• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patch

Any Three Club Players?

7 posts in this topic

I played in a "Three Club Tourney" yesterday. Shot an 88. It was a fund raiser type event for Juvenile Diabetes, and there were about 35 entries. I think I finished 21st.

My weapons of choice were my 5W, 6I, and my AW. I chose my 5W just to get some extra work with it. It also doubled as my putter. I am also able to use my AW out of the sand, up to 80 yard shots. The 6I was just a pick, and wish club.

Anyone else ever play in these for fun tournaments? If so, what three clubs do you use?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I'd like to but haven't seen any around here. I putt decent with a wedge but I think I'd score better with a putter. Would probably go with 4i 8i putter.

Never played a 3 club tourney. Maybe a 3 wood, 8 iron, putter. I played in several 1 iron tourneys. On an exec course, I used a gap wedge, On a regular course, I used a 4 iron.

Never done it but would be fun. Think I'd go with 3h, 7I, lw, which I could use to putt with as well.

Never done it but would be fun. Think I'd go with 3h, 7I, lw, which I could use to putt with as well.

I like that set up a lot. I would probably swap the lob for a 56* for a little more versatility in the low end. Putting with a wedge isn't really that hard IMO.

I haven't myself. I used to play in a tournament every year where there were two holes (one on the front, one on the back) that you could only use one club (typically shorter Par 4s). 3 club tourney sounds fun. Did you enjoy it?

I like that set up a lot. I would probably swap the lob for a 56* for a little more versatility in the low end. Putting with a wedge isn't really that hard IMO.

3 yrs ago I would have agreed with you but since I got that 60, I use it for everything inside 85 yards so it would be versatile for me. I can't chip or pitch with a longer club without blowing it by the hole.