IGNORED

Concealed Carry on The Course

EZPZ
Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The point is, it's not inappropriate to carry one on a golf course. I haven't felt a need but I'm OK with anyone licensed doing so. Going to the movies is also a leisure activity, odds against a mass murder occurring there very similar to winning the lottery, but it happened. I sure wish someone was carrying in that situation, would have been fewer dead and injured. If you're licensed, it's appropriate to carry wherever it's legal. We need to make more places legal.

Or the guy carrying could end up dead like the one in the Vegas shooting a couple weeks ago.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Or the guy carrying could end up dead like the one in the Vegas shooting a couple weeks ago.

Lol.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

The bad guy climbing in the window does not know, and worse yet, probably does not care if a gun is present in the home or not.

Oh, he cares -- A LOT! There are mountains upon mountains of evidence to back that up.

John

• Administrator
Oh, he cares -- A LOT! There are mountains upon mountains of evidence to back that up.

Stop bringing facts to a gun fight.

Please get back to the topic of concealed carry on the golf course, please.

P.S. I've never felt the need on the golf course. Or, as I've said, anywhere but the seedy boat launches at 4am, honestly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I guess I am going to need the list of places where there is NO chance of a crime happening to me.

I personally can scratch golf course off that list. Played alot of golf, only felt threatened once on the golf course.

But once was enough for me to know I don't want it to happen again. I have no problem with firearm education, training, etc. think it is a GREAT idea. We can even try to get a law passed, we can call it FREE firearm training to get everyone sucked in, then change the name to AFFORDABLE firearm training. The people that had no intention of getting training will get it free. The people already paying for training will have to pay a hell of a lot more to make up for the ones getting it free. O:)

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

How about exploring other protective training methods like martial arts? Seems a lot more practical in every day life. That drunk on the golf course, maybe he gets violent maybe he doesn't. But if he does instead of the hassle of justifying why you shot an unarmed man you are explaining to the cops it was legit self defense when they look at a living person with a couple of black eyes. Surprised it hasn't come up earlier with all the "I was taught" posts. If it even goes that far, sidestepping a loaded guy and laughing at him as he falls on his ass is easy enough.

Quote:

But if he does instead of the hassle of justifying why you shot an unarmed man you are explaining to the cops it was legit self defense when they look at a living person with a couple of black eyes.

Just because he didn't have a firearm -- emphasis on the "fire" part -- doesn't mean he was unarmed. Golf clubs have been used to kill people in the past and will undoubtedly be used for that purpose in the future.

John

How about exploring other protective training methods like martial arts? Seems a lot more practical in every day life. That drunk on the golf course, maybe he gets violent maybe he doesn't. But if he does instead of the hassle of justifying why you shot an unarmed man you are explaining to the cops it was legit self defense when they look at a living person with a couple of black eyes. Surprised it hasn't come up earlier with all the "I was taught" posts. If it even goes that far, sidestepping a loaded guy and laughing at him as he falls on his ass is easy enough.

You're right next time anything of the same nature happens to me I will pull out my ipad and play soothing ocean sounds, or show them some Dr Phil

re-runs. If this doesn't work I will show them my hands in a karate chop action pose. We sir will have to agree to disagree. Just putting my opinion out there, you're doing the same....... kewl. let's go play golf

I do really think the OP's point was you never know what could happen, and if something bad does happen he would like to be prepared.

I have owned guns for a lot of years, never shot anyone. Hope I never have too.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Great idea if someone would like to pursue. What I don't think you're getting is that it is just as appropriate to legally carry a firearm as to be armed with MMA skills.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

You're right next time anything of the same nature happens to me I will pull out my ipad and play soothing ocean sounds, or show them some Dr Phil

re-runs. If this doesn't work I will show them my hands in a karate chop action pose. We sir will have to agree to disagree. Just putting my opinion out there, you're doing the same....... kewl. let's go play golf

I do really think the OP's point was you never know what could happen, and if something bad does happen he would like to be prepared.

I have owned guns for a lot of years, never shot anyone. Hope I never have too.

With someone like you, never.

With someone like you, never.

Wow, that's pretty harsh.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Oh, geez! Another round of drivel.

The NY Times being regarded as the "best newspaper in the world" has nothing to do with any of this. If a dwarf is acknowledged as the "tallest midget in the world," does that make him a tall person? Yeah, that's an extreme example, but it illustrates the same line of thinking.

I'm not saying the article was not based on facts. I'm saying that particular facts were carefully selected so that the article painted a picture that fits with the paper's philosophy that guns in the possession of average citizens are a very bad thing. A whole bunch of facts that say otherwise were conveniently left out.

This is common practice throughout all media. I know this all too well – I've spent my entire adult life in that sector. The conservative side does it, too.

I like facts a lot -- but I want all of them, not just the ones that promote particular agendas.

I think you are out of touch with the article. Your emotions and the patent dismissing of other's arguments lends credence to the fact that your opinion is the only one that counts -- that is drivel. Your emotions and extreme examples show you are .... extreme.

Basically, the article discusses the trend in gun laws, that most CC are law abiding citizens, that the evidence is not in as to whether people having CC reduces crime, that certain people fall through the cracks, etc. Nothing new really except to say there is insufficient evidence as to what works or does not work.

Back to golf and guns ... I think the key is not allowing yourself to get emotional, to think logically, and maintain your composure when all about you are losing their own...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

@ditchparrot19 ,

Please use multi-quote and refrain from personal attacks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think you are out of touch with the article.

The only thing I'm out of touch with is the flawed rationale that leads you to your positions. I'll admit I find it incomprehensible.

John

Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!