IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ESPN playoff machine is wrong with the division. If the Bengals lose to Denver, and the Steelers lose to the Bengals, all the Browns need to do is win out. That's the most likely scenario. In that scenario, assuming all AFC North teams win their other games, it would be: Bengals: 9-6-1 Steelers: 10-6-0 Baltimore: 10-6-0 Browns: 10-6-0 So the Bengals would be in last place, with a 3-way tie for first. However... First tiebreaker for the division is the division record.  Pittsburgh: 3-3 Baltimore: 2-4 Browns: 4-2

Agreed but Pittsburgh would be wild card, because wins against Atlanta and KC we clinch a playoff berth, however you're right about Cleveland winning out and making the playoffs though, because first wild card tie-breaker is to break the tie in the division, so even if Pittsburgh wins out and so does Cleveland, Cleveland wouldn't win the division but they would be the Wild Card, unless Houston wins out

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but Pittsburgh would be wild card, because wins against Atlanta and KC we clinch a playoff berth, however you're right about Cleveland winning out and making the playoffs though, because first wild card tie-breaker is to break the tie in the division, so even if Pittsburgh wins out and so does Cleveland, Cleveland wouldn't win the division but they would be the Wild Card, unless Houston wins out

Yup. I've given up on the wild card. The odds of everything going right for us to win that are about 5% even with us winning out.

If we win out, I'd say we have a 50% chance of winning the division. Will just come down to the Cincy/Pitt game.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Yup. I've given up on the wild card. The odds of everything going right for us to win that are about 5% even with us winning out. If we win out, I'd say we have a 50% chance of winning the division. Will just come down to the Cincy/Pitt game.

The Cincy-Pitt game has no bearing on whether you make the playoffs or not, in a perfect world if Cleveland wins out, they will be the #6, Indy is going to beat Houston, you guys can beat Cincy you've did it in Cincy, for some reason the Browns seem extra motivated for the battle of Ohio, I don't know why but they always bring their best stuff in those games... Carolina is probably a tougher game than you would want it to be because, as hilarious as it sounds Carolina could still win the NFC South... so that would put you 9-6... So going into week 17 the North would look like this: Pittsburgh 10-5 3-2 division Baltimore. 10-5 2-3 division Cincinnati. 8-6-1, 2-3 division Cleveland. 9-6, 3-2 division You don't have to worry about San Diego, the playoff picture would look like this: 1E: New England 12-3 Y 2W: Denver 12-3 Y 3N: Pittsburgh 10-5 X 4S: Indianapolis 10-5 Y WC5: San Diego 10-5 X WC6: Baltimore 10-5 In The Hunt: Cleveland 9-6 X: clinched playoff berth Y:Clinched division Basically if you win the Next two weeks you play Baltimore in what amounts to a playoff game... if you win this game you're in the playoffs, if you win and Cincy beats Pittsburgh, You are the #4 seed (Indy will probably win week 17) if Pitt beats Cincy you're the #6, you pretty much control your own destiny... New England will beat Buffalo, no worries there SD and PIT are going to eliminate KC, between you and Denver win eliminate Cincy, Indy will Eliminate Houston, and NE will Eliminate Miami for you... that puts you in control of your own destiny week 17

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The Cincy-Pitt game has no bearing on whether you make the playoffs or not, in a perfect world if Cleveland wins out, they will be the #6

I get that we can get to the playoffs in spite of that outcome...in a perfect world.

But it's a lot more likely we win the division by having 2 games out of our control go our way, than jump the 6 teams ahead of us for the wild card spot.

Ryan M

I get that we can get to the playoffs in spite of that outcome...in a perfect world. But it's a lot more likely we win the division by having 2 games out of our control go our way, than jump the 6 teams ahead of us for the wild card spot.

Do you think it's possible to win out with Hoyer or do they need to go to Manziel? I don't believe Cle winning the next 3 is feasible either way but I'm curious where you are on the qb controversy this week. I know you were on board with Hoyer last week, as was I, but damn, he stunk it up.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Do you think it's possible to win out with Hoyer or do they need to go to Manziel? I don't believe Cle winning the next 3 is feasible either way but I'm curious where you are on the qb controversy this week. I know you were on board with Hoyer last week, as was I, but damn, he stunk it up.

Gotta make the switch. Hoyer was abysmal...he wasn't the only one, but if he played even a mediocre game against that terrible defense, we win handily.

Bengals at home can be won, Carolina can be won (will be tough), and the Ravens on the road will be real tough...but anything can happen with as well as our defense is playing.

Ryan M

Gotta make the switch. Hoyer was abysmal...he wasn't the only one, but if he played even a mediocre game against that terrible defense, we win handily. Bengals at home can be won, Carolina can be won (will be tough), and the Ravens on the road will be real tough...but anything can happen with as well as our defense is playing.

