IGNORED

My Swing (Joe Hill)

Joe Hill
Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Joe, I think the main reason the responses to your posts appear antagonistic, is simply that you entitled your swing video "150 yard PW". Then after someone questioned that distance, you stated that you are taller and stronger than most golfers. You seemed to have established yourself by saying "I am one of the world's fastest golfers because I am taller and bigger than most of you, but please help me get better". It came across as a bit arrogant, even if you did not intend for it to be. If anyone says you are flipping on this site, and no one else disagrees with them, you should probably take that comment into consideration. When someone says something wrong about what you are doing or what you need to work on, they will be questioned and corrected as well by everyone else on this site. This is the neat thing about this site. Everyone is here to help those who want help, but they need to get the facts right first. For instance, if you really do swing a PW over 96mph, you could possibly require different advice than if you swing 68mph. So, in order to help you they need to establish where you are first. No one intended to insult you or question your personal integrity. Best wishes for a fun golfing future.

Unfortunately Lihu, Joe apparently has lost this philosophy of golf. He's not interested in having any fun. A shame really. Such a wonderful sport despite its complexity, or maybe because of it. Joe has quoted " playing golf right now would be the worst thing I could do." He's become submerged in some obsessive quest to find a secret to make this game easier. Golf must've really did a number on him. Glad he's back with it, but I'm not so sure he's seeing the forest through all the trees. He's going to come back and totally ignore this post and regurgitate some more obsessive mechanics with pseudo-geometry and physics. If he does read this I hope he can just take a break and go play a round and just enjoy the game.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Lihu, Joe apparently has lost this philosophy of golf. He's not interested in having any fun. A shame really. Such a wonderful sport despite its complexity, or maybe because of it.

Joe has quoted " playing golf right now would be the worst thing I could do." He's become submerged in some obsessive quest to find a secret to make this game easier. Golf must've really did a number on him. Glad he's back with it, but I'm not so sure he's seeing the forest through all the trees.

He's going to come back and totally ignore this post and regurgitate some more obsessive mechanics with pseudo-geometry and physics. If he does read this I hope he can just take a break and go play a round and just enjoy the game.

hard to admit failure, eh?

hard to admit getting beaten in the distance with your shots? especially by an older gentleman? :-D

For the record I've seen with my own eyes on the golf course, some good quality golf shots being made with the strangest of golf swings (with driver though, not pitching wedge.)

Presumably, it just has to do with creating good acceleration with the clubhead. That is, getting good clubhead speed at impact, with shorter range of motion(length of the backswing essentially). You must have good acceleration of the clubhead in  that case?

Whether it is an optimal swing or not, hell, who knows really... but if they're playing with it, I suppose it's fine by them?

:loco:

Presumably, it just has to do with creating good acceleration with the clubhead. That is, getting good clubhead speed at impact, with shorter range of motion(length of the backswing essentially). You must have good acceleration of the clubhead in  that case? Whether it is an optimal swing or not, hell, who knows really... but if they're playing with it, I suppose it's fine by them?

"Optimum swing" is not even in the picture if he flips his clubs before impact. Flipping takes a very large amount of the power out of the shot. In some cases up to 10%, and distance is robbed by up to 50% because the ball generally goes really high. If he hit his PW 150 yards with a flip and a high shot, his swing speed would be unbelievably high and does not make any sense. If he is accurately measuring and reporting his distance, then he is very likely thinning the PW 150 yards, and has created a swing that flips and hits low on the face. Which would not even close to a good swing and far from optimal. This is why it is important to get the correct information before any real advice can be given. Everything is a guess.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Presumably, it just has to do with creating good acceleration with the clubhead. That is, getting good clubhead speed at impact, with shorter range of motion(length of the backswing essentially). You must have good acceleration of the clubhead in  that case?

Possibly but that's not the case here, as @Lihu just said

"Optimum swing" is not even in the picture if he flips his clubs before impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So when are we gettin the proof you been promisin' Joe?-Still waiting to see something verified that shows you can hit your 7-iron 150 let alone your PW 155. GOt rid of your big flip yet?-Played much golf or still trying to show the world that your swing pencil-triangle-paper swing can work?-Genuinley curious-and a bit bored.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

So when are we gettin the proof you been promisin' Joe?-Still waiting to see something verified that shows you can hit your 7-iron 150 let alone your PW 155. GOt rid of your big flip yet?-Played much golf or still trying to show the world that your swing pencil-triangle-paper swing can work?-Genuinley curious-and a bit bored.

Last I heard, Joe had moved to San Francisco and was looking for a driving range.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

[quote name="Phil McGleno" url="/t/74788/my-swing-joe-hill/72#post_1013593"]So when are we gettin the proof you been promisin' Joe?-Still waiting to see something verified that shows you can hit your 7-iron 150 let alone your PW 155. GOt rid of your big flip yet?-Played much golf or still trying to show the world that your swing pencil-triangle-paper swing can work?-Genuinley curious-and a bit bored.

Last I heard, Joe had moved to San Francisco and was looking for a driving range.....[/quote] Not bad....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Last I heard, Joe had moved to San Francisco and was looking for a driving range.....

Ha! Post of the day

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!