IGNORED

My Swing (DeadMan)

DeadMan

Seeing you perform the drill will be interesting. Swing looks pretty good for all that snow still on the ground.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2021 at 5:21 PM, mchepp said:

Seeing you perform the drill will be interesting. Swing looks pretty good for all that snow still on the ground.

Finally got back to the range last week to film this:

Would like to exaggerate the finish a little more and keep the wrists set like you would with a bump and run chip. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Finally got back to the range last week to film this:

Would like to exaggerate the finish a little more and keep the wrists set like you would with a bump and run chip. 

Looks pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first competitive round in ~10 months over the weekend. I started off really poorly, +5 after 3 holes. But then I steadied the ship and finished the round at +10, including an even par back 9. I was very pleased. I hit a lot of good shots down the stretch, and I pured multiple shots on the back 9. 

I feel really close to playing good golf. I feel really good about the changes I'm making in the swing. I need to do more on my short game and putting. The hardest part will be finding time to practice and play. I'm going to the driving range about once a week for 45 minutes on my lunch break, and then playing every 2 weeks or so. That's probably not enough. Hopefully the weather gets better soon (currently snowing...) and my lighted range turns on their lights soon. I need to find the energy at night to drag out my net and hit shots at home, too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• 2 months later...

Notes from the Wisconsin trip:

• Long game is as good as it has ever been. I lost 2 balls over 6 rounds, which is incredibly good for me. I'm struggling to think of a time when I hit the ball better, and I don't think I have for that many rounds. The challenge is going to be keeping it up, because...
  • Short game and putting needs a lot of work. It makes sense, because I've been working a ton on my long game to get it better. That worked paid off, but I need to get my putting and short game better. For putting, I need to work on speed control a lot more. I also need to focus more on less face movement when the stroke gets longer. I also need to work on bead, because I miss my line on putts inside of 10 feet way too often. For short game, I need to find a chipping technique that works. I need to review some of the COVID practice stuff on chipping to get that technique better. My distance control with chips needs to be better. Pitching was not good at Sand Valley, but I think that's more due to the turf than anything. Still could use some tuning up there.

Practice ratios for me for the next couple of months will probably be 15% long game, 50% putting, and 35% short game. Unless something bad rears its head in my long game, which is absolutely possible.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• 1 month later...

Recent swing videos:

Going to be working on my grip a little bit, and then I'm looking at working on my club/hand path in the backswing. I'm going way too shallow in the backswing, which makes shallowing the downswing challenging. This is something I've worked on in the past, and I know I can clean it up. Making it stick this time would be good. According to @iacas, the grip changes should help make the changes easier. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

11 hours ago, DeadMan said:

then I'm looking at working on my club/hand path in the backswing.

Looks like you still get in a pretty decent path coming into the ball but yeah. Really cool views on that driving range.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

13 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Looks like you still get in a pretty decent path coming into the ball but yeah.

It's not bad at the moment, but it can come and go. I can definitely hit some wild shots, which I imagine are the result of the path into the ball not being as good as it should be. I definitely have videos where it looks like I'm coming in way over the top at the ball, even though the path isn't that different. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

38 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@DeadMan, what are you changing on your grip if you don't mind sharing? 

I'm moving the right hand grip to have my V pointing towards my right shoulder rather than my left shoulder. I'm also trying to get the left hand more in the fingers and less in the palm, but the right hand is more important.

It's a weird feeling at the moment, but I'll get used to it. I have to make sure to slow down a split second during my routine and make sure my grip looks correct.

• Informative 1

-- Daniel

• 1 month later...

Showing a little bit of progress. A few things to clean up here, but it is slightly better:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress. I like where this is at in the backswing. Need more time to get this fully ingrained, but good start:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Looking better.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 5 months later...

Back on my bullshit:

1054794510_DanielsBS.thumb.png.3e547be36e7ee845fa487aee13439a62.png

These are the 27 holes I played over the weekend. Woof.

Will be going to the range this week at some point to film, and I'll post a swing update in here too.

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Have you sent some short game or putting videos in to your Evolvr instructor? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

Have you sent some short game or putting videos in to your Evolvr instructor? 🙂

It's on my list, now that snow is melted. I did submit one about 6 months ago, which was about the last time I worked on putting outside.

-- Daniel

• 1 month later...

Most recent swings:

My priority piece has been a little bit of hip movement forward and down just before transition. Took me a little longer than it probably should have, but this looks a lot better. 

Back into 5 for my handicap, which is the first time I've been that low since early 2020. Having a good month or so of golf at the moment. Iron play is very good right now. Driver is also very good, although not as good as my irons. Putting is probably close to the best it's been for me. My last two rounds had 31 and 29 putts, which is really good. That is in large part due to my irons, partially due to my short game, but also some good lag putting. 

Hoping to keep this up! We will see. It comes and goes sometimes. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

-- Daniel

• 7 months later...

Been a while, so I'm going to post my swing with a quick update.

Currently working on cleaning up my grip and some backswing stuff. Working on being steeper in the backswing overall right now - making sure the club is not outside of my hands at A2.

2022 was a very good golf year for me. I'm down to a 3.9 handicap, which is my record low. Had a lot of good rounds, including multiple in the low 70s. I was breaking 80 about half the time, which I'm happy with. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play much after September with a combination of work, personal stuff, and bad weather. I've essentially put the clubs away except for a few trips to the range. I'm going to have a renewed focus for 2023. I'm going to start doing the 5 minutes of practice, do some speed stick training, and do more mirror work. 

Might post a little more bit on my practice focus for the beginning of 2023 as well. I need to work on wedge play and my short game generally. 

• Thumbs Up 3

-- Daniel