IGNORED

Do you post your 9 hole rounds?

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can only get out to play 18 one day a week (typically Saturdays) But i like playing 9 after work a couple times a week.

When you guys play 9 do you post the score to your official USGA handicap?

Thanks!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I can only get out to play 18 one day a week (typically Saturdays) But i like playing 9 after work a couple times a week.

When you guys play 9 do you post the score to your official USGA handicap?

Thanks!

Yes, I pretty sure it's a requirement.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes! In order to comply with USGA requirements, 9 hole rounds must be posted. Once a second 9 hole round is posted the two will combine into a single 18 hole round. The course you play can provide you with CR and slope info for each 9. You can also look it up here, if you want. https://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yes! In order to comply with USGA requirements, 9 hole rounds must be posted. Once a second 9 hole round is posted the two will combine into a single 18 hole round.

The course you play can provide you with CR and slope info for each 9. You can also look it up here, if you want.

https://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/

If you play the same 9 of a standard 18 hole course, there are usually no CR/slope ratings per side. How do you deal with this?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If you play the same 9 of a standard 18 hole course, there are usually no CR/slope ratings per side. How do you deal with this?

You either ask at the pro-shop for the CR and slope of the 9 that you played, or go to the USGA site that I listed above where you will find it.

In David's bag....

You either ask at the pro-shop for the CR and slope of the 9 that you played, or go to the USGA site that I listed above where you will find it.

I didn't look deep enough, I see that the information is quite detailed.

Thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I didn't look deep enough, I see that the information is quite detailed.

Thanks.

And if your club allows you to post online, it will show up right there too.  On scga.org, pick the course, pick 9 holes, and then the "tee" dropdown box lists the front and back of all tees with the ratings.

Also, you could just enter them as separate 9 hole scores.  Of course, if you have a 9 hole score lingering in your last 20 somewhere then that would muck everything up, so don't do it if you've played an odd number of 9 holes rounds lately. ;)

And if your club allows you to post online, it will show up right there too.  On scga.org, pick the course, pick 9 holes, and then the "tee" dropdown box lists the front and back of all tees with the ratings.

Also, you could just enter them as separate 9 hole scores.  Of course, if you have a 9 hole score lingering in your last 20 somewhere then that would muck everything up, so don't do it if you've played an odd number of 9 holes rounds lately. ;)

I see that as well.

The only issue I have is some of the ratings are a little outdated, and will enter into my handicap short about 1 stroke. For instance, Altadena Golf course recently expanded a few holes the 2nd (30 yards back and the tree is now in the way of the tee shot), 3rd (20 yards back) and 9th (50 yards back). They are also trying to make the blues harder on the 4th hole by putting the green side bunker into play. These are significant changes to the course, although I can't really tell if they are actually that much harder by one stroke?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I see that as well.

The only issue I have is some of the ratings are a little outdated, and will enter into my handicap short about 1 stroke. For instance, Altadena Golf course recently expanded a few holes the 2nd (30 yards back and the tree is now in the way of the tee shot), 3rd (20 yards back) and 9th (50 yards back). They are also trying to make the blues harder on the 4th hole by putting the green side bunker into play. These are significant changes to the course, although I can't really tell if they are actually that much harder by one stroke?

They should ask that the course be re-rated due to the changes.

In David's bag....

My father-in-laws course did some significant remodeling recently.  Sort of.  The main street that borders their course was being widened, and while the work was going on, the first hole of one of their nines was reduced from a 390 yard par 4 to an 80 yard par 3 (Complete with a range mat to tee off from ;)).  Then when the work was finished, the hole was redesigned back to a par 4, albeit a completely different and much shorter one (340 I think).

In both cases, they had it re-rated to match the condition.

Does it cost the course money? I think that might be one of the issues?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Does it cost the course money? I think that might be one of the issues?

