IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note:Β This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

4.4 YPC and about 100 yards a game against them.

They haven't been the steel curtain in a while...

They're no Cleveland though...I mean hell, we make Jonathan Stewart look like Barry Sanders. lol

I thought the Browns were going to get the W yesterday after pee wee got "hurt".

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Browns were going to get the W yesterday after pee wee got "hurt".

Stats were ugly, but he looked a lot sharper. Lot of velocity on the throws, better anticipation and timing, and better accuracy. Stats show 3-8 for 32 yards...what they don't show are 3 ugly drops. He threw 8 passes, 6 were catchable. I'll take that "progress".

Would help if our line wasn't abysmal without Mack in, and if our RB didn't trip over his own feet for -4 yards every 3 runs. Everyone loves Crowell for some reason...I don't get it.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Stats were ugly, but he looked a lot sharper. Lot of velocity on the throws, better anticipation and timing, and better accuracy. Stats show 3-8 for 32 yards...what they don't show are 3 ugly drops. He threw 8 passes, 6 were catchable. I'll take that "progress".

Would help if our line wasn't abysmal without Mack in, and if our RB didn't trip over his own feet for -4 yards every 3 runs. Everyone loves Crowell for some reason...I don't get it.

This is why I'm against switching QBs mid season. Everyone is used to the timing of Hoyer, then BOOM. He had a few off weeks and they freaked. I say you stick with your guy and switch once the season is over.

- Shane

• Administrator

Not gonna work against the steel curtain.

What's that? Something that hasn't existed for a decade or so? It's rusted through.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

This is why I'm against switching QBs mid season. Everyone is used to the timing of Hoyer, then BOOM. He had a few off weeks and they freaked. I say you stick with your guy and switch once the season is over.

Yeah, end of the day it didn't matter. Hoyer wouldn't have beaten Cincy, so playoffs were lost anyway...might as well see what you have.

They can blame the timing all you want, but the throws hit you in the hands, you have to catch it...I don't care if you've never even played with the guy before. Lack of chemistry can account for poor routes and/or timing/anticipation throws, but ones that hit you in the chest that are dropped...just a lack of effort.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

What's that? Something that hasn't existed for a decade or so? It's rusted through.

They technically are 6th in Run defense...as far as yards allowed.

But 25th in YPC.

Not exactly your Dad's Steelers...

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

• Administrator

My dad didn't care about football. My mom and grandma, on the other hand…

Yards is a weird way to measure stuff. If you suck at defending the pass… why would a team run against you? Hence yardage running drops. :)

The Steelers D sucks. Their line is "okay." Their linebackers are below average. Their secondary is lousy.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

They technically are 6th in Run defense...as far as yards allowed.

But 25th in YPC.

Still not gonna be able to pound the rock on every play. Any team in the NFL will catch on and shut you down quickly.

- Shane

My dad didn't care about football.

It's just a saying. ;-)

Still not gonna be able to pound the rock on every play. Any team in the NFL will catch on and shut you down quickly.

In which case you burn Taylor or Gay with AJ Green as soon as they leave one of them 1 on 1 to defend the run.

Pittsburgh's defense shouldn't be your main concern. I'd be more concerned about Ben, Antonio, and Bell.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

It's just a saying.

In which case you burn Taylor or Gay with AJ Green as soon as they leave him alone to defend the run.

Pittsburgh's defense shouldn't be your main concern. I'd be more concerned about Ben, Antonio, and Bell.

Agreed. Cincy wins when their D does their job.

- Shane

• Administrator

Spoken like a Browns fan. :-P The D is the concern.

Spoken like a Browns fan.

The D is the concern.

The D doesn't look like your typical Steelers D but I think they are the only team in the AFC that can beat the pats in NE and Denver in Denver. Β Im not saying they will but I don't think Indy is anything more than a one and done. Β Same goes for whoever else ends up in the other 2 spots. Β When Pittsburg is on they are really tough to beat.

• Administrator

The D doesn't look like your typical Steelers D but I think they are the only team in the AFC that can beat the pats in NE and Denver in Denver. Β Im not saying they will but I don't think Indy is anything more than a one and done. Β Same goes for whoever else ends up in the other 2 spots. Β When Pittsburg is on they are really tough to beat.

I am starting to think that some of you are talking about a completely different team. Are you watching the Pittsburgh Steelers, that play in the AFC North division, and have Omar Epps as the head coach and the cryptkeeper as their defensive coordinator?

I am starting to think that some of you are talking about a completely different team. Are you watching the Pittsburgh Steelers, that play in the AFC North division, and have Omar Epps as the head coach and the cryptkeeper as their defensive coordinator?

Second worst defense per Football Outsiders: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Spoken like a Browns fan.

The D is the concern.

lol

I mean Spackler should be concerned about those 3, not Steelers fans

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

I don't get to watch all of their games but Ive seen as many of their games as Ive seen of Denver and NE. Β IMO the AFC isn't all that strong and Pittsburgh has a good chance. Β They have more rings then the pats(once they stopped cheating) and Devner(since John Elway retired). Β I just don't see why they can't end up in Arizona and get smoked by the packers or hawks.

He doesn't need to with that defense. Kudos on the primetime win...shocked lol
Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Note:Β This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!