IGNORED

What time do you prefer to tee off and why?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What time do you prefer to tee off?

• Early morning.
    • Late morning.
    • Noon.
    • Afternoon.
    • Twilight.

Definitely in the morning, cos if I play good, i can play another 18, and vice versa ;)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the hottest part of the day 2:30 PM tee off is ideal and I carry my bag. I could drop dead in the middle of a shot but there are worst ways to go.

A perfect day for me would be to have a 10:00 AM tee time (after all of the dew has dried) hit the men's grill for lunch at the turn, and then do the back nine.

I really get irritated when a course has a Marshal or a Marshal/Starter that won't allow you to take a lunch break. As a matter of fact, I don't like Marshals much at all; they all seem totally tactless and somehow don't realize you are the one paying their wages.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Early morning is best, you wake up, play 18 and finish at 11:00. You still have the whole day ahead of you to do other things

Yes, like play another 18.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

I enjoy teeing off in the early morning. It is usually not too hot and there aren't that many hackers on the course... mostly just other golfers who know how to play and don't mind having a little morning laugh. I love to see morning dew on the grass and to hear the birds and other sounds of nature.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I've worked nights for over 15 years, I HAVE to play in the a-noon. I really don't have a choice. I can make an 11am tee time depending on who I'm teeing up with. Generally speaking, I start in between 2 and 4.

if I play on the weekend I like to play as early as possible....2 weeks ago we got off at 7:10am.....if it's during the week, I like playing in the mid-afternoon.....it's never busy so time isn't that important....

working rotating shifts as I do I can play when ever......

I prefer to tee off around 10:30a.m. I have been up for about 5 hours, I have stretched, had coffee, read the papers, performed the morning ablutions and I'm ready to play.

On certain workdays, I find it fun to leave the office around three and be on the course by 3:30 or 3:45. Again, by that time of the day, I am well limber. During late spring, summer and early fall, if I tee off anywhere from 3:30 to 4:00, I can easily play 18 on my home course.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I prefer to tee off around 10:30a.m. I have been up for about 5 hours, I have stretched, had coffee, read the papers, performed the morning ablutions and I'm ready to play.

The above is very true for me as well - Except that on the weekends, I prefer to get up around 8:00, not 5:30!

I lke going out early. That way I can play and still have some of the day left to do whatever. It also minimizes the spousal anger if I am not gone all day.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I voted for early morning so I have time to do more things that day. I could just as easily vote for evenings. I get great practice at that time, since the course is often empty!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

10:00 AM. Golf is my passion. When I play (And that is often, 60 rounds p/yr), I make it my day's activity, and enjoy it to the Max! I get a good night's sleep, have a good breakfast at home, warm up, play the front 9, make the turn around 12:30 and grab a sandwich and coffee, play the back 9 and finish around 3:00, hit a small bucket at the range, have a beer, get home in time for a good hot shower, have a good dinner, then re-play the round in my head and decide how to shave a stroke on the next round. I don't try to do 20 different things on the days when I play golf. (See Signature Line). I concentrate on playing golf! I'm grateful to have arrived at the point in my life when I can afford and be able to do that.

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
As soon as I can see the flag I'm gone I pay at the turn or after the round , most of the time I'm on the 8th or 9th hole when the coarse opens I did 18 yesterday and made it to work by 8am by far the best time to golf imo.

I like to tee off at 7.00 to 7.30,our group are pretty fast golfers,nothing as bad as getting out behind a slow group of golfers early in the morning at the weekend,slow groups should'nt be let out before 9.30 at the weekend.I am not on about low or high handicappers,i played with very good golfers who are painfully slow,We were the 3rd group out a few weeks ago and the group in front of us were 4 holes behind the group in front of them,of course no marshals to be seen.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!