I think so too. Johnny is not ready but throwing him into the fire might be a good education for him. 3 games, then another off-season to get bigger, stronger and work on technique, provided he can stay away from the bars. What the hell. I haven't heard much nationally about a qb controversy amongst the fandom there. If the same situation were in Dal, it would be huge.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think so too. Johnny is not ready but throwing him into the fire might be a good education for him. 3 games, then another off-season to get bigger, stronger and work on technique, provided he can stay away from the bars. What the hell.

I haven't heard much nationally about a qb controversy amongst the fandom there. If the same situation were in Dal, it would be huge.

Yeah, the issue is his maturity.

Tuesday night, the night before he could have been named the starter, he was out at the Cavs game. No big deal maybe, but it doesn't look great when Hoyer was probable holed up studying film and working on the game plan...

Problem with Johnny is he's arrogant and thinks he can win in this league on talent alone. You need to put in the work, too...

Ryan M

Yeah, the issue is his maturity. Tuesday night, the night before he could have been named the starter, he was out at the Cavs game. No big deal maybe, but it doesn't look great when Hoyer was probable holed up studying film and working on the game plan... Problem with Johnny is he's arrogant and thinks he can win in this league on talent alone. You need to put in the work, too...

You'd have thought his struggles in the pre-season and the few regular season snaps he's had this season would have wised him up. Along with immaturity and arrogance, he also suffers from dumbness. I pull for him and hope he grows up and overcomes those obstacles but ultimately, I think his size will prevent him from being a top qb in this league. RG3 2.0.

You'd have thought his struggles in the pre-season and the few regular season snaps he's had this season would have wised him up. Along with immaturity and arrogance, he also suffers from dumbness. I pull for him and hope he grows up and overcomes those obstacles but ultimately, I think his size will prevent him from being a top qb in this league. RG3 2.0.

Yeah we'll see. Russell Wilson is doing alright...and Manziel has more tools available IMO. Russell is way smarter, and a much harder worker though. Kid needs to get it together...

Ryan M

Yeah we'll see. Russell Wilson is doing alright...and Manziel has more tools available IMO. Russell is way smarter, and a much harder worker though. Kid needs to get it together...

What do you mean by more tools available?

This. Russell Wilson is sooo efficient. And put him together with that defense in Seattle and it isn't fair, as my Eagles found out yesterday.

Bill M

What do you mean by more tools available?

I think he's got more physical, raw talent than Russell Wilson. It's probably close though.

Ryan M

• Administrator
The Steelers now control their own destiny, they win out they win the AFC North, and probably get a 3 or 4 seed (maybe a 2 but I doubt it they would need a ton of help from Teams playing New England and Denver for that to happen)...

Still want us to clean house?, we got rid of Blount, got Harrison back from retirement, the defense is injured... and we're still 8-5, with Atlanta, KC and Cincy left...

Yes.

HC, OC, DC = all crap.

I'd include the front office in there too if I could, but I tend to tune out a bit in the off-season and so I can't comment authoritatively (as much as a fan can) there.

I'm not Erik, but I'm gonna assume he does. Tomlin is not a good coach., Haley is miserable...you guys are as inconsistent as they come...you look like world beaters, and then play like garbage the next game. There's no focus, and I think with the personnel you have now, you're a middling playoff team every year, if that...and it won't get better. I mean, the amount of talent on your team is extraordinary...but it doesn't always look like it.

That too.

Why the Bengals didn't keep exploiting the secondary I have no idea… And they couldn't stop a simple counter.

Congrats to Bell, though. First back with 200+ yards in three consecutive games since Walter Payton in 1977. That list is now two names long. First Ben with two all-time records, now Bell with a share of one. And yet they lost - big time - to the ****ing Jets. And barely beat Tampa Bay.

Yeah, screw the coaches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That too.

Why the Bengals didn't keep exploiting the secondary I have no idea… And they couldn't stop a simple counter.

Congrats to Bell, though. First back with 200+ yards in three consecutive games since Walter Payton in 1977. That list is now two names long. First Ben with two all-time records, now Bell with a share of one. And yet they lost - big time - to the ****ing Jets. And barely beat Tampa Bay.

Yeah, screw the coaches.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm saying...with Ben, Bell, Brown, Bryant, Miller still playing well...you guys should be a force.

BTW, you didn't barely beat Tampa Bay...they won that game. :-P

Ryan M

• Administrator

Yeah that's kind of what I'm saying...with Ben, Bell, Brown, Bryant, Miller still playing well...you guys should be a force.

BTW, you didn't barely beat Tampa Bay...they won that game.

Right, I meant… Jacksonville.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Right, I meant… Jacksonville.

Well, they beat us if it makes you feel better lol

Either way, as a Browns fan...my low expectations allow me to just be happy I can still talk about playoff possibilities going into week 15. :beer:

Ryan M

• Administrator

Well, they beat us if it makes you feel better lol

It doesn't. The Browns suck.

Either way, as a Browns fan...my low expectations allow me to just be happy I can still talk about playoff possibilities going into week 15.

Uh hmmm.

Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!