IGNORED

2014 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In spite of my best efforts, my mama likes Tiger.  She's 80 though, so I blame it on dementia.....

now that is funny!  i like her already!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure if anyone watched TGC last night but they showed a re-run of the last round of the 2006 Open Championship. Amazing how dominant he was and how perfect that swing was. Wish we could see that swing again, but obviously with injuries and aging the swing has tweaked quite a bit. I do wish he and Stevie could have found a way to stay together, too, because just watching that Open they made such a perfect team.

Not sure if anyone watched TGC last night but they showed a re-run of the last round of the 2006 Open Championship.

I watch "greatest golf rounds" on TGC every Tuesday night. My absolute favorite program as I wasn't really watching golf during the tournaments they usually show. I was also amazed that he only hit driver once all week.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I watch "greatest golf rounds" on TGC every Tuesday night. My absolute favorite program as I wasn't really watching golf during the tournaments they usually show. I was also amazed that he only hit driver once all week.

Couldn't believe that, either. Not sure if he'll follow the same strategy this year since he doesn't have the length he did back then. Plus it depends on the setup. That course in '06 was really brown and you could pretty much take a putter and putt it down there 200 yards.

Old commercial that sort of rings true this weekend :)

Hahaha! That is so wrong.

I've never seen this commercial

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

• Administrator

https://twitter.com/gctigertracker

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://twitter.com/gctigertracker

Love it, first nine....yuck. Back nine looking good! GET IT, TIGER GET IT

Joel Holden

Not sure if anyone watched TGC last night but they showed a re-run of the last round of the 2006 Open Championship. Amazing how dominant he was and how perfect that swing was. Wish we could see that swing again, but obviously with injuries and aging the swing has tweaked quite a bit. I do wish he and Stevie could have found a way to stay together, too, because just watching that Open they made such a perfect team.

Im with you on the Tiger/Stevie thing. I watched the TGC last night also and what struck me is how Tiger hugged Stevie for a good 20 seconds when he dropped that last putt. I know it was becasue he was grieving the loss of his dad but it was like for a moment Stevie was his big brother or something. Another this I noticed is that Tiger thanked his mom and his "Team" after the win. He didnt thank Elin by name and she was standing right off the green.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Sounds like he just needs to straighten out that push/fade off the tee. Wasn't he having trouble with that before surgery as well?

Joel Holden

• Administrator

Love it, first nine....yuck. Back nine looking good! GET IT, TIGER GET IT

Sounds like an MC this week is more likely than a W.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds like an MC this week is more likely than a W.

Yeah :(

Out of bounds + water on the first 9, it could get ugly if he starts out that way tomorrow. I still fancy him working it out and making the cut though.

Joel Holden

Sounds like he just needs to straighten out that push/fade off the tee. Wasn't he having trouble with that before surgery as well?

Tiger: "My grip got a little bit weak. That's one of the reasons I was losing the ball to the right, so just got to strengthen it up."

Joel Holden

I'm not surprised if he misses the cut this week. It's been a long time off, and he's not been able to practice as he used to. Practice rounds is one thing; playing in a tournament is another.

I would say a win is highly unlikely, but the important part is that he's back and hopefully in good health. From here, he can only focus on getting back in shape, get his swing, chipping, putting etc back and getting in tournament rounds. My only worry is that he doesn't play a lot of tournaments, and could take some time getting that part back again.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

i think that if Tigs misses the cut, he should play the weekend with the last group that made the cut.  hopefully theres an odd # of players making the cut and then he could join that last guy and then just play, of course not for a score, to get more tournament rounds in.  hes Tiger Freakin Woods, and its his tournament.  whos gong to tell him no? :beer:

Colin P.

• Administrator
i think that if Tigs misses the cut, he should play the weekend with the last group that made the cut.  hopefully theres an odd # of players making the cut and then he could join that last guy and then just play, of course not for a score, to get more tournament rounds in.  hes Tiger Freakin Woods, and its his tournament.  whos gong to tell him no?  :beer:

The PGA Tour. The media. The golfers. ;-)

The PGA Tour. The media. The golfers. ;-)

And so what if he does? I mean, I know he's not going to, and it'll never happen, but it's not like he's robbing a bank or shooting someone...

Colin P.

• Administrator
And so what if he does? I mean, I know he's not going to, and it'll never happen, but it's not like he's robbing a bank or shooting someone...

No real interest in discussing that which won't ever happen. ;-)

Note: This thread is 3580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!