IGNORED

My Swing (Slowcelica)

Slowcelica

• Administrator

Would the video quality of these swings be good enough for evolvr? Not the position but the fps and video quality?

Yes, of course. We've had much, much worse. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Will @iacas weight forward impact drill help with forward shaft lean and handle in front of the ball at impact?

Yeah, if you do it properly. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi Rob, your Evolvr video should be uploaded soon.

Good drill/image for you

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hi Rob, your Evolvr video should be uploaded soon. Good drill/image for you

Thanks. I got the analysis and I will work on those things, should I upload videos weekly? Also sorry for being so far away from the camera I only had a couple minutes to get the video, so I only had 1 take for both and figured being farther back was better than being to close :)

Thanks. I got the analysis and I will work on those things, should I upload videos weekly? Also sorry for being so far away from the camera I only had a couple minutes to get the video, so I only had 1 take for both and figured being farther back was better than being to close :)

I wouldn't recommend uploading every week, it's just too often and you can't change things enough in just one week. It's not the best use the instructor's or your time. The option to upload every week is there in case you're really confused or the instructor wants to make a small adjustment and suggests you upload within a week to see how it changes things. Most of the time you should upload when you feel like you've made the picture change. Since this is your first one I think you should upload within a couple weeks to check in.

Mike McLoughlin

I wouldn't recommend uploading every week, it's just too often and you can't change things enough in just one week. It's not the best use the instructor's or your time. The option to upload every week is there in case you're really confused or the instructor wants to make a small adjustment and suggests you upload within a week to see how it changes things. Most of the time you should upload when you feel like you've made the picture change. Since this is your first one I think you should upload within a couple weeks to check in.

Ok thanks.

@mvmac I've been practicing the steady head every night using the drill you suggested, and the weight forward also, can you give me a feeling or tip on how to keep my head from dipping down on the downswing as I shift my weight forward? It's weird in my backswing to keep my head from dipping I really feel like I'm pushing it up, and almost standing up more, but when I look at it on video it's staying close to the same height and not dipping when I do this.

@mvmac

I've been practicing the steady head every night using the drill you suggested, and the weight forward also, can you give me a feeling or tip on how to keep my head from dipping down on the downswing as I shift my weight forward?

It's weird in my backswing to keep my head from dipping I really feel like I'm pushing it up, and almost standing up more, but when I look at it on video it's staying close to the same height and not dipping when I do this.

It's fine for the head to go down a little on the downswing, just a reaction to the way you "load" into the ground.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
Updated video after working on keys #1 & 2, got a new drill from Brian from evolvr, I'll be working on now. Basically focusing on turning my hips and shoulders faster as I get my weight forward. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/xAkbS3526Ps[/VIDEO]

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted on my thread but I have been hard at work with Brian @ evolvr. Here is some stills of my progress, Brian had me working on getting more rotation with my hips and shoulders through impact. Here is a pic of the before on the left and the after on the right. Now he has me working on getting my legs straighter at impact and beyond, you can see from this picture that my legs are pretty bent and are not extending like they should.

• Administrator

Now he has me working on getting my legs straighter at impact and beyond, you can see from this picture that my legs are pretty bent and are not extending like they should.

Good stuff. I've seen a few of your videos. Keep it up.

Thanks. My hope is to get my swing in good enough shape to break into the 80's this summer I probably could now I just need to chip and pitch better, I don't get up and down much

• 4 months later...
Been a while since I posted some progress here is my latest swing videos. I am current working on relaxing my arms some at setup, bending my knees a little more, and not being so laid off at the top of my backswing. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ATvi1A8whXI[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Zjel8-TT_EU[/VIDEO]

• 3 weeks later...
Latest swing videos, I've been working on getting in a better position at the top of the backswing, and not laying the club off so much. [VIDEO]https://youtu.be/RNSDk3fEor4[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://youtu.be/GbAfuKQdukI[/VIDEO]

• 5 weeks later...

Its been a while since I've posted on this thread. My goal this year is to increase my distance and accuracy with my driver. I would like to hit 66% or higher of fairways and get my average up to 230 yards. This week I worked on my driver and fixing my slice, by doing driver chips. I saw some improvement in distance and accuracy.

The year so far.

Today, my average would have been a lot higher but I had 2 mishits.