Have you asked about it?  I mean, based on your desciption, 100 yards total extra on top of 6100 and one extra tree and one extra bunker doesn't seem very significant for a full 18 hole course.  Perhaps they already did talk to the USGA about it and the rating didn't change?  Or maybe some combination of the two - they talked to the USGA, found that a re-rating is more expensive than they could afford, and that it's likely going to be a very minimal change, so they didn't bother?

That brings up another question for me:  How rigid are the rules for rating?  Meaning, is it enough of a science that two separate groups of raters would come through independent of each other and walk out of there with identical ratings and slopes?  Or is it more likely that one would say it's a 68.2/115 and another would say it's a 69.0/112?  If it's the latter, then it seems like a re-rating wouldn't serve much purpose.  The margin of error, rater to rater, would likely be greater than the difference caused by the changes.

Have you asked about it?  I mean, based on your desciption, 100 yards total extra on top of 6100 and one extra tree and one extra bunker doesn't seem very significant for a full 18 hole course.  Perhaps they already did talk to the USGA about it and the rating didn't change?  Or maybe some combination of the two - they talked to the USGA, found that a re-rating is more expensive than they could afford, and that it's likely going to be a very minimal change, so they didn't bother?

That brings up another question for me:  How rigid are the rules for rating?  Meaning, is it enough of a science that two separate groups of raters would come through independent of each other and walk out of there with identical ratings and slopes?  Or is it more likely that one would say it's a 68.2/115 and another would say it's a 69.0/112?  If it's the latter, then it seems like a re-rating wouldn't serve much purpose.  The margin of error, rater to rater, would likely be greater than the difference caused by the changes.

Yeah, all this fuss over 1 stroke (for a bogey golfer like me) just doesn't really seem worth it.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

And if your club allows you to post online, it will show up right there too.  On scga.org, pick the course, pick 9 holes, and then the "tee" dropdown box lists the front and back of all tees with the ratings. Also, you could just enter them as separate 9 hole scores.  Of course, if you have a 9 hole score lingering in your last 20 somewhere then that would muck everything up, so don't do it if you've played an odd number of 9 holes rounds lately. ;)

Can you please explain how having just one 9 hole round will muck things up? Not sure I follow as every other 9 hole round I play there will be a 9 hole round lingering....... Or do you wait to post until you've played two 9 hole rounds?

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Can you please explain how having just one 9 hole round will muck things up? Not sure I follow as every other 9 hole round I play there will be a 9 hole round lingering....... Or do you wait to post until you've played two 9 hole rounds?

I was telling him that a fix to his predicament was to post his score as separate 9 hole rounds ... Even tho it was an 18 hole round that just happened to be twice on the same nine. If he had a nine hole round already in waiting then the first nine hole round would pair up with that one and leave the second all by itself waiting for the next nine. That's not technically proper, even though the index may not be affected that much.

I was telling him that a fix to his predicament was to post his score as separate 9 hole rounds ... Even tho it was an 18 hole round that just happened to be twice on the same nine. If he had a nine hole round already in waiting then the first nine hole round would pair up with that one and leave the second all by itself waiting for the next nine. That's not technically proper, even though the index may not be affected that much.

"(iv) Nine-hole scores are combined in the order that they are received into the player's scoring record from any club or from any combination of nines, regardless of score type. For example, a front nine middle tee score could combine with a front nine back tee score made from any course.

An 18-hole score created by the combination of two nine-hole scores will display the date and course name (if applicable) of the latest nine hole score (e.g., April 29 and May 4 = May 4).

A nine-hole score will be retained for combination with another nine-hole score until it is older than the twentieth oldest eighteen-hole score in the scoring record. Nine-hole scores will be combined in the order they are received in the player's record, and not necessarily by date."

So I believe you are correct. You combine 9 hole scores to form an 18 hole score. That 18 hole score is then used in the computation of a handicap.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Great thanks everyone! Just got an official GHIN last week and trying to post enough to get a number :)

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!