IGNORED

Rough Time with Rough

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For #3, because the rough will grab your hosel and twist the club, I grip the club more firmly to prevent the club being twisted.  I think I read that sometime ago, where Jack Nicklaus advises firmer grip in the rough.

Works for me.  If I don't grip my club more firmly, I will hook the shot as the grass grabs the hosel and closes the club face.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In deep rough, I have also noticed the tendency for me to pull my shots to the left.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Looks like the greens I played earlier this year. Lie 1 and 2 look pretty simple. A little firmer. Lie 3 I'd try a little steeper. Use a little more club and make sure I made good contact with a lesser backswing. A lot depends on how far and what lies ahead.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Thanks for all the responses.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 9 months later...

Hopefully this isn't ot, but couldn't find the answer to my question else where.  What do you guys do when the ball is sitting up in the rough?  I am wondering mostly about longer shots,  170-220.  With shorter shots I tend to play the ball back a little and really feel like I am hitting down on the ball.  I seem to have decent results, but dont know if this is the right approach.  With longer shots I tend to hit it high on the clubface and come up some 20 yds short.  Im not sure if playing it back in my stance would be the correct approach.  Wondering how you guys go after these shots.

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!