IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I can safely say that most of us would not have to worry about our team doing this.

You say that and yet, the only people making an issue of this are either media types or retired players..     Hell, Rodgers admitted to trying to get overinflated balls past the refs (over inflation would be cheating just as much as underinflation).

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the NFL found him on video ... As opposed to him being a scapegoat offered up by the Patriots. Subtle yet significant difference.

Drew the issue is still Tom Brady's knowledge and consent. It strains credulity to think a kid from the equipment room would alter the balls without the HoF franchise QB knowing about it.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Drew the issue is still Tom Brady's knowledge and consent. It strains credulity to think a kid from the equipment room would alter the balls without the HoF franchise QB knowing about it.

What about Newton and Bridgewater?

You say that and yet, the only people making an issue of this are either media types or retired players..     Hell, Rodgers admitted to trying to get overinflated balls past the refs (over inflation would be cheating just as much as underinflation).

And what do you expect, the president of Mexico getting involved? You are missing all points, balls were tampered with after being checked by the refs, not slid by beforehand.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

So predictable. Anyone still believe there wasn't intent in deflating balls? Jeez, couldn't have been more blatant and obvious.

Well here is the latest the Ball attendant ducked into a men's room before heading out on the field. He was in the room for 90 seconds. Sure sounds like a Piss stop to me. I timed one of my normal piss stops while I did not have a duffel bag full of footballs with me I did find a similar time approximately:

10 seconds prep time I was sitting on a toilet. I don't have a urinal at my home.

55 seconds for actual urination

8 seconds to redress

20 seconds to wash and dry hands

93 seconds total

It has  turned into  Urinate Gate.

And what do you expect, the president of Mexico getting involved?

You are missing all points, balls were tampered with after being checked by the refs, not slid by beforehand.

When and where were the balls tampered with? Where is your proof?

When and where were the balls tampered with? Where is your proof?

Don't worry, Goodell has you covered. A ball boy will take the fall and be shipped to the 3rd world country where all the *2007 patriots super bowl champions* t-shirts were sent. From there will be an announcement that the pats may be guilty and the team will be stripped of their 2nd breakfast during the 3rd practice of the preseason.

Follow me on twitter

Well here is the latest the Ball attendant ducked into a men's room before heading out on the field. He was in the room for 90 seconds. Sure sounds like a Piss stop to me. I timed one of my normal piss stops while I did not have a duffel bag full of footballs with me I did find a similar time approximately: 10 seconds prep time I was sitting on a toilet. I don't have a urinal at my home. 55 seconds for actual urination 8 seconds to redress 20 seconds to wash and dry hands 93 seconds total It has  turned into  Urinate Gate.

I truly do appreciate your consistency and steadfastness.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Anyone see @club ho around? I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation to this new piece of evidence.. The colts paid him off maybe? ;)

I like the way you think. The NFL needs to stop looking at the Patriots and start looking for the money trail.

Sounds like the NFL found him on video ... As opposed to him being a scapegoat offered up by the Patriots. Subtle yet significant difference.

Yep, looks like some rogue Patriots attendant took matters into his own hand. Good to see Tom Brady and Belichek is going to vindicated of any wrong doing :-P .

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I truly do appreciate your consistency and steadfastness.

Just made a second experiment this time doing a good old #2:

Without getting into details the total time was  1 minute 52.16 seconds

With only 90 seconds to "work with" clearly it was just a PISS STOP!

Like everything else, we don't know for sure, but the game was in NE, so there's a decent chance the patriots owned the video.  Of course it could also be some media guy in the hallway.  But none of that really matters.  Its not the turning over of the video that makes this guy the scapegoat, its the fact that everyone else is going to play dumb and let him take the fall.  You've got a QB who makes $26M a year, telling a guy to deflate the football, then playing CYA when he gets caught.  The attendant meanwhile loses his job and is barred from ever working in the NFL.  The QB goes home to a super model and on to the Hall of Fame.

I am not a media type or retire player and I think its fair to say that I've made a HUGE deal out of this. :-P .

So I think its "only" the media, policitians, ex-players, fans, SNL, and all US citizens that don't live in MA, RI, NH, or Maine, who cares.

