IGNORED

Ping I 25's or..????

Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes PING can make them any swing weight you want. That's what the tuning ports (weight slugs in the cavity) are for.

I'll bring out a couple clubs for you to hit tomorrow.

Yes CFS will tend to go higher than a dynamic gold S300.

Have you seen the i25 and S55 irons?

Mike, do you know what that little indentation on the lower part of the hosel is..?

Cool, thanks, CYA tomorrow.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ping CFS Stiff is a medium launch shaft, where the s300 is a low launch one.

That explains why my shots are all going so low since I switched over to the MP52-S300 from the i20-CFS(Stiff). I was told by the Ping guy that the CFS stiff are the same stiffness as the S300, and was a little dubious since I had seen the effects.

The flight and control off the CFS shafts feels much better to me, and I think I need to go back to a medium launch shaft as opposed to the low launch one. I just don't have the speed and power in my swing to use the S300 effectively all the time. I get one on occasion and it does feel nice, but it's time to move to a higher launch shaft.

Mike, do you know what that little indentation on the lower part of the hosel is..?

Allows them to change the lie angle without stressing the steel as much. See you tomorrow as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah the notch is the part that fits on a vise when they adjust loft and lie angles. They don't bend clubs the way most companies do, they use a hammer to adjust lie and loft. Karsten didn't think "bending" clubs was effective.

EDIT: @Lihu is right as well

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah the notch is the part that fits on a vise when they adjust loft and lie angles. They don't bend clubs the way most companies do, they use a hammer to adjust lie and loft. Karsten didn't think "bending" clubs was effective.

I have to admit. It looks kind of ugly on my MP32 clubs that I had flattened by 2 degrees.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ahh, thanks for the explanation.

That explains why my shots are all going so low since I switched over to the MP52-S300 from the i20-CFS(Stiff). I was told by the Ping guy that the CFS stiff are the same stiffness as the S300, and was a little dubious since I had seen the effects.

The flight and control off the CFS shafts feels much better to me, and I think I need to go back to a medium launch shaft as opposed to the low launch one. I just don't have the speed and power in my swing to use the S300 effectively all the time. I get one on occasion and it does feel nice, but it's time to move to a higher launch shaft.

Yeah I think you have the same ones as me, but it is worth noting that it is the True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts that are low launching.  I am switching all my shafts out to the Ping CFS Stiff.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Allows them to change the lie angle without stressing the steel as much. See you tomorrow as well.

Thanks...CYA tomorrow.

Yeah I think you have the same ones as me, but it is worth noting that it is the True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts that are low launching.  I am switching all my shafts out to the Ping CFS Stiff.

The MP52 also have a 2 degree higher loft, but that did not make up for the lower flight at all.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I was dreaming about getting new irons and I was wondering if anyone has hit the MP 54 and the i25's?  I was just curious what the comparison between the 2 is.  I think they are both nice looking and it appears that they are both aimed at the same ability level. Im hoping to get a new set of irons in the near future and these are definitely at the top of my list so any info would be great.

I was dreaming about getting new irons and I was wondering if anyone has hit the MP 54 and the i25's?  I was just curious what the comparison between the 2 is.  I think they are both nice looking and it appears that they are both aimed at the same ability level. Im hoping to get a new set of irons in the near future and these are definitely at the top of my list so any info would be great.

i25 will be much easier to hit. Also, the CFS shafts are pretty good too!

I "tried" to hit off the toe with the MP54 and they are better than my MP52, but still felt weak as compared to the i25. The i25 are a really high technology club and I like the tungsten toe weight and microgrooves. The microgrooves really grip the ball when you are trying to draw the shot.

The Mizuno feel a lot softer on good hits, but at our handicap level the i25's feel so much more "secure".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I've asked more than a few people about the i25's, including some instructors..*cough* and all the suggestions were to go with the Ping i25's. Mike brought a couple of Pings to last Saturdays lesson, a G25 and an I25 both 7 irons, for me the i 25 just felt good in my hands, of course the Pure Grips helped, I need to find someplace around my area that sells Pure grips, man they are Nice.

So, hopefully I can get fitted for my irons in June, just have to many expenses in May...sigh.

Thanks to all of you that offered any insight on the i 25's.

I've asked more than a few people about the i25's, including some instructors..*cough* and all the suggestions were to go with the Ping i25's. Mike brought a couple of Pings to last Saturdays lesson, a G25 and an I25 both 7 irons, for me the i 25 just felt good in my hands, of course the Pure Grips helped, I need to find someplace around my area that sells Pure grips, man they are Nice.

So, hopefully I can get fitted for my irons in June, just have to many expenses in May...sigh.

Thanks to all of you that offered any insight on the i 25's.

Okay, while we're on this subject. The G25 will be even more secure on the fairway. I just object to the wider sole when hitting through rough. To be honest, I never thought I would have an opinion on thin soles, but I feel like there is less of an "obstacle". Probably just a "feel" thing.

The G25 will hit better under most conditions. I admit I have not hit the G25s, but I did hit a used set of G20 at and really liked the way they hit. They cost too much and I opted for the MP52 which look nicer anyway. Remember, I am not that concerned about handicap, for now. Plus, I got them for 199$-10%-$15 or about $164.10 which was under the wife radar. They were so clean I thought they were brand new. The 4i had a rock mark and the PW had a wear mark near the toe. Other than that they were practically new.

