IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to a Ping fitting day today and tried the new G30 driver and irons. All I gotta say is WOW!!! Not sure what @mvmac thought of the driver, but I'm thinking I have to get one of these. Hopefully I have I will have one before Erie. After a few balls and a few tweaks by the Ping guy, I felt confident that I could go after it without a hook. I was pounding push-draw after push-draw down the range with limited flight golf balls. I tried to hit a few big slices and they ended up going relatively straight. He tweaked it again and my draws turned into more of a hook. Very impressive piece of equipment. The G30 irons were also quite impressive. Very soft feeling. I couldn't work the ball much, but definitely could hit consistent push-draws with it.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been very interested in trying out the g30 myself.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

It's nice! Turbulators rock.

I'm more interested in the extremely high MOI it has :-P

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm more interested in the extremely high MOI it has :-P

Several guys in "the gallery" were commenting about how far I was hitting it.

- Shane

Several guys in "the gallery" were commenting about how far I was hitting it.

Well, crap, I better get one. Can't have an old guy like you out driving me!! :whistle:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Well, crap, I better get one. Can't have an old guy like you out driving me!!

When I was your age, I could crush one with my Ti Bubble II. ;-)

- Shane

When I was your age, I could crush one with my Ti Bubble II.

Ha, you had one of those too..?  Great clubs at the time. TM had to replace the shaft on my driver twice... :-(

Yesterdays round...

Driver: Iffy. Had a few good ones but was hitting straight pushes most of the day. I did pull a few though which were also pretty straight. Finished the day with a strong push cut which caused @Jeremie Boop to say "Nice shot" before it uncharacteristically tailed to the right. I blame him for that one. ;-)

Irons/approach shots: Just plain horrid again. Not making solid contact at all. Other than a few longer irons, I wasn't hitting near center face all day long. Distance good. Direction BAD.

Short game: Decent for the first 9 holes, but came apart after that. I seemed to lose focus after the sun came out and started to bake me.

Putting: Other than a stupid 3 jab on the first hole, pretty decent.

Plan moving forward - I have no clue. Still waiting on word if Gem City is going to reopen. I hit another range Friday afternoon, but it turned out to be a crap hole. The balls were mostly recycled Top Flight/Pinnacle/etc. Felt like I was hitting rocks off of hard pan. I think it did more harm than good. The other range close to me is pretty crappy too. I have to figure out something soon.

- Shane

Finished the day with a strong push cut which caused @Jeremie Boop to say "Nice shot" before it uncharacteristically tailed to the right. I blame him for that one.

He has a habit of doing that. :-P We should reference that "Nice Shot" thread.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

He has a habit of doing that.  We should reference that "Nice Shot" thread.

Hey, I took the blame for it, even said that it was my fault! In my defense every shot he hit before was straight or a draw so it going to the right was never even something I imagined would happen.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

He has a habit of doing that.  We should reference that "Nice Shot" thread.

Yeah. ;-)

In all honestly, I was ready to start doing the bull dance until it turned the opposite way. It was a WTF moment for sure. Bottom line is that I had little control over anything yesterday.

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...

The last few weeks have been an epic fail. I've been on the road this week without my clubs. I didn't play last weekend. @cbrian is probably ready to send a search and rescue team out to find me since I haven't posted to Evolvr in like a month. Hopefully this little break will cause my brain to purge all the bad stuff that worked it's way in to my swing.

- Shane

The last few weeks have been an epic fail. I've been on the road this week without my clubs. I didn't play last weekend. @cbrian is probably ready to send a search and rescue team out to find me since I haven't posted to Evolvr in like a month. Hopefully this little break will cause my brain to purge all the bad stuff that worked it's way in to my swing.

Don't worry about it, he probably didn't notice you weren't posting. Apparently some Canadian guy shut down the whole system ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Went to the short practice hole and worked on partial wedge yardages. Not sure I believe them. I need to go finish and test them out. It started pouring before I finished.

GW - 32, 55

SW - 25, 45

LW - 19, 30

- Shane

48 tonight (47 ESC). Triple, double, and all bogeys. On the plus side, I marked a drive at 276. Even though the fairways are hard, I'll take it. Directional control with irons still horrid. putting and short game a bit better tonight. I think I'm getting used to the slower greens or they're actually speeding up. Driver distance is putting bunkers in play that previously weren't like the death bunker on 14. I actually hit a nice draw out of it around the stupid tree that is on the other side blocking all shots. Curious to see if the G30s will help with the iron situation. It's just weird how things have flip flopped in my game this year...

- Shane

48 tonight (47 ESC). Triple, double, and all bogeys. On the plus side, I marked a drive at 276. Even though the fairways are hard, I'll take it. Directional control with irons still horrid. putting and short game a bit better tonight. I think I'm getting used to the slower greens or they're actually speeding up. Driver distance is putting bunkers in play that previously weren't like the death bunker on 14. I actually hit a nice draw out of it around the stupid tree that is on the other side blocking all shots. Curious to see if the G30s will help with the iron situation. It's just weird how things have flip flopped in my game this year...

Gaining distance does strangely sometimes make things difficult when you have to worry about things that were never an issue before. BUT that's a good thing, just means your game is getting better. I hope the g30's help with that direction control a bit.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!