IGNORED

2014 BMW PGA Championship (European Tour)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just shows women are bad for your golf game...

You're all heartless bastards!!! Do you not realise that poor Caroline has got to win the French Open now (what price she gets dumped out in the first round on an outside court in the next 24 hours?)

He'll take the high road and say no, but I truly think it was. There were too many rumors out there he was worn out and spending more time traveling around with her than focusing on his game. This will defintely relax him and make him focus more.

You think he was more focused and relaxed this past week than the weeks before? I can't imagine this week wasn't even more of an emotional whirlwind than normal. They just broke it off before the tournament, so it's not like he suddenly settled down and practiced way more than normal. I dunno, though. I tend to put less stock in that kind of stuff and just assume Rory had a great week.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think he just wanted to focus on golf. Playing well encompassed all facets. Mind and body. He didn't want to think about anything.

Maybe he has been wanting to break this off with Caroline for a while and it has been weighing on him.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You think he was more focused and relaxed this past week than the weeks before? I can't imagine this week wasn't even more of an emotional whirlwind than normal. They just broke it off before the tournament, so it's not like he suddenly settled down and practiced way more than normal.

I dunno, though. I tend to put less stock in that kind of stuff and just assume Rory had a great week.

He sure played like it, didn't he? This is the first time he's contended down the stretch in a tourney since the Honda, and before that you have to go back to Dubai, and in both of those, he faltered on the last day.

I don't know. I think in the long run, it will relax him more and let him be more focused. It may have this week as well. This might have been something he's wanted to do for awhile and he finally got the courage to do and he feels relaxed inside. All assumption, of course.

Whatever the case, good for him. With the game probably at its lowest point in the Tiger era, it needed this kind of jolt. The game needs its stars to play like stars.

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!