If I were you, I would consider the G25 because they will probably be super forgiving if they are anything like the G20 I tested.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

My friend is about a 20 handicap or more and he bought the i20's. He loved them on the simulator and got fit for them, but didn't take into account he was in a controlled environment on a turf pad. The "i" series is geared more toward the low-mid handicap player. The sole (bottom) of the club is "sharper". It doesn't have near the forgiving bell shape, thus making my buddy chunk all of his shots. Remember, it isn't your handicap that matters as much as the level of ball striker you are. You need to be hitting your 8 iron 150+ to upgrade to a stiff shaft and notice it helping properly. If not, like my buddy, your distance and ball flight will suffer. I am a 15 hcp and I tried everything under the sun on the simulator. What ended up being the best for me? Callaway X Hot stiff flex. Best clubs I have ever owned. Dropped 3 avg strokes immediately. I was between them and the G25's.

My friend who is a 5 hcp plays the i25's and absolutely loves them. Good luck in finding your match.

Dylan

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Okay, while we're on this subject. The G25 will be even more secure on the fairway. I just object to the wider sole when hitting through rough. To be honest, I never thought I would have an opinion on thin soles, but I feel like there is less of an "obstacle". Probably just a "feel" thing.

The G25 will hit better under most conditions. I admit I have not hit the G25s, but I did hit a used set of G20 at and really liked the way they hit. They cost too much and I opted for the MP52 which look nicer anyway. Remember, I am not that concerned about handicap, for now. Plus, I got them for 199$-10%-$15 or about $164.10 which was under the wife radar. They were so clean I thought they were brand new. The 4i had a rock mark and the PW had a wear mark near the toe. Other than that they were practically new.

If I were you, I would consider the G25 because they will probably be super forgiving if they are anything like the G20 I tested.

I get what your saying. I seriously considered the G 25's, however, I have been hitting the Titleist 735CM's which are muscle back, and cavity back, and sorta blade like in shape, but the were to flat, so I bought a used set of Titleist 695 CB's which are also blade like, except they are cavity backs, and tonight, and other times, I've hit them o.k., except when I didn't focus on my posture for the most part. So having said that, I think the I 25's will be fine, but I appreciate your input and am aware of what the SGI type irons do, I used my Son's R7's for about a month, and they seemed almost to easy to hit, I like a challenge..lol

My friend is about a 20 handicap or more and he bought the i20's. He loved them on the simulator and got fit for them, but didn't take into account he was in a controlled environment on a turf pad. The "i" series is geared more toward the low-mid handicap player. The sole (bottom) of the club is "sharper". It doesn't have near the forgiving bell shape, thus making my buddy chunk all of his shots. Remember, it isn't your handicap that matters as much as the level of ball striker you are. You need to be hitting your 8 iron 150+ to upgrade to a stiff shaft and notice it helping properly. If not, like my buddy, your distance and ball flight will suffer. I am a 15 hcp and I tried everything under the sun on the simulator. What ended up being the best for me? Callaway X Hot stiff flex. Best clubs I have ever owned. Dropped 3 avg strokes immediately. I was between them and the G25's.

My friend who is a 5 hcp plays the i25's and absolutely loves them. Good luck in finding your match.

Dylan

Thanks for your input Dylan, don't read to much into my HC listed, it was just a guess, as started playing again after a 10yr+ lay off. Before that I usually shot in the 80's, 90's on a harder track.

Back then I played mid sized cavity backs, with a stiff DGs300 shaft, all my irons now have the same shaft, and yes, I can bomb my 8i 150 if I have to.. :-D

The G25 will hit better under most conditions. I admit I have not hit the G25s, but I did hit a used set of G20 at and really liked the way they hit. They cost too much and I opted for the MP52 which look nicer anyway.

The wider soles can actually help more through rough, kind of like added bounce, helps the club "glide". G25's are very similar to the G20's, just slightly thinner topline. I've actually played a few rounds with them last year, pretty good results.

Mike McLoughlin

The wider soles can actually help more through rough, kind of like added bounce, helps the club "glide". G25's are very similar to the G20's, just slightly thinner topline. I've actually played a few rounds with them last year, pretty good results.

I don't see much rough....... :whistle::-$

BTW Mike, I did WAY better at my drill tonight. Out of about 50 balls, I hit approx 12 pretty good, meaning they got some decent height and distance...whoo hoo..

I hit approx 12 pretty good, meaning they got some decent height and distance...whoo hoo..

Keep it up dude :beer:

Mike McLoughlin

I have used i20 irons for the past 2 seasons.  I have put about 300 rounds on them.  The only problem to report is after that many rounds the clubs were showing a lot of wear.  That is to be expected with that many rounds.  My ball flight was way to high with the cfc stiff shafts.  I got fitted and put Rifle precision shafts in and that did lower my ball flight.  Last weekend I traded them in on a set of Callaway Apex Pro irons with KBS Tour C taper shafts.  I haven't gotten them yet so I cannot report on them.  The i20/i25 irons are very good.  But through my test with the Apex irons I have never hit anything that feels that good and have that good of distance control.  I had some regret with trading in the i20's since I have shot my best rounds ever with them but the feeling from those Callaway's is like nothing I have ever felt

Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!