.

It's sad. He'd done a LOT of great work to clean up his act in his last year with PIT. Very clean year. Thought it'd stick. I haven't seen the video. Just heard about it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's sad. He'd done a LOT of great work to clean up his act in his last year with PIT. Very clean year. Thought it'd stick.

I haven't seen the video. Just heard about it.

To be honest if it was anyone else it could have almost been considered an accident.

But after watching it multiple times and knowing Cooke's previous knee work...I'm positive it was on purpose. I'm embarrassed he's on the Wild.

Just watched it again, there's no doubt it was on purpose. Get rid of him.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

To be honest if it was anyone else it could have almost been considered an accident.

But after watching it multiple times and knowing Cooke's previous knee work...I'm positive it was on purpose. I'm embarrassed he's on the Wild.

Oh, there's no doubt it was intentional. Not as bad as the Seabrook hit, but pretty bad nonetheless.

@Crim any word on his pending suspension yet? Matt Cooke really has been good this year I swear. Looked like he truly wanted to clean up his act, but that hit isn't gonna help any. The league mentioned that he isn't considered a repeat offender because he hasn't had anything like this in the last two years, so hopefully they will take that into consideration when they decide his fate today.

@Crim any word on his pending suspension yet? Matt Cooke really has been good this year I swear. Looked like he truly wanted to clean up his act, but that hit isn't gonna help any. The league mentioned that he isn't considered a repeat offender because he hasn't had anything like this in the last two years, so hopefully they will take that into consideration when they decide his fate today.

Haven't heard any news on it....but I hope it's a lengthy suspension.

Joel Holden

• Administrator

Yup. He's as dirty as they come.

Was . And is again , apparently.

Had a good two years, but that came to a screeching halt, I agree:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not a repeat offender my a$$.

Was. And is again, apparently.

Had a good two years, but that came to a screeching halt, I agree:

That can now be added to this...

Joel Holden

• Administrator
Not a repeat offender my a$$.

Not by league rules.

Plus, no penalty was called on the Savard hit. Hits to the head weren't illegal then (stupidly).

That can now be added to this...

Some of those were pretty weak. The last one, for example. And still others were hits ON Cooke.

Anyway, I didn't care for his shit in Pittsburgh when he was there, but I acknowledge that he cleaned up his act for two years. Again, that came to an end with the knee.

Not by league rules.

Plus, no penalty was called on the Savard hit. Hits to the head weren't illegal then (stupidly).

Some of those were pretty weak. The last one, for example. And still others were hits ON Cooke.

Anyway, I didn't care for his shit in Pittsburgh when he was there, but I acknowledge that he cleaned up his act for two years. Again, that came to an end with the knee.

Really? Are you actually trying to justify the Savard hit? Are you a Cooke apologist? That is one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

Really? Are you actually trying to justify the Savard hit? Are you a Cooke apologist? That is one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

He's not trying to justify the hit; he's just saying that, under the league's rules, Cooke can't be considered a repeat offender from that play since he didn't get suspended for it.

I haven't watched a lot of hockey this season, and when I do it's usually only the Ducks, so I don't know this Cooke guy from a hole in the ground, but I'd say that the first hit in question wasn't too bad ... until I watched some of the other stuff and read what you all wrote about his history.  Seems like a bit of a Claude Lemieux-ish butthead.  I like the "Who me?" act right after the whistle.

Although, I agree with Erik in regards to the compilation video ... there are a ton of plays on there that aren't at all dirty.

• Administrator

I didn't justify it. I pointed out that it wasn't even penalized, and there were no rules about targeting the head, or hitting the head. He'd just made a pass, was admiring it, and had his clock cleaned.

Nope, not an apologist. Just someone capable of recognizing facts.

It wasn't illegal. All I said.

He's not trying to justify the hit; he's just saying that, under the league's rules, Cooke can't be considered a repeat offender from that play since he didn't get suspended for it.

And that hit was a long time ago, so it wouldn't have been within the two-year window anyway. I was pointing out that he's been good for two years now, and previously had not been.

Although, I agree with Erik in regards to the compilation video ... there are a ton of plays on there that aren't at all dirty.

Yeah, it's a pretty weak video. Could have replaced several with actual semi-dirty to dirty plays.

I didn't justify it. I pointed out that it wasn't even penalized, and there were no rules about targeting the head, or hitting the head. He'd just made a pass, was admiring it, and had his clock cleaned.

Nope, not an apologist. Just someone capable of recognizing facts.

It wasn't illegal. All I said.

All I was saying is that Cooke is a dirty player, always has been, always will be. There's no place for him in the NHL and in my opinion should be banned. This is a guy who has a very long history of cheap shots, some of which ended seasons, some ended careers. I don't care if he managed to go 2 years without his inner cheap-shot artist coming out, he's a scumbag that needs to go.

This isn't PK Subban with his little cheap shots and flops, this is somebody who is truly dangerous. Time for him to find another job.

• Administrator
All I was saying is that Cooke is a dirty player, always has been, always will be.

That's not what you said at all. It may have been what you meant to say, but it's clearly not what you said. You said "repeat offender my ass" (with stupid dollar signs instead of "s"s - if you're gonna type a curse word, ****ing type it; don't try to be cute about it) and then called me a "Cooke apologist" for stating basic facts.

Plus, again, you're wrong: he's been clean for two years. Until last night. Which is why he's not considered a repeat offender by league rules.

This is a guy who has a very long history of cheap shots, some of which ended seasons, some ended careers.

Name one of his hits that ended a career? Clue: you don't get to say Savard. He played NHL hockey after Cooke's hit. Took another hit by another player to "end his career." Again, not an apologist by any stretch - I hated some of the stupid shit he pulled. But I am capable of looking at facts.

I don't care if he managed to go 2 years without his inner cheap-shot artist coming out, he's a scumbag that needs to go.

You probably think Sean Thornton and Milan Lucic and Brad Marchand are fine, upstanding men. Please.

This isn't PK Subban with his little cheap shots and flops, this is somebody who is truly dangerous. Time for him to find another job.

Don't agree with banning him permanently, but he deserves whatever he gets for this. 10 games, 20 games… It'll probably be less, but the NHL sucks at consistency. See also: $5k fine for Lucic.

All I was saying is that Cooke is a dirty player, always has been, always will be. There's no place for him in the NHL and in my opinion should be banned. This is a guy who has a very long history of cheap shots, some of which ended seasons, some ended careers. I don't care if he managed to go 2 years without his inner cheap-shot artist coming out, he's a scumbag that needs to go.

Subban cheap shots people? Since when? He's a clean player that makes clean hits to the shoulder and chest. He's also one of the few guys in the league that sounds intelligent in his interviews. Your Boston Bruins bias is showing.

Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!