IGNORED

Name Your Team USA Ryder Cup Squad

SteveBamford
Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously we can't pick a Canadian Robot but we do need to think outside the box if we're going to have a chance.   How about The Aflac Duck, Happy Gilmore or Kevin Costner?

The Aflac Duck isn't particularly good at golf, Happy Gilmore is past his prime, and Kevin Costner has a tendency for 12's.

Riley

I think I'd be giving serious thought to Ashley Bongiovanni too. She'd surely unnerve Rory? Put her in a fourball with Paulina Gretzky - you never know, it might work - especiallynow that Kuchar and Dufner look like being the latest non-runners

'Groundskeeper Willie' is another possibility that occurs to me as well

I think I'd be giving serious thought to Ashley Bongiovanni too. She'd surely unnerve Rory? Put her in a fourball with Paulina Gretzky - you never know, it might work - especiallynow that Kuchar and Dufner look like being the latest non-runners 'Gamekeeper Willy' is another possibility that occurs to me as well

That blonde chick tryna get with Rory?...lmao Groundskeeper Willie would be great, he is Scottish though.

Riley

That's her, I stalked her down!!!

She's even given an interview and tried to talk about golf. I wasn't sure if she was claiming to have shot three holes in one (she used some funny American phrase that distorted on the audio) but then the way that conversation was going it needn't have been golf she was talking about

Damn you otherwise though, you got my quote and spelling on Groundskeeper Willie before I'd amended it, but I reckon he must be naturalised American by now as he's been living in Springfield for about 20 years

That's her, I stalked her down!!! She's even given an interview and tried to talk about golf. I wasn't sure if she was claiming to have shot three holes in one (she used some funny American phrase that distorted on the audio) but then the way that conversation was going it needn't have been golf she was talking about Damn you otherwise though, you got my quote and spelling on Groundskeeper Willie before I'd amended it, but I reckon he must be naturalised American by now as he's been living in Springfield for about 20 years

Very true but I do believe he would prefer to represent ScotLAND. You know, I hate to be self-centered, but I am eligible for a call-up. Thoughts?

Riley

Feel bad for Tom. He's going to get the historical blame for the drubbing they're going to get.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Monty Watson's Flying Circus

The US needs to radically rethink the whole way it approaches Ryder Cup. My own view is it says one thing, and does another. Put simply, it thinks it gets it, but it doesn't. It might also help if it were able to perhaps face up to a few home truths and recognise why Europe gets fired up for it, and perhaps acknowledge their own contribution to this, rather than looking for much more palatable, but less accurate explanations, in things like venues, tactics, selections etc

Now it might be that they are able to rescue something from this fast deteriorating position. They had better do. If they get blown away on the first morning they'll be going home with either us laughing at them all the way, or, (and I'm not so sure this would be even worse) with our genuine sympathy and good wishes. I still think they're going to put up a much better showing than most of you as it happens, but even my own enthusiasm that the US could spring a surprise has started to subside now

I'm equally perplexed by some of the comments being attributed to Phil Mickelson over the last 2 weeks. It strikes me that he might be looking for an excuse to go AWOL. His recent record in Europe has been nothing short of appalling. On his record alone you couldn't pick him, but I do wonder if Mickelson senses whats coming and doesn't really know if he wants to be part of it. This is precisely the time though when Mickelson needs to be stepping forward and sounding the clarion, not preparing the gorund for his own personal retreat and trying to mask it as a noble act of self-sacrifice. If I were Tom I'd be inclined to ask him straight out. If he doesn't fancy the gig, then I'd tell him to clear off and I'll go find some proper men prepared to stand up and have ago. Basically I'd be looking to an answer to this suggestion he's made about not being worth his place if he fails to qualify outright, which was spun (one assumes with steer from Mickelsons camp) to suggest he would do something honourable, like stepping aside (I'd call it cowardly Phil, if that's what you were really contemplating). No Tiger, No Johnson, No Dufner, No Kurcher, and you too decide to run off..... urm ..... let's see what he does, as this could be his chance to redeem himself and become a real hero. No one thinks worse of him if he fails, but he sounds beaten before he's even struck a  ball, and those types are invaribaly no good to you

To be honest, the problems started to my eyes at least (as I said at the time) months ago, and this apparent Tiger fetish that America has really doesn't help. Tom could have moved more decisively back in May. It just got worse from then on in. The preparation was all over the place and you could see there was little semblence of team or focus beyond platitudes served up on social media or press releases. Empty words I'm afraid.

I'm waiting to see who the first American will be who turns up at Gleneagles for the first time and starts complaining about the course? or the penal rough designed specifically one suspects for a big hitting left hander with a flakey temperament. There's a rather obvious rebuke to that one, but we'll safe it for now

I really don't want to see Tom Watson humiliated, and I'm still hopeful that he won't be, but if the US is going to make the paradigm shift it needs to, then perhaps a heavy defeat is what's needed. Mind you, they had two of those in 2004 and 2006 and they're still making some of the same mistakes in 2014. I also wonder if some pressure could be brought upon the USPGA from the fans upward to basically say "sort this out, as we're sick of this national humiliation every 2 years and have frankly had enough of it"

The fact Zach Johnson is playing solid this week pretty much gaurantees him a Captain's pick. He doesn't have to do anything great...just make the cut and post a top-30 finish. While Keegan is struggling, I think he's also a lock for the team. Then it all depends on if Phil can get in and whether Dufner stays in the top-9 or pulls out of the team with an injury.

The fact Zach Johnson is playing solid this week pretty much gaurantees him a Captain's pick. He doesn't have to do anything great...just make the cut and post a top-30 finish. While Keegan is struggling, I think he's also a lock for the team. Then it all depends on if Phil can get in and whether Dufner stays in the top-9 or pulls out of the team with an injury.

With Dufner's withdrawal, Zach will move ahead of Duf so long as he makes the cut. None of the immediate challengers on the bubble have yet made a move to the top of the leaderboard, so Duf may just hang on to his place on the team, despite his injury.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Phil Mickelson needs to earn a $104,691 paycheck this weekend to supplant Jason Dufner for the final qualifying slot. [URL=http://m.golf.com/1048430/pga-championship-2014-prize-money-total-purse/]Last year,[/URL] an 18th-place finish wrote that check, but the purse has been increased by $2 million for 2014. At T7 after two rounds, Phil is now in a commanding position to earn his place on Team USA.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

Tiger WD.

He finished.

This could be good for the U.S. team. They'll be underdogs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He finished. This could be good for the U.S. team. They'll be underdogs.

You know, I musta had a Terry Bradshaw moment or something. Cause I don't even know why I posted that.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!