Well here is the latest the Ball attendant ducked into a men's room before heading out on the field. He was in the room for 90 seconds. Sure sounds like a Piss stop to me. I timed one of my normal piss stops while I did not have a duffel bag full of footballs with me I did find a similar time approximately:

10 seconds prep time I was sitting on a toilet. I don't have a urinal at my home.

55 seconds for actual urination

8 seconds to redress

20 seconds to wash and dry hands

93 seconds total

It has  turned into  Urinate Gate.

In other words, he could not have urinated in only 90 seconds and he must have been deflating footballs?

I'm curious to know what "prep time" involves.

I'm really trying hard not to comment on the last one! :beer:

Breaking News!  The owner of the Patriots did NOT blame QB or Coach.  I think we can put this to bed now.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Like everything else, we don't know for sure, but the game was in NE, so there's a decent chance the patriots owned the video.  Of course it could also be some media guy in the hallway.  But none of that really matters.  Its not the turning over of the video that makes this guy the scapegoat, its the fact that everyone else is going to play dumb and let him take the fall.  You've got a QB who makes $26M a year, telling a guy to deflate the football, then playing CYA when he gets caught.  The attendant meanwhile loses his job and is barred from ever working in the NFL.  The QB goes home to a super model and on to the Hall of Fame.

I am not a media type or retire player and I think its fair to say that I've made a HUGE deal out of this.  .

So I think its "only" the media, policitians, ex-players, fans, SNL, and all US citizens that don't live in MA, RI, NH, or Maine, who cares.

In other words, he could not have urinated in only 90 seconds and he must have been deflating footballs?

I'm curious to know what "prep time" involves.

I'm really trying hard not to comment on the last one!

Because in my household bathroom we do not have a urinal I out of respect for others always do my number 1's while sitting. It avoids splash over.  So I have to lower my pants and underwear. Hence i estimate the 10 second prep time. I am confident I could cut 3 seconds off my time if I had access to a urinal. :dance:

Bob Kraft wants an apology when the NFL determines that his team is innocent.  What does he plan to do when the NFL determines that they're not?

I'm just kidding.  The Patriots are bulletproof.

Read this and tell me you think there's a chance in hell that the Patriots get in any serious trouble:  http://www.gq.com/sports/201502/roger-goodell-season-from-hell?currentPage=1

This is why the appearance of impartiality is important.  Now they'll have to lie in the bed they made.  If the NFL exonerates the Patriots, this will be why.  If they penalize them, this will be why the penalty isn't more harsh.  There's no winning for the Patriots, and the only win for the NFL would be a heavy handed penalty.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

You are missing all points, balls were tampered with after being checked by the refs, not slid by beforehand.

So, EXACTLY what the Vikings and Panthers did two months ago. Cool. Remind me again what their pinishment was and of all of the outrage and indignation we displayed? I know it's out there, but I'm getting old and I just don't remember.

So, EXACTLY what the Vikings and Panthers did two months ago. Cool. Remind me again what their pinishment was and of all of the outrage and indignation we displayed? I know it's out there, but I'm getting old and I just don't remember.

I'm not that old :-P and there was NO punishment i've heard of from the NFL, and NO public outcry.

Heck deflating the footballs is getting more people up and arms than Adrian Peterson beating his kid. :no:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Allegedly. Neither team has the history of the patsies. They are already couched felons, no need to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Follow me on twitter

Allegedly.

Lol. I do not think that word means what you think it means. They were caught doing it on video during the game. The "allegedly" actually applies towards the Patriots here.

Putting the footballs next to the heater is illegal.  I know you're not going to agree with this, but its not the same thing.  One is something that the players probably thought was okay, but wasn't.  The ball was cold, so they tried to keep them warm.  The NFL responded by reminding everybody not to do that.

The Patriots had a ball boy stick a pin in the ball when nobody was looking because they knew it was wrong but they wanted the competitive advantage.  They did this just weeks after the league reminded everyone they can't mess with the balls after inspection.  And they have a history of cheating.  You might say history isn't relevant to whether the Pats cheated, but its certainly relevant to the penalty and to the perception.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!