IGNORED

What's your Top end combo???

Hardballs
Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I've ditched my fairway woods! They're in the garage, I know most people ditch their long irons for hybrids, but just wondering if anyone else has ditched their WOODS for hybrids? I'll get them re shafted one day and try again, but for now it's all about the hybrid! Also, we know most peoples wedge combo, but what about your top end?? my top end now looks like:- Driver- 12* geek DCT 1h(15.5*) cleveland classic 3h(20.5*) cleveland classic 5i at 23* Rbladez And I'm happy with this..... For now!

Gaz Lee

So, I've ditched my fairway woods! They're in the garage, I know most people ditch their long irons for hybrids, but just wondering if anyone else has ditched their WOODS for hybrids? I'll get them re shafted one day and try again, but for now it's all about the hybrid!

I thought about ditching my woods (5w and 3w) and buying a couple long irons (a 3i and 1i) recently as I'm hitting my irons really well. But I slapped myself back into place because of two reasons...

1. If my swing is where it should be, it shouldn't matter what club I'm hitting...just need more practice.
2. I need to stop spending money on things I think will help my game, and start putting money towards things that will DEFINITELY help my game. Like driving range passes/course membership.

I don't hit my woods very well either...but I've now taking it as a challenge. They are in great condition so there's no reason to be getting new clubs just because I suck.

(Disclaimer: I've never played a hybrid so I can't comment on that)

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I don't hit my woods very well either...but I've now taking it as a challenge. They are in great condition so there's no reason to be getting new clubs just because I suck.   (Disclaimer: I've never played a hybrid so I can't comment on that)

Well I was in you shoes earlier this year, and I picked up a cheap hybrid because a friend of mine hits his so well! I didn't think I would like one, but after 1 round with it, there was no denying it's capability! It's now my fave club for long second shots and my scores have dropped instantly! I don't know if my swing just suits them or I got lucky with this particular model, but it's awesome for me! And so now I'm hoping the matching 1h will become something of a 4wood! You never know till ya try, but I agree about constantly spending money on equipment, it's not always the answer, but in this case it was! What's your top end look like??

Gaz Lee

At the moment I'm carrying a 10.5* driver, a 18* 5-wood, and a 20* 3-hybrid. I also have a 15* 3-wood, but I hit the 5 almost as far and I generally leave the 3 behind in favour of an extra wedge. Personally I regard the hybrid as a replacement for my 3-iron, though having it has also meant I leave the 7-wood behind.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

I've always hit my irons well and I hit the ball fairly long so I go with a driver, 3 hybrid, then standard irons 3, 4, 5, etc. I've been struggling with the hybrid though so I only use it on rare occasion, usually opting for my 3 iron instead.

PhotoCaddy golf app is designed to save all of your golf experiences and memories for you and keep them at your fingertips. The app will record golf courses, dates, group members, and photos. It plots a map with all the golf courses you’ve played, then displays all of the information you’ve saved inside each pin on the map. 

Find out more at www.PhotoCaddyGolf.com

Get it on Android here

Get it on iPhone here

Driver, 3 wood, and 3 iron are the only clubs I use off of the tee. I will occasionally swap out the 3 wood for a 5 wood for shorter courses. With my length I should probably get a hybrid to hit off the tee but my driver is my best club and I can't help but overuse it.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tried 3-woods, can't hit em. Bought a 4 wood, showed promise, now can't hit it either. Now it's driver, 3 hybrid on par 5's. I score much better this way.

Also use 3 hybrid off tee box instead of 3 or 4 wood.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Just got a few new clubs with a bday gift certificate to global golf and still contemplating Nike Covert Driver which I'm still toying with settings. Will try 11.5 tomorrow Cobra baffler T Rail 16 degree and 18 degree FWs Cobra baffler T rail plus 19 degree hybrid One of those needs to go. Most likely the 5W if I can get good at hitting the 3W off the turf

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

My top end looks like this: 10.5* Titleist 910D2 15.5* Cleveland 588 3W 19* TM RBZ2 Rescue
Titleist 910D2 Titleist 910F 19* Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW Top Flite Tour Wedge 56* Cleveland Smart Square Putter

My top end is:

Driver : Titleist 913 D2

5 wood: Titleist 913

9 wood : Callaway Razr X Black

I carry no hybrids and every time I try to sneak one in, it ruins the day

I own many 3 woods but am smart enough to not put them in the bag, because if they were there, I would use them.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Top end is:

Callaway Razr Fit 9.5 driver

Callaway Razr X black 3W

Adams Idea Tech V3 2 hybrid

I'm inconsistent with the driver and only use it when there is a wide open fairway--otherwise i go with the 3W which i am confident with.  The 2 hybrid has become one of my favorite clubs in the bag and it is my go-to club for a lot of situations on the course

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Currently, my top end is

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* driver

Callaway Diablo Octane 15*  3W

Callaway Razr X 3 hybrid (21*)

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Right now, I have:

8.5˚ adjustable driver set to 9.5˚ at 45"

15˚ titanium hybrid at 42"

19˚ titanium hybrid at 41"

21˚ 3 iron at 39"

I also have a 13.5˚ 3 wood and a 17˚ hybrid and 18˚ 2 iron that don't currently have a spot. The 17˚ hybrid is fine but the 19˚ has a bit higher and stronger trajectory at about the same average distance. The 19 and 15 are really more 5 and 3 wood than hybrids, since I like around 20 yard gaps at the top of the set and matched hybrids provide more of a 10-15 yard gap in many cases. I rarely hit the 15˚ off the deck however, and I tend to hit the 4 iron about 5 yards shorter carry than the 3 off the deck most of the time. I'd probably be a bit happier with something between the 2 and 3 irons gap wise, but it works well enough off the tee that I can hit the needed shots. More concerning is the other end of the bag at the moment, I feel I have the right lofts for the most part but I struggle with certain full shot distances.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Tried 3-woods, can't hit em. Bought a 4 wood, showed promise, now can't hit it either. Now it's driver, 3 hybrid on par 5's. I score much better this way. Also use 3 hybrid off tee box instead of 3 or 4 wood.

...and your not tempted by a 1 or 2 hybrid?

Gaz Lee

10.5 xhot 15 xhot 3w 17 tm rescue 21 tm rescue

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

10.5 xhot 15 xhot 3w 17 tm rescue 21 tm rescue

This looks a nicely spaced top end combo! Could you tell me your average distances for these!

Gaz Lee

I have a 9.5 titelist driver, 15* adams 3 wood, 19* Taylormade Raylor 3H and 22* Taylormade Raylor 4H. The Raylors are, without a doubt, the easiest clubs to hit I have ever owned. I wish they made them in 14* or 15* so I could ditch my 3 wood!!!  The 3H replaced my 5W and the 4H replaced my 4i.

Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!