IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

Yeah sorry I get that a lot so I am used to it. Let me get an errand done here and I will elaborate. By the way, what detailed field problems are you having? Aside FROM left and right landing?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

So I read this... "I am going to keep the ball position and work on the knees this week.   I was really looking more for comments on how to adjust/counter issues on the course when things go awry.  My work plan is still based entirely on my Evolvr lesson." And I recognize the good work he has under his belt. Altough I havent studied the first thing about the 5 keys or couldnt describe what a planar extension is, its just because I dont use those words. For example, when a shot moving right to left passes the target line, I learned it was called a hook, though from this site I am learning the pc name is "overdraw". I doubt that I could find anything wrong with the 5 keys or any of the training given so far, and none of the flat surface ball striking seems to be a real problem for Boogie, but his quest changed when he hit the course. Nobody so far has described how to adjust the complexity of irregular surfaces to him and lets talk about that. There are at least eight other plane surfaces a player will find themsleves upon besides level tee boxes. All have an effect on ball flight. Tees have a nasty habit of drifting off level plane over the years due to weathering, and the playing field has never been designed level to my knowledge. 1 call it level and used for training 2 downhill level 3 uphill level 4 sidehill above feet but level 5 sidehill below feet but level 6,7 Sidehill downhill above and below feet 8,9 sidehill uphill above and below feet. There is a right way and a wrong way to hit those shots. The complexity he expresses concern with stems from the math of good and bad (2 outcomes) to the 9th power (good and bad outcomes over 9 surfaces). Thats all I was trying to help him with. The swing plane of the arms cuts through all that crap. Knowing where your swing center is becomes important as 2 to the 9th is 512 possibilities. But I am not a teacher. In my opinion a good teacher can understand the nuances and subtlety of complex scenarios and not only digest them, but most importantly understand the level at which a student is thinking and can communicate in a manner that the student can most readily accept. I am not that guy.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Nobody so far has described how to adjust the complexity of irregular surfaces to him and lets talk about that.

There are at least eight other plane surfaces a player will find themsleves upon besides level tee boxes. All have an effect on ball flight. Tees have a nasty habit of drifting off level plane over the years due to weathering, and the playing field has never been designed level to my knowledge.

1 call it level and used for training

2 downhill level

3 uphill level

4 sidehill above feet but level

5 sidehill below feet but level

6,7 Sidehill downhill above and below feet

8,9 sidehill uphill above and below feet.

There is a right way and a wrong way to hit those shots. The complexity he expresses concern with stems from the math of good and bad (2 outcomes) to the 9th power (good and bad outcomes over 9 surfaces).

Thats all I was trying to help him with. The swing plane of the arms cuts through all that crap. Knowing where your swing center is becomes important as 2 to the 9th is 512 possibilities.

I'll be honest with you. I read this. And then I read it again. And again. And all I can come up with are these two statements:

1. You're still not providing anything that @boogielicious can assimilate into his game and utilize.

2. Yes, the lie can be a significant factor on the end result, but I don't think it has anything to do with binary probability.

The swing plane of the arms cuts through all that crap.

This is what I meant when I said that your posts are cryptic. I'm not sure what you mean by it, because you don't elaborate and explain HOW the "swing plane of the arms cuts through all that crap."

I get that you're trying to be helpful, and that's great. But, by your own admission:

But I am not a teacher. In my opinion a good teacher can understand the nuances and subtlety of complex scenarios and not only digest them, but most importantly understand the level at which a student is thinking and can communicate in a manner that the student can most readily accept. I am not that guy.

If you can't communicate in a manner that is easily understood, how is that going to help?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got lost on the 2 to the ninth power.... Sorry @boogielicious .

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well, if you dont try that doesnt help either does it? And Bill, I was responding to your post. For you to speak for Boogie is, well, awkward. True and friendly dude. Thats all. Try this then. Its the same idea. http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/05/the-logic-behind-martin-kaymer.html I usually shoot 75-80 from the whites. I'm no pro but its mainly a problem with reading greens, not getting there.

Tom R.

I understand how lie can affect the shot trajectory and I do adjust for that.  I was seeking more on how other players adjust when they run into difficulties during a round, both mentally and physically.

I also have no problem with other posters asking questions when they don't understand a response.  The My Swing threads are here for all of us to learn, not just the OP.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played 9 in my league tonight.  Hit 6 of 7 fairways and 6 of 9 GIR, 1 nGIR.  My only miss was a 5 iron that faded too much on a dog leg right.  I used my shot zones and changed my approach to a few holes. It worked out well.  The back nine on this course has a lot of dog legs, which changes the approach.

1. Par 4 -  4W left center of fairway.  Driver would have risked landing in the fairway bunkers on the right.  GIR

2.  Par 3 - 6 iron just off the green left.  Flag was shorter, but risked hitting into a bunker. nGIR

3. Par 4 - 5 iron faded too much right in hazard but playable.  Any longer club requires a big fade or would go through the fairway to a bunker or hazard.

4. Par 4 - 4 iron - center of fairway.  Longer club would need an accurate shot to fit in the 20 yard wide fairway or risk going into the woods left or right or being blocked out from the green.  GIR

5. Par 4 - 3H center of fairway.  Very sharp dog leg left.  This was the longest club I could use or risk going through the fairway.

6. Par 3 - PW on green - Easy Par 3.  GIR

7. Par 4 - Dog leg left, 6 iron right edge of fairway.  Again, longer club requires a draw to stay in the fairway. Long is in rough or hazard.  GIR

8. Par 4 - Driver to 80 yards, left side of fairway.  GIR

9. Par 5 - Driver - center of fairway.  Hard dog leg right.  I pulled the driver a bit, but it just ended up further back.  GIR

I also work a bit on the drill in this post, post #17 , at lunch along with my other drills.  It really helped solidify my contact with my irons and woods.  I recommend others add this.  I only had the swing thought of pressing down on my left thumb as described in the video.

Scott

My Swing Thread

LoL! Ok here is my last post on this thread... You have it. Close the face on the irons a touch so they arent open and let your body adjust to the real line instead of the slight opens you describe from shot shape, and the course is yours. That description is good enough that you need to start telling people your thoughts on their game heaven forbid...but you have crossed some line of knowledge and are headed to a good place by your description. Who where your influences?

Tom R.

LoL! Ok here is my last post on this thread...

You have it. Close the face on the irons a touch so they arent open and let your body adjust to the real line instead of the slight opens you describe from shot shape, and the course is yours. That description is good enough that you need to start telling people your thoughts on their game heaven forbid...but you have crossed some line of knowledge and are headed to a good place by your description.

Who where your influences?

But my irons are already drawing.  Closing the face at set up will draw them more.  I use the Nicklaus method for set up.  Pick my line and target.  Find a point within a foot or two from the ball.  Line my body parallel to the line of my ball and that point.  I open the face slightly to mitigate the overdraw or hook.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Lol I think you didnt close the 5 iron somehow!

Tom R.

Lol I think you didnt close the 5 iron somehow!

Depends on his start line. Sounds like he was trying to fade it and just overdid it. Like @boogielicious said, he draws most of his shots so it doesn't make sense for him to have a "square" club face at address for his stock shot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Overdid underdid..hope they arent different. Like my cut into tha wind 215 flag par 3 protected bunker right? Yeah you guessed it..that long arching shot, damned neighbors watching cause they knew some on my flight. Just underdid it by two inches. My first hole in one.

Tom R.

Overdid underdid..hope they arent different.

Like my cut into tha wind 215 flag par 3 protected bunker right? Yeah you guessed it..that long arching shot, damned neighbors watching cause they knew some on my flight.

Just underdid it by two inches.

My first hole in one.

I processed this post using my decoder ring I got in my Ovaltine and it read back, "Eat More Ovaltine".

Scott

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickyputt

Overdid underdid..hope they arent different.

Like my cut into tha wind 215 flag par 3 protected bunker right? Yeah you guessed it..that long arching shot, damned neighbors watching cause they knew some on my flight.

Just underdid it by two inches.

My first hole in one.

I processed this post using my decoder ring I got in my Ovaltine and it read back, "Eat More Ovaltine".

Constantine

Lol well I missed it by two inches anyway..right into the roots of the grass on the bunker lip and it rolled back into the pit of despair.. No way it would have missed otherwise.

Tom R.

Last time I checked this thread is about @boogielicious 's swing, so let's stick to that :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Last time I checked this thread is about @boogielicious 's swing, so let's stick to that :-)

Wholeheartedly agree...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• 2 months later...

Below is an example of the mirror work I do at my work gym.  There is a larger mirror in front and to the right of where I am set up.  This drill I am focusing on having the hands inside the club head at A2 with the face perpendicular to the swing plane and closing the knees together more from A5 to A7.  I am working with @sk golf in my Evolvr lessons.  Now I just have to figure out how to hit balls in here!  Otherwise, it will be a long winter.

Scott

My Swing Thread