IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

1 hour ago, Tryin said:

Your impact positions look great to me and it looks like your making good contact with the ball.  How are you playing on the course?

Pretty good right now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve entered my blue period as all artists do. 😁 Working on my PP to reduce early extension and have the hips more open at impact. Some progress but a ways to go.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve entered my blue period as all artists do. 😁 Working on my PP to reduce early extension and have the hips more open at impact. Some progress but a ways to go.

You forgot to add a song to your video:

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

You forgot to add a song to your video:

😀

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Today’s work. Palmar flexion from A4 and trying to get the club face angle to match my spine angle after impact. Still a work in progress. These are higher speed swings. Most of the session was slower speed holding at A9.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I've been play more than practicing this month, but have got a couple sessions in. The focus is the same, getting my hips more open at impact. Erik added palmar flexion and not letting my wrists roll-over to my last Evolvr lesson. It is slow progress on this one. 

I also am trying to do two more things. First, I get pretty amped up on the first tee and need to slow down. So I have been working on tempo in addition to my PP. The feel is smooth transition. It is almost like I feel the club just falling at the start, but feel ain't real.

Second, maintain eye contact on the ball through impact. I have a weird habit of not looking at the ball during the downswing. When I watch through impact, for all shots, I make better contact. When I don't, contact is worse. I know it should be pretty f-ing easy, "just look at the damn ball!", but for some reason, I have trouble with this. 

I noticed it first when working on chips and pitches earlier this year. Then I started to catalog it on the course. And it is not anecdotal. 

So here are my swing from yesterday. It was stunningly humid. I was sweating profusely. I had to wear rain gloves. I have that rehearsal to impact that Stephan wants be to use and I am trying to hold off my wrists from turning over after impact. Ball flight is straight push to push draw with these when done right. 

Target lines on the net: for the 7 iron, just right of the left yellow string is actually straight ahead. For the driver, the first black line. So for the 7 iron, I am trying to hit the black line or just to the left of it and for the driver, between the two lines.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Those look good, Scott.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, iacas said:

Those look good, Scott.

Thanks!

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 months later...

I haven’t been able to play or practice much in the last three months due to family issues, but I was able to get out yesterday and hit into my net. @nevets88 inspired me to add to my practice set up an alignment stick to help swing out more through impact. Below, I am working on that. Did mostly partials and focused on keeping the shoulder and hip turn going through impact.

With the face on, my turn is still slowing at A5 to A6, so the club head catches up. This will be part of my focus in the off season.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Nice @boogielicious

Heh heh, I've broken more than a few PVC pieces, if you're not careful, bits can go flying lol, you bypassed that!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I obliterated the stick yesterday @nevets88😂 I was doing a mapping swing from the top and smashed it to smitherines!

Below I am working on the turn again. I still seem to slow down the shoulder turn before A6 and the club head then catches up.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I obliterated the stick yesterday @nevets88😂 I was doing a mapping swing from the top and smashed it to smitherines!

Below I am working on the turn again. I still seem to slow down the shoulder turn before A6 and the club head then catches up.

Lol! I hit the sticks not infrequently during practice. Drew a little blood once. Gotta be careful! It does give you incentive to adjust the path though!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lol! I hit the sticks not infrequently during practice. Drew a little blood once. Gotta be careful! It does give you incentive to adjust the path though!

Steve

Guys, the point of using sticks is to not hit them 😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

28 minutes ago, billchao said:

Guys, the point of using sticks (golf clubs) is to not hit them 😜

Kinda like lowest score wins?    See what I did there?   

I realize they were talking alignment sticks but I couldn't help myself! :doh:

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Pool noodles, guys.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Guys, the point of using sticks is to not hit them 😜

Also, this.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Today’s work. More of the same but it’s frikkin’ freezing. 17mph wind with gusts to 35. Lasted about 30 minutes. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

More work on the same stuff while the weather holds. Working on the feel of the right elbow coming down and in front as the shoulders and hips turn. Left shoulder also continuing around through impacting.

I also reinforced  my stick with yellow duct tape. Safety First!

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread